Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Jan. 2021- Week 1- Finished Puzzle, Ben's Birthday, Get Air, Anna Head Bonk

 Friday- New Year's Day- was a chill day.  I finished the peacock puzzle and worked on a grocery order and listened to my book.  Dan and Ben played with his circuit board.  McKenna worked on a to-do list of her own (she's SO self motivated) and the little girls played, listened to music and watched shows off and on.  McKenna also showed me her completed Book of Mormon reading chart from 2020!! She did it! She After lunch, Bethany did some homework and we played Color Brain.  Dan and Ben watched Captain America and I worked on Blurb. McKenna and Dan went to the Dollar store to get some stuff for YW.  After dinner, we played a new game called Kids Against Maturity. After kids were in bed I organized picture collages on my phone.  

Saturday I walked on the treadmill in the morning and listened to my book.  After breakfast, we put away Christmas decorations.  We attended Dylan's priesthood ordination in Alabama through Zoom. Dan and I went on a lunch date and went looking for some Valentine's decorations and I was disappointed nothing was out yet.  We finished cleaning that afternoon and then got everyone ready for church tomorrow.  

Saturday into Sunday I had a terrible night's sleep, in part due to Alice.  We streamed church at our new time, 9am.  I got a cute picture of Alice and Bethany matching. Since it was fast and testimony Sunday, where there was a pause in the meeting, McKenna got up to share her testimony!  I then did a small primary lesson with the kids.  Dan came home and passed us the Sacrament and then we had our Zoom meetings.  For lunch, we tried chicken nuggets in our new air fryer and the kids loved them!  I read and napped with Alice and then watched the "Don't Miss This" weekly video.  McKenna and Dan attended a YW presidency meeting and then she helped deliver a candy poster she designed for Becky Paulson who was just released as YW President.  For dinner that night, we had pork chops in the air fryer and they were pretty good, but a little dry.  Dan attended Russell's priesthood ordination.  We played Kids Against Maturity again and prepped to go back to school the next day.  *I felt really productive and spiritually fed this day.

Monday was a normal morning and after homework, the kids played with Henry, Brittana, Cooper, and Mabel. After dinner and kids to bed, Dan watched Star Wars stuff. 

Tuesday morning Alice had a weird episode where she threw a tantrum because I wouldn't let her in the bathroom while I showered, so she kicked the door over and over.  Then, she cried "Owie! Owie!" and wouldn't walk on her foot for some time!  Then, after food and some Tylenol, she was fine. So weird.  Swa stopped by that afternoon to bring over some shoes for me to try on.  I helped McKenna and Ben record a video for a book project of her.  We included some bloopers in the video as well (hence Ben's face).  :)  Ben played outside with Tanner.  After dinner, Ben went to his first High School Musical Rehearsal at Backstage.  (Not sure where Alice's silly face came from.)

Wednesday I volunteered in Bethany's class and homework and piano was normal.  The saddest news of the day was that a group of people, presumed to be Trump supporters, stormed our nation's capitol building to try to stop the certifying of the Electoral College votes to confirm Joe Biden as our new president.  McKenna had rehearsal, Ben played at Oliver's, and Bethany played at the Johnson's.  I started planning some stuff for Primary.  Anna decided to take her new scooter outside.  After dinner and bedtime, we prepped for Ben's birthday!

Thursday was Ben's 10th birthday!  I got a call after breakfast that Anna had bonked her head really hard at school on a bar on the playground and I needed to come get her.  She cried so loud and long on the way home since she tried really hard to hold it in while she was at school.  Once home, I gave her some meds and ice and let her rest.  I was really hoping we could still go through with our BD plans for Ben to to go to a trampoline park later in the day.  Once everyone one else was home, we went and got special juice and bread for lunch and the kids worked on homework.  Then we went to Get Air to have some fun!  It was so nice because there were really only about 10 other people there the whole time we were, so we jumped without our masks and still felt pretty Covid safe.  I wouldn't have been able to breath very well otherwise.  ;) Bethany had music and Anna had dance.  I called Jonathan for our weekly call.  We had ramen for dinner and Ben had rehearsal.  McKenna and Dan also had youth activities.  We skyped with my family for them to wish Ben a happy birthday, and then Ben finally opened presents right before bed. He was so patient.  












No comments: