Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Haircut, Hip, and Happy Mother's Day!

So, I needed a change.  And thankfully, Dan happens to really like me with short hair.  :) So...
Before
 After
 This was me styling it the next day by myself: the real test if it's a good haircut or not.
Thanks to my friend Lea C. for a job well done!        

 In other news, Dan's been having hip pain for about 8 years now.  I guess that's old news.  ;)  He finally went to to get it looked at and found out that he has some excess bone that's been bumping into his cartilage.  Ouch!  The little nub that I circled in red on his right hip is the excess bone.  


Thankfully, the MRI showed no damage to his cartilage.  They'll just have to shave/smooth out the nub.  He'll be going in for surgery the Tuesday after Memorial Day.  He should be on crutches 4-6 weeks with physical therapy for 2-3 months after that.  Wish us luck!  

Mother's Day was wonderful this year.  It was a busy one.  We had a baby blessing and mission farewell to go to.  This was also McKenna's first Mother's Day being in Primary.  Since Dan is a primary teacher, he was able to take a picture of all the kids practicing the song Mother I Love You they would sing in Sacrament Meeting.  She knew ALL the words.  Just not always in the right order. :)    
McKenna also went to a primary activity earlier in the week where they made cards and necklaces for mom.  The necklace she made is right next to her card on the left in this picture.  It's her thumbprint in a mold with pink ink!  SO darling!  Dan also got my my favorite candy, flowers, and this awesome CD (Sandra is the older sister of one of my best friends growing up).  I highly recommend it!
I so much enjoy and love being a mother to my sweet McKenna and Ben.  It's the best job in the world!!  

7 comments:

Mary said...

hot momma! love the new 'do.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the haircut :) Good luck Danny Boy. And you might have to find out how they did that thumb thing... I like it! :)

mnjacksons said...

love your hair- so cute
Hope all goes well with Dan's surgery! and he will be in less pain soon!!!

Kirsten said...

Love the haircut! Need one myself. As for Dan's hip-- ouch! Sending good vibes for his upcoming surgery and recovery.

Tara said...

LOOOOVE the new style!

joel and laura michelle said...

your hair looks fabulous :) great mothers day gift ;)

Butler Family said...

I LOVE your new haircut!! It looks great!! looks like you also had a great mother's day!