Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Sept. 2021- Week 4- Bee's Game, Utah Game, Dan Released as Bishop, Webster Family Dinner, Salmon Run, Bethany Field Trip, Alice Field Trip

Sept. 22nd- Wednesday- Dan drove the kids early to school. I exercised and McKenna slept in. After she left for school, Alice went to the Moulton‘s and I went to my first voice lesson. My teacher, Jenni Hohl, is wonderful! She’s funny and fun and welcoming. I felt nervous but excited to get started. She’s going to help me with my breathing, vowels (singing Italian songs), and TV face.  She hugs goodbye and made me cry by saying things like “you’re a child of God, a sister in Zion…” she told me to get rid of the “mom guilt” because it was from Satan. I had lunch with Alice. She had “beach day” at preschool. I picked up the kids. Ben and Anna to piano. I helped Bethany finish her homework then took a nap.  I pick up a prescription and then picked up preschool kids.  McKenna went to Lyla’s.  I picked up piano kids. I helped Anna with her dog report.  Dan took Bethany to music. Ben played with Henry.  After dinner, McKenna went to rehearsal. The kids played outside. Ben and Henry went to their primary activity. After kids were in bed, I worked on the tiny picture books I was making for Christmas, and Dan watched a movie.


Sept. 23rd- Thursday: Was a normal morning. I had phone and computer time and worked on a grocery order and more on the Tiny Books. Dan caught a gopher in the yard and had work in Ogden. After lunch I worked on my primary lesson.  I drove carpool. Anna had dance. Ben had baseball practice. McKenna had piano. Dan picked up the girls. After dinner, I picked up Ben and took him to rehearsal. I Picked up groceries and then picked up Ben again. After kids were in bed, I cleaned up upstairs to prep for hosting lunch the next day. Dan had his final temple recommend interviews as Bishop. :(

Sept. 24- Friday: I went walking with Rachael. Dan mowed the lawn and I finish cleaning inside a little bit and made the soup.  Dan gave himself a haircut. I hosted a ministering sisters lunch with Nicole and Meghan.  Amanda had something come up last minute. Alice I had a hard time sharing with Cooper and Emmy, but it was still fun! Faye Wade came over to chat about babysitting the kids.  We gave her a tour of the house. The kids came home from school and Desi came to play with Anna. We went to Ben’s baseball game which they won by one point! We grabbed a quick dinner and headed to the Bees game in Salt Lake. Bethany loved how big the stadium was. I think she didn't remember much of life before Covid. We all got yummy treats. They lost but there were still fireworks at the end! 

Sept. 25th- Saturday: Dan and I went walking. After breakfast I picked up groceries with McKenna. Dan and I had a date with the Winegars to lunch at Fat Boy Phillies, then to the Utah football game. There were long lines for concessions at halftime, and we were very thankful for the shade the second half of the game. It was really beautiful weather and we won! We got home just before 5. We visited with my parents who babysat. Dan gave Ben a haircut and the kids baths while I finished my primary lesson. After dinner, the kids played with their light up balloons. We watched an episode of studio C and put kids to bed. Dan watched a show while I finished making the tiny book stocking stuffers.


Sept. 26th- Sunday: We made it early to church to take a family picture and set up primary. Our ward got a new bishopric! Dave Moulton, James Gates, and Will Chadwick.  We did a Fall Leaves singing time about three topics. After church, Dan was home at 12! After lunch, we took a celebratory nap! Dan helped visit Shaan Bartschi and deliver brownies with McKenna’s SS class. I did my family conf. call. We had Webster family pizza dinner at Sam and Lara’s. We cooked the pizzas in the Oonis we all got for Christmas. We had great weather and ate outside. The kids had a blast as always playing with cousins. Look how our family has changed in the last 5 years Dan has been Bishop.

Sept. 27th- Monday: After Dan got home from taking kids to school, he surprised me with an adventure! We drove to Porcupine Reservoir to see the Kokanee salmon run!  I was nervous most of the time about bears the coming to eat the salmon, but then I figured it was probably pretty safe because the bears would be more interested in the fish than in us humans. The weather was lovely and the fall leaves colors were gorgeous!  On the way home, we got word that Sam and Lara‘s daughter Hailey tested positive for Covid. We also got a call that Bethany had an upset tummy at school.  We ate CafĂ© Rio lunch in the car and headed to school to pick up all the kids. We found out that because it was “community exposure“ our kids could still attend school as long as they were masked. We got home around 1:15pm and Ben and Dan watched one and a half Marvel movies.  I took a rest and helped a little with Anna and Bethany‘s homework. I kept the laundry moving and then packed food to go to Ben’s baseball game.  They lost badly and McKenna had rehearsal.  

September 28- Tuesday: After the kids left, I exercised and ran 2 miles, the first time since the 5th of July. It felt good, but still had some hip pain. I ate with Alice, watched Marco Polos, then read with Alice. After shower and lunch, I listened to my book and did some computer stuff, like the Nelson News.  Dan came home from going on a field trip with Bethany to Red Butte Gardens. He also took her to Ugurt after. There was the usual homework, Bethany had dance, we folded laundry, and I listened to my book while making dinner. The kids played outside some and McKenna had YW. I helped Anna with her diorama and we moved the refugee donations to the trailer.  We got heart attacked that night. 

Sept. 29th- Wednesday: After everyone left for school, Alice and I left for her preschool field trip to the Pack Family Farm Pumpkin Patch.  We did the hay maze, train ride, floating ducks, tube slides, walking in the tubes, corn table, zip line, and then chose a couple pumpkins to take home. Alice was scared of the witches decorations in the barn. We got home at 11:45 and ate lunch, then left to went to pick up the kids. Ben and Anna had piano and I helped Bethany a little with homework then took a nap.  I picked up Ben and Anna, and McKenna went to Lyla’s after school.  I worked on emails a little and helped Anna with her diorama. Bethany had Let’s Play Music. After dinner, we drove to get courtesy cones to celebrate no Bishop interviews for Dan. Dan did baths while I helped McKenna with homework a bit.  After kids went to be, I work on the blog and we started watching a new show called “Manifest.” Dan picked up Bishop Moulton from the airport so they could chat.

Sept. 30th- Thursday: I got up early to make soup for the teacher appreciation lunch. Alice and I had a normal morning. The three middle kids had early out due to P/T Conferences. Ben and I ate lunch together. We had three virtual parent teacher conferences. We always feel so blessed to have amazing and smart kids!  We got out our Halloween decorations. Anna had dance, McKenna had piano, and Ben had Frozen. We had Instant pot taco bowls for dinner. I work on a grocery order and the kids went to bed. Dan went hot tubbing at Jake’s. I worked on the blog and calendared some. 



Videos: Bee’s baseball game, “One Day More” family sing along from Les Mis, Glow balloons, Salmon Run, Bethany Red Butte field trip.


No comments: