Thursday, November 1, 2012

VA Trip- Part 2, Saturday Day

My kids have never been to the Atlantic Ocean, so this was our chance.  We headed out to VA Beach and the weather was PERFECT!  Low to mid 80s with a nice breeze.  Silly me, thought that since it was October we wouldn't need sunblock.  Oops!  Benny was the only one who got a little pink on the cheeks.  You'll see in the pictures below it's because he's such a white boy.  
 Chillin'
 Ben wasn't a huge fan of the sand or dipping his toes in the water.  But he still had an ok time.  
 Thanks to the Dudleys, we had great beach toys for digging and attempted castle building.  
 McKenna loved collecting lots of shells too.  


 Look at my manly men with their shirts off.  

 See what I mean about Ben being a whitey.  He kind of blends in with the sand.  :) 
After the beach, we went to visit one my dear high school friends Stephanie.  She was so sweet to make us a kid-friendly lunch and provide as many toys as she could.  She also gave us a cool bowl her M-I-L made and a great pair of jeans that fit me perfectly but are a little too short for her. :)  It was fun to catch up and look at her beautiful wedding and honeymoon pictures and get to know her husband, Jordan.  I was so glad to be able to see her since she wasn't able to attend the actual reunion that night.   
That's my girl with my girl. ;) 

4 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Yay for Stephers! So glad you guys could visit :)

Alyson said...

Looks like a great trip. I'm so glad you were able to go "home"! I have a few places I yearn after that I really want to visit again, so I can imagine how great this was.

Becca said...

You guys had so much fun!! I love looking at this pictures and hearing about all the fun things you did!

Steph said...

ah! what a great visit, we loved having you all!! i will pose my pics soon, but they are pretty much identical to yours ;) xoxo