Sunday, March 12, 2023

April 2022- Week 3- Tabernacle Tour, McKenna's Voice Recital, Easter, Bethany's Dance Demo, McKenna's First Track Meet

April 15th- Friday: After the kids left for school, I got dressed, then ate with Alice. She stayed home with Dan while I went to tour the Ancient Tabernacle replica with Tina Peterson. I was there for 2 hours listening to her explain all the symbolism! I came home and napped while Alice watched shows. We had lunch and I Marco Poloed. Dan volunteered as a host at the Tabernacle and directed people where to go and got home around 2:45. We snuggled and talked till kids got home from school then we went to the Tabernacle as a family. We were a little rushed because we had to get McKenna to her voice recital call time. We had McDonald’s in the car then went to her recital. My parents came too. She sang "I Have Confidence" from Sound of Music. We got ice cream after and McKenna and I made a quick run into Target for a return and buying a BD gift for a friend. The kids went to bed once we got home. Dan and I watched things with the older kids. I finished the grocery order.

April 16th- Saturday: We slept in till 8:30 then our Easter bunny came!  The kids liked their little toys. We had our regular breakfast, then we dyed Easter eggs. I did laundry and dishes and practiced singing with McKenna, then she went to silks and voice. Dan worked on his bike and went for a ride with Anna. I went out and weeded. Ben played with Henry. After lunch, I folded laundry, Dan picked up McKenna, and took Anna to the store for a gift for Sakura. I worked on making funeral potatoes for Sunday and Anna left for Sakura’s party. I napped a little. Bethany and Alice played together.  Dan watched a movie with McKenna. Dan and I left for a dinner date to Firehouse subs. McKenna played Barbies with Bethany. McKenna left for Halle’s party. The little girls had baths and I braided and curled hair to be ready for Sunday. After kids were in bed, Dan watched a show with Ben, and I blogged and worked on my own music theater resume. We got lots of rain!! 

April 17th- Easter Sunday: We were early to church so McKenna and I could practice with Rachael. We had a lovely Easter Sacrament meeting and our song, Gethsemane, went well!  Jordan Jensen’s talk about addiction was very tender as well. Once we got home, my parents spent the afternoon with us. We watched our videos and napped. We prepped dinner and did an Easter lesson. We chatted with Jonathan and Emily a bit. Mickelle came over later as well. After we ate, Dan played with the kids outside. The kids went to bed, and Dan and I talked with my parents a little. It was a lovely and relaxing Easter remembering our Savior and His atoning sacrifice. 

April 18th- Monday: I started laundry once the kids left for school. Alice had preschool after lunch and I worked on my 'to do' list and napped. I drove carpool and then kids played outside while the weather was beautiful! I sorted laundry and picked up Ben from HP club. We had bunny pancakes for dinner and then went to the Old Testament Tabernacle again, but this time, with my parents. We got courtesy cones after.

April 19th- Tuesday:We had a normal morning. Dan came home early to be with Alice. I went to the school for Anna's Seussical cast party. The kids played on the playground, had pizza, played partner tag, and played the balloon stomp game. I kept the music going. They got cotton candy at the end as well. Bethany had dance. Dan and I went to the last 15mins of her class for a demonstration. We had leftovers for dinner. After kids were in bed, I blogged a little and Dan had a phone call with Maryanne about getting back into therapy. 

April 20th- Wednesday: After breakfast, I took McKenna in early for her Madrigals audition with Ms. Larsen. I had a brief chat with our yard people. Then I finished getting ready for the day. Alice went to the Moulton’s and I went to my voice lesson. Alice had preschool. The kids had early out. Ben and Anna went to piano while Bethany did homework. I did some pictures collages. Dan picked up Ben then left for McKenna’s track meet. I took Anna and Desi to gymnastics, then Bethany to Let’s Play Music for the last time. I picked up Alice who had been playing at Kaysen’s house. I put dinner in the oven and gave the two little girls a bath. We ate, and everyone started coming home. Dan brought Anna home, Ben had baseball practice and got a ride home from coach. I left for YW’s which was combined with the 5th and 6th ward. We played Disco ball which is a mixture of basketball and soccer. I chatted with McKenna once I got home. She ran a 7:15mile at her track meet! Dan gave Ben a haircut. Then Dan and I worked on my music theater resume.  *It was a VERY busy day!  

April 21st- Thursday: We had a normal morning. We went out to lunch with Dan at Apollo Burger. I worked on the computer for a bit and Alice watched shows. I drove carpool and then the kids worked on homework while Cooper and Emmy came over. McKenna went to Hokulia with Megan Hunter. McKenna had piano and I chatted with Meghan Johnson. We had leftovers for dinner and then watched "Relative Race." After kids were in bed, I looked at some Summer camps for the kids then Dan and I talked finances.

No comments: