Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Gma & Gpa Thompson and the Rodeo

My parents came to town for my dad's work conference in Salt Lake City.  This was also their last visit before moving to Chile!  As part of the work conference, the company invited their employee's families to a picnic dinner (Famous Dave's!!) and then to the Days of 47 Rodeo!  It was awesome!


 This was the best picture of the night.  Too bad it wasn't centered.  




 Also, while they were in town we got tickets to the Pioneer Day commemoration concert which turned out to be a wonderful tribute to our armed forces.  A nice send off for my parents who were getting ready to leave the good old USA for a while.  :) 
 They will be missed!  Luckily we know we'll at least get to see them in a year.  
  

5 comments:

Alyson said...

Aw, that bottom pic with your parents and Ben! Way to rip their little hearts out and make them not be able to wait a whole year to see him again!

Leslie said...

The rodeo?!...I'm jealous!! I haven't been to a rodeo for a couple years now, thanks alot kids. j/k :) Looked like a good one.

Butler Family said...

Awww.. So glad you got to spend time with them before they left.

Kirsten said...

So fun! I love the pic of you holding McKenna's face. That is SO me when I take pictures with Miles. Can't get him to sit still long enough to snap a photo. :)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Love the picture with mom holding Ben and covering his ears... He looks so surprised :)