Wednesday, August 13, 2014

July- Week 2- Scheels, Bees Baseball

My dad flew in from Chile for some work meetings in SLC, and to join my mom, on July 5th.  While they were here, we planned a couple fun outings together before he had to go to work.  First stop...Scheels!  We'd never been there and wowie!!  It was awesome! 
First, a few poses with the statues outside, before we even got into the store.  

We loved seeing the hundreds of stuffed animals!  So beautiful! 

And of course the Ferris Wheel was lots of fun!  


Mom and dad
My sister and brother, Mickelle and Jonathan.

Then we went out for some ice cream, of course!  
I had to document my sweet girl, McKenna, made my bed for me one day and left a cute note/picture on Dan's pillow. :) Such a good helper.  
Another outing with my parents was a Salt Lake Bees baseball game.
This video was taken on the way.  Sweet baby learning to play peek-a-boo.
At the ballpark on Tuesdays the kids got to eat free.  Their meal included a hot dog, soda, and a rice crispy treat.  We also loaded them up with peanuts and ice cream!  While the company and food were great, the score wasn't so hot.  The other team scored 5 RUNS in the first inning, first up to bat!  Oops!  Thankfully, the Bees put in a new pitcher which helped a little.  The final score was 14-7, them.  
Dan took a walk with Ben to help keep him entertained and took this cute picture! 
Dan also created this collage.  You'll notice we couldn't get a smile out of McKenna during the seventh inning stretch.  She was pretty tired by that point.  
On July 9th, Dan's parents treated all the grown-ups to dinner and a show.  
Deliciousness at Olive Garden.  
On the walk to Capitol Theater, Dan and David had to be silly.  He probably only broke David's back a little bit.  
What show, you ask?  WICKED!!  It was a-mazing!  The leads were pitch perfect!  

 Thank you SO, so, so, much mom and dad! 

4 comments:

Alyson said...

Oh my word, the bed making! I can't believe she's already in that stage.

Mary said...

love dan's socks at the wicked show. we need a facetime data asap, i miss you!!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

How sad is it that I just got from spending a week with you guys and I am STILL jelly of your fun times together in UT. That store looks awesome! The peekaboo video is the cutest! And I want to go to see Wicked! Also, Dan's baby face, with no whiskers = Weird.

Mickellerox said...

annnnnd McKenna just surpassed my own bed making skills. ;)