Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fun with Firearms/Tea Party

Dan went shooting a couple weeks ago with a few guys in the ward out in the West Desert (Lone Rock-further west than Grantsville). Though we don't own a gun (something Dan would like to change) everybody else owned enough that he could try them all out. In fact, between the 9 guys that went there were 30+ guns including numerous pistols, black powder, assault rifles, .22, and probably every kind of shotgun. They took a lot of cans, water jugs and clay pigeons to shoot at. Naturally, I was worried about him getting hurt, but Dan reassured me that with a police officer and paramedic on hand everything would be fine :)

This was the assault rifle (AR 13), his favorite gun of the day. Doesn't he look manly?

12 gauge over-under shotgun (compliments of Josh H.) ...his next favorite

Taken a split second before the clay pigeon exploded...or so Dan says :)
The off-duty cop, Nate S.
Dan and Nate were competing to see who could hit a clay pigeon first...thankfully the police officer is a better shot than the social worker :)
This video isn't of Dan, but he thought this would be a better post if you all got to hear a shotgun go off.
He came home with a sore shoulder, perma-grin, lots of ammo and a promise to go again. It was really his first chance this semester to go have fun away from everything he has been doing, so I was glad he could go...and not get shot!

Also, a couple weeks ago, me and my cousins got together for our annual Tea Party book club. (I know. How much more opposite could these two events be?) This year's theme was masquerade. Most everyone dressed in fancy dresses (compliments of DI) and we all had pretty, glittery masks. There were delicious desserts accompanied by some decadent mac and cheese. Yes, you heard me right. :) These pictures were taken by my 11 year old cousin, so... not as close up as I would have liked. Still- good times!



3 comments:

Sibber said...

You are right about the total opposite of things... but glad he was able to go out and do something fun and different... I don't know about the gun part of it, but glad he had fun and was safe! The tea party sounds like a lovely idea, too!! Cheerio!!!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I was wondering what guns and a tea party had in common ;) Glad both of you had fun!

Sara T. said...

I have to say the AR15 is the smoothest thing ever. Adam and his dad each have one and its always been my favorite to shoot, anyone could do it since it hardly has a kick. I keep trying to get Adam to get me one, preferably in pink of course ;)