Saturday, June 18, 2011

California- Memorial Day Weekend

With my parents getting ready to move to Chile, my 2 siblings who live in Utah and I decided we should go to their house in CA for one last visit. Dan was quite busy with school, work, and internship, so he was unable to accompany us. :( However, because he didn't come, we only had to take one car. It was cozy, I sat between the two kids in the back, but it worked just great! It turned out to be a 13 hour car ride because we had to make so many stops for me to nurse Ben. I think the kids did pretty well, all things considered. However, not something I want to do with them every weekend. :) Some photos documenting our trip.

Sleeping babes in the car

Watching movies- portable DVD player=lifesaver!
(Oh, and binkies help too. ;) Yes, I know she's a little old to still be using one.)

McKenna has still not made the transition to a big girl bed. (Mostly because we haven't bought one yet.) So she slept in a pack 'n play while at my parent's house. You would think she might not like being so cramped. Oh well. Good thing she has all her sleeping buddies. :)
We took many walks down my parents long driveway to see the train tracks. Notice the rows of walnut trees behind us. Such a cool farm they live on!

Fun with Grandma Kelly and Grandpa Mike!
We took so many walks, and waited and waited until we finally got to see one cross up close!
Boy was it loud!

My dad took us to the plant where they do all the cracking and sorting of the walnuts. If the plant were running we would have had to wear hairnets as we walked around. We weren't required to this time around, but I still had to put one on Ben.

With my sister and brother.

Eating out at a delicious Chinese BBQ restaurant!

Memorial Day weekend also happened to be the weekend my parents were speaking in church. My mom wanted to add a Thompson family musical number to the meeting as well. Here we are practicing. My siblings are goobers sometimes. :)
Fun wrestling with Aunt "Pickle."

Some cute Ben faces!

His funny trick!
My mom's craftiness never ceases to amaze me. She made this hollyhock flower "doll."
McKenna kept asking if she could hold the princess. :)
It was a GREAT trip and so fun to be in their home one more time before they pack up and move to the SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE! Thanks for the fun visit!!

6 comments:

K Thompson said...

Thanks SO much for coming down and sharing your lovely selves with us. What a wonderful memory for us! We Love You Guys So Very Much!!!

Alyson said...

Most of the time when they come to visit UT it's to see you guys, their kids, so I don't see much of my cute bro anyway; but I'll be sad to have him so far away. We'll have to make a big occasion of it whenever they come back to visit the US. Looks like a fun visit! :)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Aw! Such a cute Ben Trick. And yes, your siblings can be goobers sometimes :)

Butler Family said...

your kids are so dang cute. What a fun little trip to take to see your parents

Casey Jensen said...

Looks like you guys had fun.

Mickellerox said...

This was such a fun trip! I love Ben's noises and McKenna's giggling in the background. And yes, we ARE goobers. :)