Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Concert, UT Game, Super Saturday

The Saturday after Thanksgiving I sang in the Millennuim Chorale's Christmas Concert.  After last year's  disaster, we certainly made up for that chaos this year by singing in the historic Salt Lake Tabernacle.  [Don't worry, it didn't even come close to burning down. ;)]  The concert was a beautiful, marvelous, and spiritual experience.  This year, Lex invited ANYone in the world to come sing his Christmas oratorio, Gloria.  If they passed the audition and could make it to SLC for 4 rehearsals the week of Thanksgiving, they were in.  He also extended the invite to anyone who could not make it to SLC but would record themselves singing (to a recording with Lex contucting) so they could participate in a "virtual" choir.  The virtual choir sang the finale with us.  Lex had a "click track" ticking in his ear the entire song so the live and virtual choirs stayed together.  
I'm second row, in the middle, right behind the mic stand.
My loving, awesome, super supportive husband.  
The day after Thankgiving, I attended my first (of many) U football game. Yes, I'm still loyal to my alma mater (Go BYU!), but at least I got to spend some time with my man.  (Editors Note: Don't let her fool you. She loved every minute of being on campus, was so impressed by the greater level of school spirit and devotion than she experienced at the school "down south", and it has been confirmed that she cheered "GO UTES" at least twice. Making progress my friends.)
And here's something I forgot to blog about.  The last Saturday in October, our relief society  had their "Super Saturday" activity.  I signed up to do three of the crafts.  
A "Days 'til" block. (Chalkboard paint-how cool!)
Apron
This thing took pretty much the whole time (4 hours) and I made a big enough mistake I have to put in another hour or two to fix it.  The straps crisscross in the back and I made them too small at first and had my mom help me fix them when she came to visit a week or so later (THANKS MOM!).  I had so many people help me with this apron, so don't be too impressed that I sewed this.  I still really have no clue how to follow and pattern.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out. :)  
 I didn't have time to even touch my third project (tooth fairy pillows).  I'll have to post about those later when I finish them.  

3 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Thankfully, you should have a little bit of time before you need a toothfairy pillow :)

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

That's awesome about singing in the Tabernacle. Good for you, Laura! However, even signing in the Tabernacle does make up for cheering for the Utes. Think about it, even the school colors are evil. What else is red, you might ask? Communism, some species of poisonous snakes (such as the coral snake), Twizzlers, and pictures of the devil. Be wary, and stay safe ... stay Blue. : ) Merry Christmas, you two!

Butler Family said...

looks like a very fun time!! That apron is super cute and I LOVE the countdown thing. How fun:)