Thursday, February 27, 2014

January- Week 2

A few days after Ben turned 3, he decided he wanted to try underwear.  Sweet McKenna took a couple turns reading to him on the potty while he was trying to go #2 (which he never did).  Long story short, he peed in the potty several times, and still does quite often if we find a dry diaper on him.  But, we learned after a few accidents that Ben was so nervous about getting his pants wet again, that even with a diaper back on, he held his pee for 13 hours!!  So... we've taken a break from the potty training for a while.  
McKenna had a play date with some neighbor friends.  They were playing school.
Anna had her six month check-up the same time Ben had his 3 year check-up.  
Anna's 6 Month Stats
Height: 26.2 in (1 in increase in 2 months) 60th percentile
Weight: 15.1 lbs (1.7 lb increase in 2 months) 25th percentile
Head: 80th percentile

Anna laid like this for a good 2-3 minutes while I caressed and rubbed her back.
Her mama would have done the same! :) I looooove back rubs! 
I thought Anna might have had an ear infection because she had had a runny nose and was VERY fussy one day as well as not sleeping well.  I took her to InstaCare and she checked out just fine.  
Oh well.  Glad I knew for sure.  
My first attempt at a pony tail on Miss Anna


Cuteness!
At 6 months, Anna was rolling a little more, still waking up once (or sometimes twice) to nurse at night, and still getting used to rice cereal and baby food.  
I finally put up the bumpers and crib skirt in Anna's crib that my mom made when McKenna was a baby.  
And here's my first "hate" letter from McKenna.  I found this in the laundry room where we do "time-out."  When we asked her about it, she just told us she was really mad at me.  

6 comments:

Hksedwick said...

Anna is such a little peanut with the sweetest little cheeks!! The hate note cracked me up!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

So Anna is tall and skinny. Just like her daddy, but without all the hair ;) That bedding mom made is awesome, and I love her little face peeking out :) And lastly, that "hate" letter from McKenna is awesome! Pretty smart for a not yet kindergartner!

Mary said...

so... i love ben's bday interview and especially the photo of him reading to anna - so sweet! your kiddos are quite adorable. also, mckenna's "hate" letter broke my heart! i'm totally not ready for that yet. finally, we need to facetime again!!

K Thompson said...

Anna's cute "deer in the headlights" with her ponytail pic, the "hate-mail", Ben reading to Anna, McKenna reading to Ben... How do I pick my favorite? I was just giggling all through the post! It's so fun to see your daily life...

Becca said...

Oh poor Benny's bladder!!! Hope things go better in a few months. :) Cute Anna with her cute Anna doll!!!!! Love the ponytail/pigtail? :) I cannot even imagine that McKenna would do that, hopefully it's the last (but probably not, sadly).

Mickellerox said...

I like that Anna's ponytail looks as surprised as she does in those photos. Hope potty training round 2 goes better. Tell McKenna "don't be hatin'", she'll TOTALLY get it. :)