Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Nov. '18- Weeks 3- Ben's China Day, Alice Ritz Cracker, Kids No School, Bethany Preschool Thanksgiving, Alice Laughing Video, Christine Visit,

Friday Melissa Roth watched Bethany and Alice while I volunteered at Ben's class China Day.  I helped with the station with the red envelopes and we had a yummy lunch!  After school, Dan took Bethany to Lowe's and I took Ben to the Prelude to Christmas youth choir practice.  I thought Dan was home, though he wasn't, so McKenna unintentionally babysat Alice a little while we were both gone.  That night we enjoyed time together and watched "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving." 

Saturday I had a singing practice with some YW for a song they would sing at YW In Excellence.  Anna went to Hilton Smith's birthday party.  We watched the Utah football game and went through Ben's clothes.  We borrowed an elliptical from the Alexander's and put it in the patio room.  I made cookies that afternoon and Dan went and visited Bro. Twitchell whose health was not doing well.  After kids were in bed, I went to the Alexander's for a game night and Dan stayed home.  

Sunday we had a family fast for Wendy Maxfield.  Ben gave an Article of Faith in Primary.  Sunday School was about the signs of the Second Coming.  YW was about the Word of Wisdom.  We watched "Narnia" after church.  The kids made birthday cards for my brother, Jonathan.  We had Webster family dinner that night and I went to Prelude choir even though my voice was still NOT 100%.  I got a picture of the girls playing with sleeping Mickelle and she didn't budge.  And Alice's first Ritz cracker.  She loved it! 
Monday started our week with the kids having NO school for Thanksgiving break!  We had some Lego drama in the morning.  Then we went shopping at Old Navy for some new school pants for the girls.  We had Keva Juice and Great Harvest for lunch.  We played at 5 Points Park for a bit but it was quite cold!  We went through kids' school papers.  We had an FHE that evening about being thankful and put leaves on our Thankful tree.  

Tuesday I went to the temple and did 3 names in Initiatory.  I also did 20 mins on the elliptical.  The kids played school and Legos.  Bethany still had preschool that day and the big kids worked on writing their Christmas lists.  After picking up Beth from preschool she quickly fell asleep in the car and continued sleeping on me when we got home.  I totally didn't mind it! The things she is thankful for are "my food, my baby, and my mom and dad."  We watched some "Studio C" before bed.  
Cute laughing video of Alice.  
Wednesday I slept in till 8:30!  It was so nice but the kids were beastly by the time they had breakfast.  Alice woke up with one arm out of her jammies.  Paisley and Eli Forbes came over to play.  The girls colored and the boys played Pokemon.  I spent a lot of time getting caught up on my Book of Mormon reading.  After lunch the kids all went up to Alexander's.  Dan came home early and started hanging Christmas lights.  I trimmed back the rose bush.  After dinner, we had a nice visit from one of my good friends from Virginia, Christine (Platz) Knapp.  She and I became good friends in 6th grade and stayed friends through high school!  She was in town visiting her brother who now works for a refinery out here.  It was so good to see her and meet her sweet baby boy, Alex.  Her visit brightened my day and it was so fun to talk motherhood with her!  Alice had her first bath that night in the big tub! 

No comments: