Sunday, August 10, 2014

June- Week 4, Anna's and Dan's Birthdays!

Anna's such a great pointer so we took this great selfie on her birthday showing how old she is! 
We had a lovely cupcake smash planned the evening of her birthday.  We invited family over and planned to do it outside.  Unfortunately, a storm rolled in just in time.  Since I was nowhere near ready to host the party inside, we improvised and held the event in our garage!  I know...pretty ghetto.  But it worked.  :)
Before the cake smash! 
Dan's mom shot this video beforehand of all the cousins shouting, jumping, and chanting Anna's name.  It was super cute!  And it showed us how different one-year-old Anna is from one-year-old McKenna.  If McKenna's cousins had done that at her cake smash, she would have cried her eyes out because it was so loud.  Anna just smiled and kind of bounced along to the rhythm of the chant.  
I was recording this video when my sister-in-law offered to take over for me and I think I accidentally stopped the recording.  So I didn't even get the whole birthday song.  I think my sister was recording as well, but her phone hard drive got corrupted and she lost the video.  Oh well.

She was a little timid at first, so Dan helped things along.  

Then she got the hang of it! 










And we threw some Otter pops in the mix too. 
The aftermath.  Not too messy.  She really did eat most of it.  Such a sweet tooth on this one.  

Everyone who attended.  Grandma Sibber is taking the picture.  

After most of the cousins left, we opened some presents.  She certainly got spoiled by her two grandmas and aunts and uncles.  







One of her cute new outfits.  
We went to the park on Friday night and I taught my children the art of butterfly swinging.  

Dan's birthday was 4 days later.  He was able to enjoy a morning of golfing with his mom, dad, and brother, Jake the Saturday before his birthday.    
That night we had a lovely dinner date with his parents at a fancy steakhouse called, Shula's.  
Monday, the day of Dan's birthday, he went to work like normal in the morning.  My mom and Jonathan came to watch McKenna's Gymnastics and then we went to Costco for a smoothie.  Ben was at the beginning stages of a virus and was coming down with a fever (more on that later).  Hence the reason for him falling asleep in my mom's arms.  
Later that day, my mom had a gathering with many of her family members.  This is her with all of her siblings and dad and step mom.  First time they've all been together in 4 years.  
The evening of Dan's birthday, Anna also had a bad cough, Ben still had a fever, and Dan himself was having some wicked back pain.  So we had $5 pizza and watched a movie as a family.  Later my mom came over to babysit after the kids were in bed, and Dan and I went on a date to DQ!  Not the greatest celebration for my main man.  But I'm sure glad he was born so we could get married and have an eternal family!  Love you more and more everyday, honey!  Happy 32nd!  

5 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Great pic of the kids and smoothies! And, while his birthDAY might not have been the most exciting, it sounds like he had a birthweek, so thats ok :)

Alyson said...

I know just a little bit about how that virus turned out...

I'm glad that Dan and Anna had HBDs!

K Thompson said...

How blessed we are as a family with these two very special people being born. Great Job on the post Laura! You're catching up FAST!!! What great shots of precious family members. Love you! Mom

Hksedwick said...

Happy birthday Anna and dan!

Mickellerox said...

'Member that one time Jonathan shared a smoothie with all of your kids and then they all shared Hand, Foot, and Mouth?! Good times. :)