Saturday, August 9, 2014

June- Week 3, Granddaughter Sleepover, Scout trip

Dan took a trip down to Havasupai in the Grand Canyon with the Teachers and Priests in our ward.  He was gone 4 nights.  It was a 10 mile hike down, then camping for two nights, and 10 miles back out.  He got some pretty wicked blisters!  But he said it was gorgeous and really enjoyed spending time with the boys and other leaders.  
While Dan was on his trip, McKenna was at a Granddaughter sleepover.  So I got some great one-on-one time with Ben while Anna was napping.  We read books, played games and built stuff.  He built these block towers then said, "I can't wait to show Daddy!" 
Anna started doing this cute pout face whenever I told her "no."  So sad and cute.  :) 
The granddaughter sleepover was a huge success! Grandma planned a Hawaiian theme, so they made their own Hawaiian pizzas for dinner.

Other fun activities:
Coloring plastic stained glass fishies and flip flops
Hula rubber ducky races
In the morning they all got pretty braids from Grandma.  
She put them to work helping make breakfast.  

The she gave them these beautiful dresses! 

Practicing their Hula dancing.  

They went for a morning walk.

They also got this darling Fairy Village! We set it up in a nice shady spot in our yard.  


We were all super tired, apparently.  
The day Dan got home from his trip, my mom also flew into town for a month long visit.  It was also the anniversary of the day my mom's mom passed away, so we went to visit her grave.  Grandma Gay is who my Anna "Gayle" is named after.  
Some other ancestors buried close by.  My Grandpa Paul's mom and dad.  

We celebrated June Birthdays at Webster family dinner.  
Playing dress up.  He's so creative.  :) 

We love having play dates with the Alexander girls! 
We also took those girls, and Whitney, to the $1 Tuesday Summer movie, Epic.  
I also wanted to document how much Anna loves my sister, Mickelle.  They have a sweet relationship.

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Love the fishhook of love!!! So glad she loves my family for me :)

Mickellerox said...

SO fishhooky, you don't even KNOW! <3