Wednesday, September 1, 2021

June 2021- Week 1- Field Day, Ryan Olson's Sealing, Last Day of School, Swimming, Outdoor Movie, Dance Pictures, Zoom with GF, Aerial Silk

 Tuesday was free dress day and Field Day for the kids at school.  Alice was babysat by Rachael while Dan and I went to Ryan Olson's sealing in Draper.  We felt so lucky to be there!  Afterwards, Dan and I went on a lunch date to a pizza place.  Ben had a class Zoom call, Lia came over to hang with McKenna, Bethany had dance and I did more laundry.  I also had book club that night at Laura Lewis's where we discussed "Irreversible Things" with the author there!  That was super cool.  Also, here's a before and after of the pavers we bought to put under the swing so mulch doesn't get kicked everywhere.  

Wednesday was the kids last day of school in person.  I decorated the party van and we got Hokulia.  We hung out and played outside and Marilee came here for piano lessons one more time.  I started sorting through school papers.  We ran an errand to get a BD gift for Abby Poulton.  McKenna babysat the Pugsley's and Alice had a head ache and started having a fever. :(  

Thursday Alice woke up with a fever and a pee accident.  I went walking with Dan and did a little bit of yard work.  McKenna went to Lagoon Day with friends for her "field day."  I took the kids' last day of school pictures (Anna grew a ton!) and worked on Dan's calendar.  After school, we set up Meghan's big water slide and filled water balloons and set up music.  Meghan even had treats and snacks for the kids.  The neighbor kids played from 2-4 and had a blast.  We ended up having 19 kids total off and on and I feel so blessed to have such awesome neighbors we love to be with.  Anna then had dance.  Alice still wasn't feeling well and took a nap.  McKenna went straight from Lagoon Day to Brinley Aune's house to swim. After dinner, Anna went to a movie night at Mabel's and Ben went to Alexander's.  McKenna went to Abby Poulton's BD party.  We played more outside with the Johnson's water slide with Bethany and Alice.  

Friday we had a swim day at the Winegar's.  We had lunch there and Alice napped on me.  Once we got home, Anna and Bethany napped as well.  Dan and I went to Ben's baseball game (which they won) and Ben got 2 hits and 2 runs!  We had an outdoor movie that night with the Moulton's, Stewart's, Johnson's, Aliza and Jett Allred, Luke Voehl, Mabel, and the Whitchurches.  We watched "Mitchell's Vs. the Machines." Such a unique and funny show!

Saturday I ran 2 miles.  Ben had a baseball game which Dan and the three girls went to. I went with McKenna to Backstage for the Seussical parent meeting.  After lunch, I got Bethany ready for dance pictures.  McKenna went to Park City with the Molino family and Lyla to swim and hang out for the day.  Dan and Anna went to Alex Boes' baptism.  Dan also took Alice to Insta Care because she was still having fevers and now a croupy cough.  They prescribed a steroid for her cough.  I worked on my Primary singing time lesson.  Anna had dance pictures later and Dan and I went on a date to Tony Burger.  That night we chilled on the porch and booked a campsite near Timp.  

Sunday we sang songs about Jesus in singing time.  I talked with Meghan for a bit when we got home from church.  After lunch and a quiet afternoon, we had a Zoom call with Grandfather.  The Nelson cousins that were on the call with us were Laura McKellar, Blake Maxfield, Katie Owens, Adam Webster, Sister Ashlyn Owens (serving in Norway), and Spencer Ringwood.  We loved hearing everyone's comments about what they learned during the Pandemic and we loved hearing Grandfather's inside scoop of how the church is growing.  He also said, "Bottom line, if you want to be happy, keep the commandments.  If you want to be miserable, break them."  I had my family conference call.  We ate dinner outside then played Kids Vs. Maturity.  That night we could tell Anna was starting to get sick and slept in Bethany and Alice's room with the humidifier since all three girls were sick now.  

Monday morning there was lots of coughing from the three girls.  We did laundry and McKenna got her second dose of the Covid vaccine.  I got my blood work done for my thyroid.  We also ran a couple more errands.  Dan mowed the lawn and I went through kids' school papers again and cleaned up the laundry room.  Anna played with Mabel and McKenna and Ben went over their Seussical scripts.  I also worked on organizing the desk and school table.  In going through the kids' school stuff, I found Ben's stash of tiny pencils.  :)  Ben had a baseball game that night and they won!  After kids were in bed, Dan helped Greg Remington fix Jennee Maday's sprinklers (at our old house) and then hung McKenna's aerial silk! 


No comments: