Monday, August 22, 2011

Big Girl Bed and More

We FINALLY brought home a big girl bed for McKenna (with the help of Gma and Gpa Webster and their truck). We had been building up to it for a while, so she was READY!
Buh-bye baby crib!
The big reveal in video form.  
My favorite parts are when she says, "Thank you very much guys." And at the end she says, "Wonderful!" 

Next thing to go will be that blasted binki.  One thing at a time...
Some other cute happenings with our Kenna girl.
A cute cell phone picture from the 4th of July I never posted.
Playing dress up

-

Our first time trying sponge curlers.  It didn't turn out so well.  We didn't even take a picture of the "after" until our third try.  It took me that long to figure out I needed to put them in the night before  and that they all needed to go in roughly the same direction.  


This was the first successful hair-do, post-curlers, that was worth taking a picture of.
She set the table for me, herself, and Ben.  Three bowls and three cups.  So smart...though I don't recall her spoon working out too well ;)
Pretty excited to try Ben's exersaucer too.

Playing with cousin Whitney and the baby doll binkis.
The Mulan Reflections song.  I love how serious she takes her singing.
This is a scene from Mulan which she has memorized.  She just started saying it one day during lunch and thankfully didn't get too camera shy when I started filming, though she kind of stops and starts again.  The second time the cup slams (15 seconds) is where to follow along with the "translation" below... :)  We've got a little drama queen on our hands.  Then again, we already knew that! 
Mulan: "You shouldn't have to go!"
Father: "Why not?" (This is not actually the line in the movie, but it made more sense in her head I guess)
Mulan: "There are plenty of young men who will fight for China."
Father: "It is an honor to fight for my country and my family."
Mulan: "So, you'll die for honor?"
Father: "I will die doing what's right.  I know my place, it's time you learn yours!"

Love this girl!!

13 comments:

Alyson said...

The Mulan quotes are adorable. (Glad you captioned them, it's been a long time since I watched that movie and I'm not fluent in McKenna.) But the new big girl bed part is too, so very cute. Wonderful! <—Loved that.

Hksedwick said...

haha Wonderful! I love hearing her say...you will die for honor? hilarious

Jessica said...

I Love It! She has a great memory! So cute!

Sibber said...

This girl just cracks me up! Nice Singing Kenna!!! She's so funny!! love it all!

Butler Family said...

what a BIG girl she is. I LOVE her new bed and she seems to LOVE it too. How fun for her.

Mary said...

that WAS awesome. "it's time you learn yours!" so great. what a cutie.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Oh my gosh. That child takes her movie watching seriously!!! I love her happiness with the new bed too. She just doesn't know what to do with it. May I also offer some unsolicitated advice: Give her a while to get used to the big girl bed before you take away the binki... Makes the transition smoother. Also, give her plenty of lead up time to get used to it. Amen :)

Kellie said...

Looks like we were both on the big bed wave-length this week! And the sponge curlers are adorable!!

Scott and Kel said...

Oh my gosh...girls are really the best! They say the funniest things! Cute videos, what a sweetie she is!!!

Lara Jean said...

Seriously in love!! I have watched that last video too many times... I keep showing Sam over and over again. "Why not" (serious face) I die laughing every time!! Glad you got this!!!

Melissa said...

Adorable videos. I think the big bed is a home run.

John and Jessica said...

What a cutie quoting Mulan, that was awesome!

Allie Walker said...

Oh my gosh Laura that is the BEST thing ever!! She is seriously hysterical. Serious drama queen:) Your kids are the greatest. I love their beautiful eyes, and clearly their personalities.