Thursday, June 2, 2022

Dec. 2021- Week 2- Alice's Dance Demo, Snow, McK's Band Concert, Chitty's Wedding, McK Gingerbread House, Ben in Frozen, Piano Recital, Anna Gymnastics, Sunday Supper,

 Dec. 8th- Wednesday: We had a normal morning, but I had no voice lesson because I was still sick. I worked on the computer ordering Christmas gifts for Dan. Alice had preschool. Dan came home early, and while Ben and Anna were at piano, we took Boof to watch Alice’s dance performance. Ben went to Henry’s. Anna had gymnastics and Bethany had music. I ran errands to Five Below and Smith’s, then picked up the girls.  After dinner, McKenna had rehearsal. Ben got a hair trim.

Dec. 9th- Thursday: We got rain that turned to snow! Dan took McKenna early for band practice. After kids left, I exercised and ran 1 mile. After eating, I did a grocery order. After lunch, I read with Alice then napped. Thankfully, the roads were not bad while I drove carpool. I took Ben for a Covid test due to sore throat and headache. Thankfully, it was negative so he went to rehearsal. The little girls played in the snow. McKenna had piano, then we went to her band concert! We had fun chatting with neighbors (Alexanders, Hamblins, Holdstocks, Moultons). Ben got home from rehearsal at the same time as us. He still had a headache. :( He ate food and took some medicine. After kids were in bed, we worked on Christmas neighbor gift tags.

Dec. 10th- Friday: We got more snow! After everyone left late, I walked and watched the news. I had a JA zoom meeting for volunteers and prepped neighbor gifts while I listened. I went to Ladies lunch. Had a lovely conversation with Linda Lemon and Becky Paulson about our goals. Then I went and got some blood work done for my Thyroid. That evening, Dan and I went to Chitty’s wedding! McKenna and Mickelle babysat. Then McKenna left for Megan Hunter’s house where they made gingerbread houses and did a white elephant gift exchange and movie. Dan and I sat with John Leavitt, the Blasers, and the Spencers at the wedding and dinner afterwards. There was Filipino food which was delicious!

Dec. 11th- Saturday: After breakfast, Sayge and Aspen came over to play with Anna. Ben and Dan went to Gma and Gpa’s house to clean off the trailer. I did dishes and started laundry. Alice watched a show. Ben ate lunch, and when I took him to call time for his show, I picked up groceries and did Amazon returns at Kohl’s. We all went to Ben’s play. He did so awesome!  Then I ran Anna to her gymnastics show. It was quick, but I'm glad we could see her on ¾ of the events (no bars). Bethany went to Arlee's birthday party. After dinner, we went to the church for the kids' piano recital. Everyone did so great!

Dec. 12th- Sunday: At church, Dan did a little lesson with bread and goat cheese in Primary since we sang about that in the song "When Joseph Went to Bethlehem". I got to go to Relief Society for a special Christmas lesson. Sarah Moulton taught about compassion. Alice and the other Nursery kids came in to do a little Nativity and Alice was Mary!  After lunch, Dan left for a work event in American Fork. It was called “Sunday Supper” where football players and coaches from both the U and the Y fed foster families. After the conference call, I worked on neighbor gifts and the kids did crafts. Before bed, we watched church YouTube Christmas videos. We called Dan's parents in Hawaii.

Dec. 13th- Monday: I cleaned up the laundry room and exercised. Dan went to the dermatologist and got some precancerous spot frozen off. I caught up on Marco Polos. Alice had preschool. After school, Ben home with Nate to play. Lyla came home with McKenna and they practiced Into the Woods. We had Christmas pancakes for dinner. My parents and Davey and Mary came over to help give my dad a blessing before his heart procedure. Dan went to Jake’s to borrow his truck and hot tub. I looked up class party ideas. 


Dec. 14th- Tuesday: I went to the gym for the power tone class then ran an errand to Smith’s. I spent some time texting about primary and class parties. I picked up Hazel from preschool. Ben went to Caleb’s BD party at Altitude Trampoline Park. Bethany had dance and Hazel left. After dinner Anna had a primary activity (an obstacle course). McKenna went to YW which was a favorite things gift exchange. That night, the rain turned to heavy snow!  Dan worked way late in Ogden preparing for the airmen gift delivery tomorrow. Jonathan flew in. *Dad’s Heart valve surgery went well! Mom had to drive in snow to airport. Mickelle drove to Layton before snow hit. 


December Part 2 Videos: Piano recital, Anna Gymnastics demonstration.


No comments: