Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Deer Valentine

It's a play on words. Get it? :)

Our new house is a little further up hill, more into the "bench" area of Bountiful, UT. Therefore, we see WAY more deer than we did at our condo. This particular day, I had just gotten McKenna up from her nap and we heard a car honking long and loud. I pulled up her blinds and we saw this "herd" across the street. It makes me nervous to plant anything in the flower beds this Spring. Who knows what they'll eat and what they won't?


Our Valentine's day was much like any other day. Shocking, I know. The Saturday before, my sister Mickelle, babysat McKenna and me, Dan, and our wee boy babe went out to dinner (where Ben proceeded to blow out) and then grocery shopping. So romantic! :) Dan also bought me these beautiful daffodils and some sparkling grape juice to share over some wonderful conversation.

6 comments:

ME Moon said...

if you plant xeriscape/native/drought tolerant plants, the deer will leave them alone. you can plant a few other "succulents" (the deer think so at least) like tulips etc if you have a larger percentage of "deer resistant" plants. also, put out blood/bone meal and it scares the deer off. still a battle though to keep them away. last year my red tulips were the first ones up and the only ones the deer ate. apparently they like red?

Butler Family said...

you really look so beautiful and what a great and gorgeous family you have

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Is that 6 Deer?!?! Wow! Thats a lot! Valentine's day tends to be much like most other days, but I am glad you and Dan got to go grocery shopping... So romantic ;)

hillary and britton said...

plant daffodils---they don't like them. Unfortunately tulips are like fudge popsicles to deer

Sislers said...

Hey it works...I get stoked when Greg will even go grocery shopping at all. :)

Kellie said...

how fun to see deer in your yard! i know my mother in law covers her tulips with a mesh net every night so they don't eat them. ben is darling!