Monday, August 29, 2011

Lagoon

Every Summer growing up, my family vacationed in Utah and we always scheduled a day to go to Lagoon!  We were thrilled to take McKenna for her first time thanks to my F-I-L's work.  We went after afternoon naps, got there at about dinner time, and stayed till about 9.  We decided to try the new roller coaster, Bombora, first.  Go big or go home!  We were pretty sure she'd scream (with fear) the whole time, and wouldn't want to try any other rides.  Boy, were we wrong!  We've got a little thrill-seeker on our hands!  Some of you know Kenna has a bit of a stutter when she gets really excited.  After her first ride on Bombora, she said, "Sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-should we ride it again!?!?"... which we did.
She LOVED pretty much every ride she went on. 
She called this the "Mulan" ride because it had a Chinese theme.  
She's next to Dan who's wearing the bright blue shirt.
 Bulgy the Whale

Look at that face!  Pure joy!  All the other kids around her were frowning or looked like they couldn't care less.  

  Poor Dan had to hold up his legs the whole time on these swings.  
I can't go on rides anymore that go around and around and around.  I get too nauseous.  

The Boats- she loved ringing the bell and splashing in the water.

Waiting in line for "Puff."




Ben had a great time too chillin' in his seat.  
He got to at least ride the carousel.  
We were wet from Rattelsnake Rapids, the Log Flume, and a crazy thunderstorm.  

What a fabulous evening! 

6 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Oh man, does she look like she had a fabulous time. That totally makes me want to take my kids now... Ah, to vacation in Utah again. *Sigh*

Mindy said...

I hope Daniel didn't get too frightened on the kiddie swings. He is growing up so fast! :)

Hksedwick said...

I love that Dan had to hold his legs up on the "yo-yo"(that's what it was at the Carnival in Elko). The yo-yo was my favorite ride and I insisted that my dad ride it with me because it was so cool. He got in the seat and his belly was a little too big for the strap, but the Carni was intent on getting him strapped and Finally got the strap done, but it caught my dad's shirt in it and he had to walk around the rest of the day with a hole in his shirt.

Scott and Kel said...

So cute...she looks like she had so much fun! Yah, Haddyn would have been one of the little screamers. Too much of me in her :) Your little family is so cute! Wish we lived closer.

Alyson said...

I really, really love Lagoon. I think the kid rides area is really pretty great. Dinosaur Drop and Ladybug Bop are fun even for mom and dad. ;)

Butler Family said...

what a "big" girl going on all the rides. your kids are just so adorable