Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Oct. 2021- Week 2- Hosted Moultons and Pugsleys, Hosted Webster Family Dinner, Window Fixed, Alice Silly Faces

 Oct. 8th- Friday: I went walking with Rachael. Alice went with Dan to lunch with Jasper at Costco and some other errands.  I went to North campus to help with pizza Friday, then I went to ladies lunch at the church. Dan worked from home. I joined the school Builders meeting virtually and worked on a grocery order. After school, Leela and Brooklyn came to play. Dan worked on pulling up the tack strip and hammering down staples on the floor and I rearranged the family room book shelves. Korie came over to help McKenna babysit. Dan and I went to Texas Roadhouse with Winegars and Adam. Then we went to see the new James Bond movie and more of the Webster family met us there. 

Oct. 9th- Saturday: McKenna got ready to babysit at the Johnsons. We had breakfast with the kids then McKenna headed over. Dan and Anna went to the store and I worked on moving pictures to the hard drive. Dan worked more on the floor and I made three baked zitis for Webster dinner for Sunday. We had a later lunch and then started cleaning and prepping the house (including hiding toys).  Dan got a haircut. The Moultons and Pugsleys came over at 4:30. We had plans to hike earlier in the day, but rain and cold changed our plans. We made soft pretzels, ate soup, and made a paper plate skeleton craft, and just enjoyed hanging out. It was the best "hike" we had even been on. ;) Anna went to Mabel's BD party which was a 'pamper yourself' party. :) We did baths and bed time, then I worked on my primary lesson and Dan researched flights.


Oct. 10th- Sunday: Dan made breakfast for the three little girls, the rest of us fasted. McKenna ushered and we were on time for church. Alli Parker took this picture of Dan and I sitting together in Sacrament meeting for the first time in about 8 years (since being released from the Bishopric)! ;) I taught “The Spirit of God” in primary. McKenna stayed after for Bishop's Youth Council. Dan had a meeting with the Elders' Quorum for his new calling as ministering coordinator. The kids had Ramen for lunch then we prepped for hosting Webster family dinner. I went in my room and worked on the computer and watched “Don’t Miss This” and napped. Dan worked on his calling and napped. I had my family conference call and then we had a zoom conference recap with Grandfather, Wendy & the Nelsons. We hosted Webster family dinner to celebrate October birthdays. We had Grandpa and Emma via Zoom. Everyone left and kids were in bed by 9:30, we cleaned up a little and went to bed. Phew! What a fun weekend of hosting! We love this house!

Oct. 11th- Monday: After the kids left for school, I exercised and Alice watched shows. After breakfast, I started cleaning and doing laundry. I vacuumed, mopped, wiped off the counters and the chair pads... I kept going until I lost track of time and forgot Alice had preschool. She went late. Dan took her while I ate lunch. I took a nap then drove carpool. Ben had Harry Potter club. I helped Bethany with piano and Bridget came over to hang out with McKenna. She also had rehearsal. After dinner we packed lunches and folded laundry, then I went through Anna’s clothes. We put kids to bed and worked on Fall Break plans. Dan worked on ministering stuff.


Oct. 12th- Tuesday: I drove kids to school and there was a long train. I got home and ate quickly then went to the rec center for the power tone class. Alice and I for home around 10:30 and Colton was already working on the floors and our master bathroom window was also done being repaired!  Alice watched shows while I showered. We ate lunch, then went to the basement to read and I worked on my primary lesson. Dan came home and worked from home for the afternoon. **Anna's class had a party.... After the kids got home and started on homework, I helped Bethany go through her clothes. She had dance and we had stroganoff for dinner. Dan drove Ben to rehearsal. We ate and then McKenna and I went to a Relief Society/Young Women’s activity that was an artisan chocolate tasting led by Laura Lewis. Dan drove Jake and Abril to the airport. McKenna and I got home at 8:40 and tucked in Anna and Ben.  I worked on a grocery order and downloaded McKenna and Ben's Seussical show from Backstage. 

Oct. 13th- Wednesday: I walked on the treadmill and watched news while Alice watched shows. McKenna left for school. Colton came by 8:30 to finish the floor!  I ate breakfast and Alice was super whiny. She watched more shows while I showered and I gave her medicine. She came to my voice lesson with me and watched shows. I took her to get Covid tested afterwards and it was negative but still acting like she had a fever. We got home around 12:15 and she fell asleep on me and then the fever started. She woke up a little after one and I made us lunch but she fell back to sleep and didn't end up eating it. The kids got home from school and got donuts from Kelly Kump. Ben and Anna walked to piano. I helped Bethany with her music homework. I woke up Alice to put her in the car and she ate then while we picked up the kids from piano and took Anna to Zoe‘s house to play. After we got back home, the kids watched shows and Alice was OK for a little bit, but then she got a fever again and only wanted to snuggle. Dan picked up Anna from Zoe‘s house then came home to get McKenna and Alice and took McKenna to Backstage. We had pumpkin waffles for dinner. Then Dan did baths and I discussed with my parents and Mickelle about changing our weekend plans. :( I picked up McKenna then we put kids to bed. I worked on putting kids school papers in their binders and talked with Dan.

Oct. 14th- Thursday started our Fall Break. Dan still went to work. McKenna had piano. I helped Alice finish her breakfast, and thankfully, she had no fever. I picked up McKenna from piano and worked on emails and texts and groceries. Dan came home at lunch and worked on caulking the baseboards in office where the new flooring when in. I typed up the kids’ routines for our up coming trip. McKenna did homework. Anna and Bethany played great together. I napped and then tested the paint color Dan got. I sanded and cleaned up the caulking. After dinner, we watched Relative Race with popcorn. Alice fell asleep by 7pm. The kids went to bed and I painted the baseboards! It was a great cold and rainy day to spend inside and be productive! *I love Alice's silly selfies.

No comments: