Saturday, February 1, 2014

November- Smith's Visit Part 2

After we left Mantua, we came back to Bountiful.  The Smiths stayed at my house, my mom and dad stayed with my uncle, and Mickelle and Jonathan went back to their place in Murray.  Sad to be spread out, but we still had lots of fun things planned!  
Thursday we took family pictures at the Salt Lake City Public Library.  Since it was cold and rainy outside, we needed some place indoors with good lighting.  My talented sister-in-law Lara, was the photographer! 





There were many more great picture, but I'll have to spare the blog.  
After pictures, we went to the LDS Conference Center and took a lovely tour.  They were already getting ready for the Christmas season! 


We found a familiar face in the "Hall of the Prophets."
We had a delicious lunch at Firehouse Subs then came home for naps.  

The kids all played very well together! 

That night, we took the gang out to Ugurt!  We invited a Virginia friend, Bonnie and family, who now lives in Utah.  
The kids had a great time too.  
Especially since we brought playdough for them to play with while the grown-ups chatted away.  
The next day, Dan and I, Emily and Justin, and mom and dad, were able to attend a session at the Salt Lake City Temple where my Dad's dad was one of the officiators. Pretty neat for most of us to be together in that wonderful building!

Later that afternoon we packed up and headed up to Snyder Mill to a large cabin where my extended Thompson side of the family was going to have an early Thanksgiving dinner and over-nighter.  We were a little ill-prepared for the snow they had up there.  Our cars wouldn't make it all the way to the lodge, so the menfolk had to do most of the hiking with all our sleeping bags and stuff.  
After a delicious feast, we all sat around and got to hear some stories from my grandparents.  I learned more about how they fell in love, eloped, and then later got sealed. My sweet Grandma was so worried the whole time and kept saying they were not a good example to follow.  I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful family heritage! 
My mom is also always a great baby snuggler.  

In preparation for this family vacation together, my mom got us all matching T-shirts!  
After getting the kids to bed (kind of... it was a rough night), the grown-ups stayed up way too late chatting and doing puzzles.  Not pictured was the not-quite-complete set of Hulk Hogan which Dan and Justin spent hours putting together. They were so proud.
The next morning we ate breakfast and packed up to head back home.  Later that night we went to see Hunger Games: Catching Fire.  My sister is kind of obsessed with the series! 
Sunday was a normal church day and some of the family went to visit my mom's parents again.  That night we had our traditional German Pancakes meal.  
The next day the Smith family was headed home and I needed a sibling picture.  A "selfie" would suffice.  :) 
And a couple more group pictures of the kids.  Ben's always so cooperative.  

We hugged and smooched the Smith Family goodbye!  What an awesome time we all had together and I can't wait for the next gathering.  Hope it's not another three years away.  

4 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I agree. 3 years is too long. Grandma Jeanne was sweet :)

Mickellerox said...

You can clearly see from the back of Benny's head that he is still smiling though. Love Dylan's face in the last shot :)

Becca said...

I love the pictures your SIL does!!! She got such great pictures of the whole Thompson clan. :) (well, except I wasn't in it. ;) ) Loved that you all got to spend so much time together. You all are the best!!!!! Also, I see that Emily got to steal the baby Anna....she did it a lot, right?? She loves those babies! :)

Hksedwick said...

It looks like fun all being together and that family picture in those colors is so perfect.