Thursday, April 25, 2024

Feb. '23- Week 4- SNOW!, Parents and Pasteries at Preschool, Moab!, Gobblin Valley, Crazy Sunday, Ben's Last Jr. Jazz.

Feb. 22nd- Wednesday: We woke up to so much snow!  Probably 8 inches! McKenna had her regular late start. I worked on making banana bread then showered. The kids did piano and Ben worked on his school book project. I went to preschool with Alice for her Parents and Pateries party. Then I helped shovel a little. Dan used the snow blower and then needed a nap. I took off my gel nails and Ellie and Hazel came over to play. McKenna got home from school and I made cookies for our YW activity that night. I picked up Alice and worked on downloading “James and the Giant Peach.” We had leftovers for dinner. McKenna, Ben and I went to church for activities. Ben played basketball with the 5th ward boys. The YW had a cookie exchange. Bethany had hip hop and Adam brought her home and babysat the girls for a few. Dan had a meeting with the stake presidency about physical facilities stuff. The kids all had showers. 

Feb. 23rd- Thursday: We woke up around 7:30. We ate and packed up and left by 10:30 for Moab! We made it by 3pm with no troubles. It was windy and only snowed on us once. We checked out the office desk that needed to be moved for Dan’s work. We got settled at the hotel and watched some of our family YouTube videos. We went to dinner at a Diner and the food was great! We played “what’s missing?” and “20 Questions” while we waited for our food to come. We went swimming and hot tubbing when we got back to the hotel. The hot tub was way too hot though, so we didn’t last long. We warmed up and watched Studio C and then put the kids to bed. I worked on a grocery order. 

Feb. 24th- Friday: We woke up around 7:30/8. We ate with the kids and then showered and got ready for the day. We left around 10:40. I took the kids to a park and played for an hour and a half while Dan helped his coworker disassemble a desk and take it to a dumpster. McKenna did matching hair dos on her and Anna and Bethany. We grabbed our lunch food and ate in the car while we headed to Arches National Park!  Anna’s 4th grade pass got us in for free!  We walked around Balanced Rock first. We were nervous because it was pretty cold and windy at that point. Then we started the hike to Delicate Arch!  It went much faster than three years ago and still so awesome!  Alice insisted on being the leader the whole time and got mad at anyone of our family members who tried to pass her!  She actually set a pretty good pace for us.  It was quite snowy/slushy at the top, but we managed ok taking things nice and slow. Going down the slush was definitely harder, for me at least. We drove farther into the park and took some more pictures of Skyline Arch and we saw Double Arch from the road. The kids were all pretty tired by 5:30. We left the park and headed to an Asian food restaurant for dinner.  We went swimming again when we got back to the hotel. It was more crowded with people and the hot tub was a little less hot. The kids all went to bed by 10, and Dan and I had phone time. 

Feb. 25th- Saturday: We woke up around 8:30 and ate breakfast in the hotel room. We got ready for the day and packed up and left by 11. We drove to Goblin Valley and played and ran around for about an hour. The kids thought it was so fun! I was quite nervous about someone getting lost, but we mostly stuck together.  Alice tripped and fell a few times. One of the times I asked if she was ok, she responded with, “Never better!”  :) We ate dinner in Nephi, picked up groceries in Centerville, and then got home by about 8. The kids did showers and baths and Dan gave himself a haircut. We unpacked and did laundry as well. 

Feb. 26th- Sunday: Today was a crazy marathon day! Dan had meetings. We were all ready by 11:30 to take Ben and McKenna early for a presidency meeting and a temple recommend interview. We had a call up choir during Sacrament meeting.  When everyone was walking back to their seats, Janet Thomas accidentally fell! I stepped close to try to catch her and she ended up landing her elbow on my foot and I caught her head in my left hand and possibly hyperextended my elbow. Ouch! Dancyne gave a great lesson in YW about righteous judgments. Then our family helped give a Sacrament meeting at the Oakridge assisted living center. Alice and Bethany gave past primary talks and we sang “Because” again (the song we sang in Stake Conference). Rachael was nice enough to play for us. The Holdstock men helped administer the Sacrament.  Dan gave a talk about the path to our Savior. Dan had another meeting and I had a youth conference meeting. We went to a Webster family dinner to celebrate February birthdays. Brynn and I had a song practice for a stake RS meeting.  I got home to Ben playing the violin we borrowed from Dan’s parents. That was a nice surprise! I helped McKenna with her course request. 

Feb. 27th- Monday: I subbed a half day in Kindergarten. Dan took McKenna to her orthodontist appt and Alice to Let’s Play Music. I took Alice to preschool and then napped. I wrote our part of the Nelson News then drove carpool. I talked with McKenna and moved laundry and got the kids going on piano and homework. I also worked on the blog a little. We had baked mac and cheese for dinner. We watched Relative Race, then got the three girls to bed. I worked on an Instagram post and more blogging. Dan finished a movie. It was fun to look at our Arches pictures from 3 years ago.

Feb. 28th- Tuesday: I subbed another half day and Dan took Alice to work with him. I got to leave early because they did math as a whole class instead of groups. I listened to my book and picked up Alice from Dan’s work. We got home, she did Upstart, then we had lunch. We did her music homework, then I napped and went through pictures to start blogging December. McKenna got home and I left for Jungle Book rehearsal. Both casts were able to run through the whole show!  Anna had gymnastics. We ate, and Dan had a meeting with the EQ Pres of the Bridlewood Ward.  I went to Ben’s last Jr. Jazz game which was a sad one. They lost by a lot, but both grandparents were able to come!  McKenna put the girls to bed and did homework.  I helped her study when we got home. 



February Videos- Part 2:
Celebrity bball game, Ben at Get Air with cousins, Moab, Delicate Arch, Goblin Valley, Ben violin, Ben Jr. Jazz

No comments: