Monday, November 7, 2011

Pumpkin Carving, Gardner Village, and Trick-or Treating

I LOVE how as McKenna gets older she gets more and more into the holidays.  She was super excited to carve jack-o-lanterns this year!
Not the least bit scared of the "guts."


Finished products
Dan really wanted to make one throwing up and then had the gross idea to add red food coloring.  Yuck!
And one of my favorite parts of carving pumpkins is roasting the seeds!
We also made a stop at Gardner Village with some Webster cousins to check out the Witches.
Here are the kiddos right before Kenna got to go trick-or-treating.  Poor thing actually had an ear infection and had just started antibiotics that day.  She was a trooper and had fun anyway.  Ben stayed home and helped pass out candy with whichever parent happened to be taking their turn at home.  Thankfully the weather was perfect-- mid 60s!

My sister, Aunt "Witch Pickle", was nice enough to come up and go trick-or-treating with us too.  
Other things McKenna loved this Halloween  season were watching Charlie Brown's The Great Pumpkin and reading LOTS of Halloween books that I used to use in my classroom.  

And now I'm trying to get her to appreciate Thanksgiving BEFORE all the Christmas stuff comes along.  (Oh wait- that's already happened.)

5 comments:

Alyson said...

They are just adorable. And I'm impressed! You did more things with your two kids on this one Halloween than I have done with all seven of mine over 17 years! Way to carpe the Halloween diem.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Ben is a super cute Superman! And Kenna looks just fine. Ear Infection Non-withstanding.

Anonymous said...

Love Dan's pumpkin!

Butler Family said...

cute kids and love the pumpkins!!! IT is alot of fun to get the kids involved

Kris and Teresa said...

My favorite part about pumpkin carving is the seeds too. I think that is really the only reason I could motivate myself to gut those things this year.