Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Jan. 2021- Week 3- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Weekend at Mantua, Among Us, Inauguration, Trash Bag Fashion Show

 Friday we hurried through homework and packed up to leave by 12.  We got lunch on the way and made it to Mantua by 2.  It was our assigned weekend to check on the house so we decided to make it a weekend stay!  We got settled into the house unloading our stuff, unloading the dishes, changing light bulbs, and replacing batteries in smoke detectors that were beeping.  I also cleaned out the vacuum.  The kids played headbands (giving Alice the "sample questions" card to help her feel included :)) and worked on their diamond art.  Dan left to go get pizza for dinner and I started cleaning the top oven that had some gnarly stuff burned on the bottom.  Sadly, Dan called to say he was stuck in some snow after he had gone scouting out a location to go shooting.  I fed the kids a different dinner while our friend Bryce Coy and another local tried to get him unstuck, but in the end, we had to call a tow truck service.  The kids and I watched Studio C clips and then went to bed after Dan got home safe and sound!  Dan and I then watched "Wanda Vision."

Saturday after breakfast, McKenna and I left so I could take her to Aladdin rehearsal.  I then stopped by the house to get a few things we forgot, and went to Farmington Station to spend a Bath and Body Works gift card I got for Christmas.  I went back to the school parking lot and listened to "Don't Miss This" on my phone and tried to take a quick nap.  I went into the school and watched the last 20mins of rehearsal then drove back to Mantua by 3pm.  Dan had taken the kids on an outing to the frozen over Mantua Reservoir and Alice's leg fell in an ice fishing hole and she was so sad to be cold and wet.  We chilled, snuggled kids, took naps, and Ben and McKenna played Among Us.  We did baths and had our pizza dinner. Then we watched "War with Grandpa" which was pretty cute.  After kids were in bed, Dan and I went on a quick dessert date night into Brigham City where we got treats from Peach City and sat and ate them in the temple parking lot.  Back at Mantua, I worked on a grocery order and finished "Don't Miss This" while Dan watched Star Wars stuff.  

Sunday we streamed and watched church from Mantua, then Dan passed us the Sacrament.  Our Primary lesson was my virtual singing time video about "Family History."  We also participated in the Sunday School over Zoom.  Anna lost another tooth!  After lunch the girls played, Ben did his diamond painting, and I cleaned the kitchen some.  I had my family conference call and finished watching "The Other Side of Heaven" with McKenna.  Alice fell asleep on the front rocking chairs which did not look comfortable.  We were supposed to have dessert and hang out with our friends, the Coys, who live up in Mantua now, but some of their family got sick.  :(  Instead, we finished watching "Hook" and played Skyjo.  After kids were in bed, Dan watched more Star Wars and then we talked for a while.  

Monday was Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and the kids had no school.  I exercised using a youtube video while Dan played video games with Ben.  We did laundry and some cleaning then we drove around to see an ice sculpture, the cemetery, and the White family home.  We went back to the house to finish packing and cleaning and then went bowling in Brigham City where Alice ended up winning with a score of 113!  Ben and Dan tied at 112.  :)  My arm/elbow hurt so I had to bowl mostly granny style.  We picked up groceries on the way home and came home to a fresh blanket of snow.  After dinner we played "Among Us" in real life.  Later, I helped McKenna study for the spelling bee.  

Tuesday became my laundry day.  Homework was a little frustrating due to slow computers.  Ben went to Henry's and Anna went to Ellie's. Lyla came here to play.  We later ended up with Tanner, Cooper, and Rai here playing RC cars with Ben and Henry.  It had been a long time since we had so many kids over and I loved it.  They were all masked, but I'm so ready for Covid to be done so we can fill our home with friends and family safely!  The kids also played "Among Us" in real life.  After dinner we played games as a family, and after kids went to bed Dan watched more Star Wars stuff and I worked on Blurb.  

Wednesday was Inauguration Day!  Even with large security threats, everything went smoothly and I felt such relief knowing Donald Trump is out of office!  Also, the Bernie Sanders memes were so funny for several days following the event (he showed up to Dan's work Zoom call ;)).  I volunteered in Bethany's class.  The kids had piano and I took McKenna and Lyla to rehearsal.  I ran a few errands on the way home.  Grace came over to play.  *Bethany started feeling a little sick with a runny nose and deeper voice.  We did baths after dinner and Dan had a later work meeting.

Thursday Bethany stayed home with a cold and was a distance learner.  We had a normal day with school and homework for everyone else.  I tried frying some zucchini in the air fryer and it turned out delicious.  I called Jonathan and Bethany had music over Zoom.  Anna had dance and Ben had rehearsal.  After dinner, McKenna had YW and they did a "trash bag" fashion show.  Dan had a YM planning meeting here so I hung out in the basement.  


No comments: