Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November- Gma and Gpa Thompson Visit

McKenna and I started  the month by making these cute pine cone turkeys.  

(They didn't look as cute once they dried out and opened up WIDE.)

 My parents came up from Chile for a visit since my dad had work in SLC for a week.  We loved having them stay with us to maximize the time we could spend with them.  

My dad was a good sport to "play" dress-up (aka holding all McKenna's dresses).
 He also let McKenna play many games on his iPad.  
 After seeing Disney on Ice (more on that later), McKenna was sliding around on this book saying it was her magic carpet.  :)
 My mom also brought/made this beautiful fleece blanket.  
 I think she loved it, just a little bit. :) 
 While they were here, we also took a them up to Mantua for an over-nighter.  It was nice to be able to spread out a little more than at our house.  

Fun with stickers and Aunt Pickle 

 


 Ben's such a boy.  He's crawling and climbing all over the place!
 Movie night at Mantua!
 We had a pretty good snow storm while my parents were here too.  
 Dan helped Kenna build her first snowman.  Unfortunately, we had so many pine needles in the snow it didn't pack very well.  
 Dan called it a snow obelisk.  :) 
We're sad we won't see Grandma and Grandpa Thompson again till next July.  But we're very grateful for their love and spending Thanksgiving with us!  
(I'm sad I didn't get more pictures of them with Ben.)

3 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

What happens in July? R&R I guess? Very jealous. Just FYI :)

Butler Family said...

Having family in town is truly so much fun!! Glad your parents came for a visit and that you got to spend some time with them!!!

Brett and Rachel said...

LOVE the pinecone turkeys!! SO DANG cute!!