Sunday, March 12, 2023

April 2022- Week 1- Ben's Shakespeare Play, General Conference, Spring Break, Layton, Jazz Game, Capitol Blossoms

April 1- Friday: We had a normal morning. Then Alice and I went to ladies lunch at the church, then straight to North campus to see Ben’s class perform their Shakespeare play. Ben was Marc Antony in the adapted play, Julius Cesar. We checked out Ben, Luke, and Caleb early from school and went back to our house and they hung out while I napped. Once the girls got home, we all went to West Bountiful Park. Desi and McKayla came with us too. Chelsea, Meghan, and Kylee Behunin (with her brand new baby) were also there. Once we got home, McKenna babysat while Dan and I went on a date to Chick Fil A and to Walmart and Target.  When we got home we put the kids to bed and McKenna and Bridget went to hang out with friends from track at Audrey’s house. Dan and I watched “The Adam Project.” 

April 2- Saturday: Dan and I went walking at 8:15. We made General Conference French toast, then we watched the first session. I put together 15 bags again with activities or snacks in them for each member of the 12 and First Presidency. Dan took McKenna to silks and voice, then took down Christmas lights outside. I showered and the kids played outside. Desi came over too. We had lunch then watched the second session. Dan gave himself a haircut, and McKenna and I left for dinner at Kneader’s, then went to the women’s session.  We had 2nd row seats right in front of the pulpit!  Dan went to Grandma and Grandpa’s house with the other 4 kids. McKenna hung out at Grandma and Grandpa’s for a bit afterwards too. After kids were in bed, Dan worked on ministering stuff. 

April 3rd- Sunday: Dan, McKenna, Ben, Anna, and I attended the morning session of General Conference while my parents babysat. We carpooled with the Stewarts and got there early enough that we went to the top floor to see the Salt Lake City Temple artifacts and the busts of the prophets. We enjoyed Music and the Spoken Word and then the talks! This was Anna’s first General Conference in person and she did great! Once we got home, I had a Zoom meeting for the Passover dinner. We had our muffin tin snack lunch, then we watched the last session. We cleaned up, packed up, and headed to my parents’ house. We had dinner then watched Sing 2 while Dan and Ben played video games. We slept over at my parents'.

April 4th- Monday: After breakfast, the kids played the Switch while Dan worked, then we crafted. We mod podged Styrofoam eggs with pretty floral napkins. Anna made a crate paper tree and bush and Alice did stamps, then we rode scooters around outside.  We had lunch then I napped. McKenna watched a movie and Dan, Mickelle, and Grandpa continued to work. Both Alice and Bethany did so much better with Sadie as well! I played the piano with Ben some. Grandma tried to make elephant toothpaste with Ben but it didn't work so well. They also made square bubbles. Bethany started not feeling good. I snuggled her and she napped on me for a bit. We had rice a roni for dinner, then we finished watching Prince of Egypt. Because Bethany wasn’t feeling good, we decided to pack up and come home. After kids were in bed, Dan and I had computer time and watched a little TV. 

April 5th- Tuesday: McKenna and I ran on the treadmills. The kids ate and Dan left for his meeting with BonCom. Bethany ate but then didn’t feel well. She ended up throwing up twice. :( I started laundry, and went through some school papers while Ben and Anna did their checklist. McKenna went to Jojo’s to practice band with her and Bridget. Bethany watched lots of Octonauts. I had to cancel two play dates for her. I showered, we ate lunch, and Ben went to Taggart’s while McKenna went to Megan Hunter’s. I practiced voice and then napped and did a little blogging. Alice went to Rafaela’s birthday party at Kangaroo Zoo. Dan picked up Ben and McKenna, then Dan and I left for the Jazz game. We had dinner before at MOD pizza. We went with Dan’s parents, Brynn and Brian, Adam, Swa, Ellie, and Whitney.  The Jazz won in overtime!  McKenna did well babysitting dealing with a defiant Alice. 

April 6th- Wednesday: Dan had a hard time sleeping and got up super early. I had an eye appointment early in the morning. They said my eye sight has improved and things are still healing and looking good. McK, Ben, and Anna had piano. I had my voice lesson and felt good about my audition song for “Joseph.” We had lunch, then I took Bethany and Anna to Zoe and Mack’s house. I came home and worked on the computer some and napped. McKenna said her stomach kind of felt bleh all day. Dan had a lot of work meetings. After I picked up Bethany and Anna, I took them to the store for a few things and they begged to ride in the car cart, which they managed to squish into. The kids played outside a bit, then we ate. Dan went to the church to print ministering assignments. After kids were in bed, I blogged and Dan watched “Suits.” Tina Peterson stopped by to get the Latke mixes. 

April 7th- Thursday: I ran with McKenna on the treadmills. Ben and Anna went to Orem for work with Dan to help stuff Easter eggs. After breakfast and a shower, I took McKenna to get a hair trim. We had lunch, then the Johnson kids came over because Meghan was having a medical procedure done. I worked on a grocery order in the basement while the kids played.  I started chopping veggies for dinner. Ben had baseball practice. The kids played outside. Anna’s friend Sayge came over. Lia also came over. They took pictures for a flier for a silks camp they were going to have this Summer. We had taco salad for dinner and took some over to the Johnson’s then we left to see the blossoms at the Capitol and got treats at Ugurt after. We took lots of pictures and had the best photo bomber! The Johnson kids went home and Lia stayed till 10. I worked on packing and Dan did computer stuff. I also got caught up on Marco Polos. 



April Part 1 Videos: 
Ben’s 5th Grade Shakespeare Day, Spring Break playing in Layton with Grandma Kelly

No comments: