Sunday, May 20, 2012

Blog Tag

One of the main reasons I keep a blog is so it will act as our family scrapbook.  However, I also very much enjoy reading other's blogs and catching up on their happenings and hope others enjoy doing the same with ours.  It's great to "keep in touch" through the blogging world.
Recently a dear friend of mine, Steph, blog tagged me. :)  It started a few friends back, and I'd like to continue it.  Therefore, I'll be tagging someone else at the end of my little interview.  Check it out!

1. if you were an animal, which would you be?
A monkey.  I think they look like they have a lot of fun hanging and swinging around.  They've always been my favorite animal to watch at the zoo.  

2. if you could have dinner with anyone who would it be? {i know this one is cliche, but i always love to hear people's answers to this!}
I would love to have dinner with Pres. Thomas S. Monson.  I'm pretty sure he could teach me some amazing things!  

3. what would you say is the flaw in yourself you would most like to correct?
Stop comparing myself to others and stop feeling the "mom guilt."

4. where do you see yourself this time next year?
Looking for a pre-school for my oldest child.  Hopefully a better looking yard.  Continuous wonderful motherhood adventures!  

5. fill in the blank: when i have an afternoon totally to myself, i like to ______
Blog (email and FB too: computer time in general), nap, clean.  

6. are you a chocolate or vanilla kind of person?
Mostly chocolate with nuts!  

7. would you {or have you} ever traveled solo? would you? why/why not?
First time I was on an airplane by myself was when I was 18 and leaving the nest to go to college.  I remember being scared to death.  I thought I wouldn't know how to make my connecting flight.  I'm much more of a "home body."  I don't think I'd really enjoy traveling solo.  Plus it's much more fun to travel and make memories WITH those you love.

8. tell me about the best date you ever had.
This past Valentine's Day with my hubby was pretty dang awesome!  We went to dinner at PF Chang's (gift card), and then went bowling. :)  It wasn't so much the dinner and activity that were so awesome, it was the fact that we hadn't been out on a date in a while, the conversation was fantastic, and we even got a little flirty and fun!  Definitely not our "usual" date nights of Del Taco and grocery shopping... with kids!  

9. which song has been running through your head lately?
Some Broadway show tunes, thanks to this awesome CD that Dan got me for Mother's Day.  

10. did you make any resolutions this year? how are they going?
I'm not much of a resolutions kinda gal.  I feel like there's always something in my life that will need improvement.  So, I generally make weekly and daily resolutions to "be better" in many areas of my life: exercising (I'm running a 10K in July), reading my scriptures more, having more regular Family Home Evening, being more patient with my children... I could go on and on.  But then there's that guilt thing that could pop up again.  Let's just say I'm always trying to "be better" than I was yesterday.  

Thanks for the tag, Steph! :)  Miss you!

Now it's my turn.  I tag my sister Emily and Katie S.  My questions are the same for you ladies.  If you feel like tagging someone else, you're welcome to keep the same questions or come with with new ones.  :)  Love ya!  

1 comment:

Steph said...

ahhh love it!! i love getting this little peek into your life, even from 1500+ miles away (: