Wednesday, September 1, 2021

May 2021- Week 3- Lola/Luna Baptism/Blessing, Chitty Engaged, Dinner at Sam and Lara's, McKenna Vaccine, Cast List, Emma Piano, Broken Window, Aerial Silks Recital

 Saturday I ran two miles outside.  I curled McKenna's hair and prepped veggies, then we headed to Luna's baby blessing and Lola's Baptism!  It was a lovely service and Bethany said she felt the Holy Ghost when Lola received the Holy Ghost.  McKenna, Ben, and I ate a quick lunch and then left for their Seussical auditions.  We then went home and the kids changed and I took them back for their dance call part of the audition.  I picked up groceries and then waited for the auditions to be done, but found out both McKenna and Ben got a call back, so I left.  Anna went to Alex Boes birthday party.  When I went back to get McKenna, Ben still wasn't done, so we stopped by Dave and Laurie's and watched Swa and Lara get Emma ready for Prom!  Once we had everyone home, we started baths and we saw that the window above our bath was broken!  Arg!  McKenna babysat while Dan and I picked up Kneaders and went to North Canyon Park to watch Dan's friend Ryan Chidester (Chitty) play a mini concert with his new acoustic guitar.  It was a lovely concert and was topped off by Chitty proposing to his girlfriend Janelle!

Sunday was our first Sunday back with the second hour being live at the church!  I teared up when I saw so many cars in the parking lot!  I wore a face shield during Primary singing time so everyone could see my face.  We were a little short on time and I felt like I kind of fumbled through it, but overall, it went well! We had a normal quiet afternoon at home, then we went to dinner at Sam and Lara's.  The little girls loved playing together and even did some make-up.  We played Skull King and Ben and I were a team and lost miserably.  I also love finding Alice's selfies.  :) Dan and I did some planning after we got home that night.  

Monday was a normal morning.  I was late picking up carpool because of a detour.  McKenna got her first dose of the Covid vaccine, with almost no side effects!  McKenna also attended Whitney's Softball game.  After dinner we watched "Relative Race."  We uploaded videos for Ben's 4X4 Rubik's Cube passion project.  The Seussical Cast list was posted!  McKenna was cast as a bird girl, and Ben was single cast as the mayor of Whoville!  His wives (two different casts) are both WAY taller than him, and they said it would be funny. :)   

Tuesday after school and homework, we played outside some and I did some mending.  Bethany had dance and I went through Alice's clothes.  Ayla Hamblin came to babysit the younger three girls while I took McKenna and Ben to Emma's senior piano recital.  She is amazing!  

Wednesday I volunteered in Bethany's class for the last time and I helped Ms. Huggard combine glue bottles so she would have less to move when they North and South campuses combine.  The kids had piano and I worked more on Bethany and Alice's clothes.  I read outside while the kids played.  After dinner, baths, and bed, Dan had a YM planning meeting.  It was super windy that night, so all the broken glass from our broken window blew out and landed on the ground.  It was a loud crash!  

Thursday Ben turned in his last book report diorama about the book "Mr. Poppers Penguins."  After school Ben went to Luke Voehl's with Jett Allred as well.  Aliza and Lia came here.  We hung out outside, and Dan mowed.  Anna had dance and I cleaned up the broken glass on the ground outside.  Ben had a baseball game and McKenna had a YW activity where they took pictures of nature and learning about photography.  Ben's game was a little chilly but Mickelle and Sadie came.  

Friday I went walking with Rachael.  Ben had his last student council meeting, which was a breakfast.  Dan and I went on a date to buy some new plants for our yard.  It rained on us, but it was still fun.  Zoe, Lyla, and Nate came over to play with Anna, McKenna, and Ben.  I chatted with Zoe's mom when she came to pick up Zoe.  McKenna and Lyla made crackers.  Lyla also helped so McKenna's make-up for her silks recital.  Dan had some of the kids at his parents' house helping unpack.  We ate dinner at the new RJ's Grill in Colonial Square, then we picked up Lia and went to McKenna's aerial silks recital.  It was quite impressive!  







No comments: