Tuesday, November 13, 2012

VA Trip- Part 4, Sunday

Sunday morning my graduating class had a picnic brunch at Locks Park which unfortunately was VERY cold and rainy.  Total opposite of our beach day the day before.  After seeing a few more people that I didn't see the night before at the reunion, I decided it was a good time to drive around and show Dan my old house, neighborhood, school, church, and some of my old friends' houses too.  I was pretty darn proud of myself remembering how to get around so well! :)  

Here's my old house!  The blue garage doors and shutters look a little darker than I recall.  But the rust stains on the driveway have been there as long as I can remember.    
I didn't take picture of everything else because they all looked pretty much the same as ten years ago.  McKenna was so bored with all the driving that she randomly started spitting bubbles down her chin.  Ben was thankfully napping most of the time. 
Then we headed back to the Dudley's house, packed up, and then went to lunch at the Robertson's house.  The Robertsons lived next door to us until my senior year when they moved to a new house in the back of our same neighborhood.  AND, one of the Dudley boys married the oldest Robertson girl!  BONUS!  We got to visit with parts of TWO of my favorite VA families!  :)  
Fabriena used to collect Beanie Babies and the kids had a blast playing with them; aka, being buried in them, getting them dumped on them, getting them stuffed up their shirts (thanks Rob), and trying to scare mom with the spider beanie baby.  :)


 I just love this family!  I carpooled to early morning seminary and high school with their oldest daughter Miranda for my junior and senior years.  One of their daughters lives in Idaho and the other was napping somewhere else.  

 After visiting the Robertsons we headed straight for the airport to fly to Alabama to visit my sister and her family!   
Here's the kids enjoying a train ride at one of the airports (probably Atlanta).  
More on the Alabama visit next! 

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Man, looking at that picture of Rob makes me want to get together with all our friends again.... Sigh.

Alyson said...

So fun! I'm glad Dan got to see it all, I hope you can do it again when your kids are older—I think it's important for kids to understand where their parents each came from.