Saturday, June 18, 2011

27th BD and Friends

My 27th birthday was on May 23rd.
It was fabulous! I stayed in my pajamas almost all day, skipped my normal Monday routine of laundry, had many cards, FB, and phone call birthday wishes, got a new super cute swim suit, and best of all, Dan surprised me with a trustworthy babysitter (s-i-l Lara) so we could leave BOTH kids home and go out to dinner. I chose a place I'd never been before, the Mandarin. Delish!
My visiting teacher also brought by these yummy treats! Thanks Jessica!

Later that week, one of Dan's college roommates, Scott (along with his wife Laura and two daughters), came over for dinner.
His two girls sandwich McKenna in age, Lindsey(1), McKenna (2), Katie (3).
They all got along pretty well in spite of Scott's girls being exhausted from traveling from Texas that day. Thanks for the fun visit!
And here's just a cute picture of our future missionary and his handsome daddy! xoxo

6 comments:

Alyson said...

This post is brought to you by the name La(u)ra. You notice that's the only girl name? I think we're going to have to rename Scott's two girls and McKenna Laura (or maybe Lara) just so they can be in the post.

I'm glad you had a happy birthday! :)

Kris and Teresa said...

Happy nirthday! Looks like tons of fun

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

You still have that shirt (in the first picture?!?!) Or did I just bring that one up. Can't remember. Cute pictures as always :)

Kellie said...

happy belated birthday! sooo glad you picked the Mandarin. That's one of my FAVORITES. I love it!

Laura said...

Happy birthday (late!) That was a fun post. It was so good to see you guys. I'm SO happy we were able to set up the visit.

Oh and I love Ben's tie! So cute!

Anonymous said...

What a fun birthday! I'm glad you had such a great day!