Thursday, April 25, 2024

March '23- Week 1- Foot Bruise, Youth Human Foosball, Alice's 5th Birthday!, BYU/Provo, Lego Scripture scene, FHE with Pugsleys, Lola Mila Dance Comp,

March 1st- Wednesday: after the kids left, I watched the news and ate. Alice and I went to the gym with Brynn. We went to Walmart to buy stuff for Alice's birthday party. I had to take pictures of things she wanted but we didn't buy. Alice ate lunch in the car and I took her straight to preschool. I had lunch and started dinner in the crock pot.  Once the kids got home and went to piano, I showered. The kids played in the snow some and I tried to nap. I had a scratchy throat, so sleeping was difficult. McKenna had her solo and ensemble audition. Anna had activity days which was cleaning the toys in the nursery.  We ate dinner and Bethany had hip hop. Ben and McKenna and I went to YM/YW, which was combined and we played human Foosball. I sat out because of the bruise on my foot from Janet Thomas falling on it.

Mar. 2nd- Thursday: I subbed a half day in kindergarten. My voice/throat was pretty scratchy. Dan took Alice to the Pugsley’s and then he had a dentist appt. I picked Alice up from there and then we had lunch together. We did Alice's music homework and then I napped and she watched shows. My throat, once again, kept me from sleeping well. I signed McKenna up for track and then researched stuff to do at BYU/Provo. I drove carpool, then headed back to school for Jungle Book rehearsal.  Thankfully, everyone seemed more confident and improved from Tuesday. Ben had crochet club and then came to rehearsal and went home with Luke Voehl. I drove Annie home from rehearsal and picked Ben up from Luke's. McKenna had piano and I didn’t connect that Bethany and Alice would be home alone for a bit while I was driving around everyone. I also got Ben’s church basketball time wrong. Oops!  We had dinner and THEN Ben went to basketball. McKenna helped me by making the scavenger hunt for Alice’s birthday party. I cleaned up dinner then bought Jungle Book tickets. The three girls went to bed. I worked on a grocery order while Ben, McKenna, and Dan worked on decorating for Alice’s party. Dan also had a work event (foster dad support group). 

Mar. 3rd- Friday- Alice’s 5th birthday!  Alice called streamers “stribbons” all day. She woke up just before the kids left and was happy with all her decorations!  I exercised and then we ate. Dan helped drive Ben and other 6th graders to the Front Runner station for their Planetarium field trip. Then he came home for a bit. I got ready for the day and got Alice ready for her preschool birthday spotlight. We had lunch, then I stayed for the first 5 mins of her class for her spotlight. She showed a bag full of her favorite things! I came home and napped some. When Dan, Ben, and Alice got home, we did final preparations for Alice’s party. She invited 10 preschool friends, but only 5 could come. We played Cranium: Hullabaloo, did a scavenger hunt made by McKenna, hit the piƱata, let the kids have free play, then we opened presents and had cake. The kids played hide and seek too! Adrianna had to come late, and her mom stayed the whole time. After they all left, Alice opened the presents from their packages, then we left for dinner at Chick Fil a. We got ice cream at McDonald’s after that, and the kids loved both play places! We got the girls to bed and moved our scrapbooks and photo albums to the office. McKenna hung out at Meghan Hunter’s. 

Alice’s 5th Birthday Interview 3/7/2023


What is your favorite color? Rainbow

What is your favorite toy? Spiderman Bop-it

What is your favorite fruit? Apples

What is your favorite TV Show? Spiderman

What is your favorite movie? Frozen 2

What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Fruit cup, Graham crackers, and meat stick

What is your favorite outfit to wear? Gray Under Armor sweat suit

What is your favorite game to play? Pretty Pretty Princess

What is your favorite snack? Fruit Snacks 

What is your favorite animal? Chickens 

What is your favorite song? I Ain’t Worried (by One Republic) 

What is your favorite book? Muncha, Muncha, Muncha

Who is your best friend? Kaysen and Philip and Parley 

What is your favorite cereal? Tootie Fruties 

What is your favorite thing to do outside?  Ride bike and jump on trampoline 

What is your favorite thing to drink?  Lemonade 

What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Easter Halloween 

What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Kitty and Dolly

What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?  Yogurt, Bananas

What do you want to have for dinner?  Spaghetti 

What do you want to be when you grow up?  Teacher

What is your favorite thing to do with our family?  Go sledding! 

What is your favorite thing to do in school?  I like to be the star student and line leader 


Mar. 4th- Saturday: We had a nice sleep-in morning. Claire came over to hang out with Anna at 10:30. McKenna did laundry. I showered. We had lunch and then headed to Provo! We first went to the Bean Life Science Museum, then the Creamery and had ice cream. We went to the Bookstore, the library, and the MOA as well. We could have spent longer on campus, but we had a dinner appointment at my roommate Hillary’s house! It was so good to see her and her cute family! Many of us got to snuggle her baby Tess. We played and talked, and then we left to go to Dan’s co-worker's son’s wedding reception. Once we got home, McKenna went to a friend’s house and we got the other kids to bed. Dan gave himself a haircut. *It was such a fun day for me and also crazy to see how much BYU has changed since 2006 when I graduated. Dan was pretty cute telling the kids stories from our EFY time and when he started to like me. :)

Mar. 5th- Sunday: Dan attended the BW ward. Ben had a presidency meeting before church. McKenna ushered. Ben bore his testimony about how even if we forget it’s Fast Sunday and swallow a little water, God is forgiving and gives us a second chance. :) After church, Alice seemed like she had a fever, but no temperature was measured. The three girls ate lunch and I had my conf call. Ben built a scripture scene out of Legos, the man with the palsy being lowered into the room through the roof to see Jesus. Dan napped and got his new phone working. After dinner, we watched Relative Race. I had singing practice and then worked on emails once I got home. Dan and Ben had a Lego competition on their own in the basement.

Mar. 6th- Monday: I exercised after the kids left. Dan cleared snow. Alice had music and I showered and listened to Don’t Miss This.  Alice and I had lunch and she had preschool. I napped and worked on the blog some. I drove carpool and the kids worked on reading and piano. I read with Ben some. I made breakfast casserole for dinner. The kids folded laundry and packed lunches. After we ate, we went to FHE and ice cream at Pugsley’s. We had a lot of fun!  **Besides the FHE, this is the most "typical" Monday! :)

Mar. 7th- Tuesday: I watched the news once kids left. Alice and I ate, she did Upstart, and we got dressed. I had a dentist appointment. Alice came with me and she played on my phone. We got home and cleaned up toys. I tried to nap some. Cooper and Emmy came over at lunch time. (Faye was babysitting them but she had tennis, so I needed to watch them for a bit.) We all ate, then Cooper left for kindergarten. Alice and Emmy played nicely!  I blogged in the basement while they played. Once McKenna, Ben, and Bethany got home, I left for Jungle Book rehearsal. I took Anna to gymnastics. Dan made dinner. We ate, then I took Ben, Anna, Bethany, and Alice to see Lola and Mila perform at a dance thing. Once we got home and put kids to bed, Dan packed for his overnighter in Roosevelt. 

March Part 1 Videos:
Alice’s Birthday, Anna rehearsals, Youth Fooseball, Provo- BYU MOA, Hanging with Hillary.


No comments: