Friday, August 22, 2014

July- Week 3- Little Valley Days and Pioneer Day

Baby girl cousins, Anna and Ellie... 10 months apart! 

A few signs Anna can do.
Saturday, July 19th, was Little Valley Days in Mantua.  Dan took McKenna, Ben, Joe, Katie, Truman and Henry to main street for the Parade.  It lasted all of 15 minutes and they all actually got a TON of candy.  
Around lunch time, the women had to leave Mantua to head to a bridal shower for our final sister-in-law.  So Dan and Brian stayed with the kids to enjoy a little more of Little Valley Days.  The fish hatchery was open to the public for the first time in a long time, so they got to take it all in.  
Feeding the fish.  
The bridal shower was for Pidi, (pronounced P-G), Adam's fiance.  These girls were super excited to get a new aunt!  
And we're pretty excited to have our Webster family sisterhood complete!  (Missing Lara who was at a cousin's wedding.) 

After the bridal shower, I took McKenna uniform shopping for the new school year.  This Summer has been a Summer of too many late nights and it certainly took a toll on our kids, and us at times, in the form of overtired/grouchy children.  McKenna fell asleep in the car two separate times that day.  I was so glad if it would help her not be grouchy later.   
Dan found this little kid lawn mower for Ben at DI.  It's been a big hit around here.  He's such a good helper! 
After a full month with my mom, and two weeks with my dad in town, it was time to say goodbye.  
One last group picture!  My sister and brother flew home with them, and Dan and I would be joining them in Chile in 10 days or so!  :)  Stay tuned for that post!

I hosted a neighborhood babystting co-op at my house the day before Pioneer Day and watched 14 kids (including my own), ages 7-1 for a few hours.  It was lots of fun and not as crazy and you might think.  They are all such good kids!  Love the neighborhood we live in! 
Not enough chairs at lunch time, so the bigger kids had to stand.  
Watching a little Peter Pan after lunch.  
For 6 weeks I had been training for a 5K on Pioneer Day.  
The race started at 7am.  Thank goodness it was overcast for almost all of the race.  
Here's a couple before and after pics.  
Don't mind my blotchy, bright pink face. 
I finished in pretty good time.  Adrenaline really helps that. ;)  I had 9:03 min mile.  I finished 89/298 overall.  And 37/177 for females.  I also finished 6/27 in my age group (30-34).  I felt pretty good about it and loved training this time without any leg pain.  When I trained for and ran a 10K two years ago, I'm pretty sure I had tendonitis in my achilles tendon.  No fun!  

We pretty much chilled the rest of the day as a family and tried to get the motivation to go and do something fun!  We planned to head to Bountiful Park for all the Handcart Days festivities, but ended up getting there JUST as they stopped selling tickets to do all the fun things!  Hopefully we only need to learn that lesson once.  So, to make up for it, we headed to Kangaroo Zoo.  We almost had the place to ourselves since it was a holiday.   Only one other family was there.  Even though they were cllosing earlier than we thought, our kids played hard for 45 minutes and that seemed to be just enough for them,  :)   




We ate popsicles at home and called it a night.  Hooray for Pioneers! :)

3 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Is that the yellow shirt I gave you? It looks great! Good job on the running! And Anna looks like she is having a great time at Kangaroo zoo!

Hksedwick said...

Great job on the 5k!!! That's a great time. Also I was wondering if McKenna was wearing a uniform on her first day of school pic. She looks so cute in it

Mickellerox said...

Sweet little baby signs, and I will NEVER get tired of seeing pics of kids zonked out in cars. :)