Thursday, April 25, 2024

Feb. '23- Week 1- Jazz Game, McKenna's Choir National Anthem, Gymnastics Meet, Singing in Stake Conference, Alice making my bed, Love notes in lunches

Feb. 1- Wednesday: Dan donated, so I drove the kids to school. I also drove McKenna and friends, then went to the gym with Brynn. I watched Kaysen and Amelia for about and hour. We ate lunch and then took them to preschool and Jordan picked up Amelia. I showered then drove the kids to piano. I worked on phone calls, emails, and texts for the next hour or so. I picked the kids up from piano and went to the school book fair and then Parent Teacher conferences for Ben, Anna, and Bethany.  Our kids are such awesome students and we are so blessed!  My parents then babysat while Dan and I went to dinner and a Jazz game with Dan’s parents and the Winegars.  Bethany had dance and Ben and McKenna went to the combined youth activity which was a “Where’s Waldo” at City Creek.  We talked a little with my mom when we got home and then went to bed!  

Feb. 2- Thursday: I watched the news then ate and showered before my OBGYN appointment. I was quite nervous to have my IUD changed out, but it wasn’t as terrible as I thought it was going to be. I listened to my book. I had lunch and then went to Jungle Book rehearsal at 12:30 since they only had a half day. Anna and I got home around 2:20. She ate, I worked on a grocery order and napped a little. McKenna got home. We talked some, then we figured out the evening with the Utes basketball game (who was going and what time to leave). I curled McKenna’s hair, then made a little dinner for those who were leaving. McKenna's Madrigals choir sang the National Anthem at the Utes Basketball game! Alice and I stayed home and ate together, cleaned a little, then we played two games and watched The Sound of Music!  Everyone else got home around 8:40 and were in bed by 9:30. I worked more on the grocery order and Dan watched a show. 

Feb. 3- Friday: I subbed a half day for Mrs. Alexander in 1st grade. Ben went home with Luke Voehl and Grant Enquist. I ate and napped a tiny bit, then took McKenna for another stomach appt at Primary Children’s. It was helpful and they gave us some new things to try. We picked up meds for Sadie, then picked up tacos for dinner. We ate and then took our kids plus 4 friends to the Utes gymnastics meet! The Utes won!  We also got to see Olympian, Jordan Chiles, who was competing for UCLA. We got the kids to bed and Lyla stayed to hang out more with McKenna. Dan and I finished "Knives Out: The Glass Onion."

 

Feb. 4th- Saturday: After breakfast, we cleaned up the kitchen and Ben vacuumed the family room. I showered and then took the girls to the Dollar Store and 5 Below. We were mostly shopping for Valentine cards and candies. Dan took Ben to the bank and then to basketball practice. He also picked up groceries. We all got home for lunch. I worked on sweeping the garage and cleaning out the van. Dan gave Ben a haircut. Dan, Ben and I went to the leadership session of Stake Conference. Lia came over to hang out with McKenna. We ate dinner, Dan gave Alice a bath, and I finished cleaning out the van. Dan and I then left for the adult session of stake conference. McKenna went to Megan’s to hang out with her and Adrie. We came back to our house after the adult session and ate Nielsen’s and talked with Dan's parents, the Stewarts, and the Winegars! 


Feb. 5th- Sunday: We got ready and went to the Regional Center by 9:15 to practice our song. We were able to run through it 3 times and Tandi Lefler was there to help us with sound and staging a bit. I'm very thankful for that. Stake Conference was wonderful as always! I loved hearing so many people talk about “overcoming the world.” Our song went very well and I got many kind texts from friends and neighbors! We had lunch and I prepped dinner in the crock pot. We watched our videos and then went our separate ways for a bit. I napped a little and had my conference call. Dan played games with the kids. We watched Relative Race then had dinner and watched another episode. After the three girls were in bed, we prepped dinner for the next night and Ben worked on his robot. 

Feb. 6th- Monday: We woke up to snow. I subbed for Ms. Amber the kindergarten instructor and found out she resigned. I was excited to sub though, because it was the 100th day of school and I love the fun activities they do then!  When we got home, I took Bethany and Alice to Sayge’s for her playgroup. They both sounded like they were coming down with a cold though. I worked on youth conference food committee stuff. Adrie came over to plan stuff with McKenna for their friends' Galentine's party. We fed her dinner. We folded laundry and my dad stopped by to get Sadie’s meds. We put the kids to bed and I worked on Youth Conf. food more. 


Feb. 7th- Tuesday: Bethany stayed home sick with a cold. I did light exercise. I took both girls to my voice lesson. Then we got gas at Costco and signed papers at the bank. We had lunch, then I worked on some texts, washed my bathroom mats, and napped a tiny bit. I went to Jungle Book rehearsal. I made dinner once I got home. Anna went to gymnastics. We all ate. Dan has a meeting at the West Building. I picked up Anna and we watched the second half of Jungle Book.  I put the girls to bed and then took Ben to his Jr. Jazz game. Dan joined at halftime. We got home and worked on setting temple appointments and having phone time. *Alice has been making my bed a lot for me. When I asked her to pose in front of my bed, this is what she gave me. Also, the kids have been trying to keep things interesting by packing each other's lunches. They are also writing each other cute love notes!





No comments: