Wednesday, September 1, 2021

May 2021- Week 4- Newsies, My Birthday, New Swing, Lunar Eclipse, Splash Pad, Mantua Memorial Day, Irion's

 Saturday I ran two miles outside, and McKenna went with the YW to deliver fliers.  Anna went to Aspen's to play.  Dan and I did yard work and planted the new plants we bought.  That afternoon, Dan and I went on my birthday date.  We headed down south and ate lunch at Great India.  We tried to go to Top Golf without a reservation, but it was too long of a wait.  Bummer!  So we thought about going to the Living Planet Aquarium but it was going to be too expensive for the amount of time we would be there.  We ended up walking around IKEA.  We bought about a couple fake plants but over all, both Dan and I felt VERY blessed to not NEED anything!  We got some ice cream and then picked up Anna and stopped at the Library. I did some cleaning when I got home and worked on singing time.  After dinner, I took the oldest three kids see Charley Alexander's play "Newsies" at Spotlight.  They did awesome!  Unfortunately, at the end of the show, I had a super bad headache. :(  While we were gone Dan installed our new swing in the back and soft closes on our kitchen and bathroom cupboards.  

Sunday was my 37th birthday!  Dan didn't schedule any meetings, so it was nice to have his help and be on time for church!  I felt like singing time went better and I love coming home and beginning planning the next week's singing time.  Rachael Alexander brought me over a nice gift (some gelato!), then I opened gifts from my family and took a nap!  After my family call, I worked more on primary stuff while Dan made instant pot spaghetti.  McKenna thought it would be so funny to pick my candles. :)  We watched "Relative Race" and the Remingtons stopped by for a few.  Dan helped me more with Primary stuff after kids were in bed.  That may seem like a lame way to spend my birthday evening, but it felt good to be pretty much planned for the next Sunday!

Monday was a normal morning.  After school I helped Ben with his Utah County float project.  I had a good talk with McKenna about her upcoming Lagoon day.  Sam and Lara had been working on unpacking Grandma and Grandpa's kitchen, so they brought their own food and ate with us at our house since they didn't have room to eat over there with everything being unpacked!  After dinner, Dan got boxes to Steven Day since they were working on packing to move.  :(  

Tuesday I took Alice to the Moulton's for a bit which was Sarah's BD gift to me. :)  I ran an errand then had some down time at home before kids got home from school.  The three little girls ate lunch outside and I talked with Meghan.  Bethany had dance and Ben had a baseball game against Jordan Slaugh's team.   We hung out outside a bit with the Johnson's when we got home.  After kids were in bed, I worked on Dan's Father's Day calendar.  Dan was the nicest Dad and woke up at 4:30am with Ben to watch the lunar eclipse.  

Wednesday I woke up with a sore back and couldn't exercise.  After kids left, I sat with the heating pad on my back for a bit.  After kids were home from school, Bethany went to Adam and Mia's to play.  Marilee came here for piano lessons since her piano was on its side while they got new flooring.  Autumn Cundick stopped by with some cookies for my BD.  McKenna went to Grace Eckman's.  We hung out a bit at Dan's parents' new house to see what Lara had done unpacking the kitchen.  Dan went to dinner that night with his high school buddies to celebrate Chitty's engagement.  

Thursday I went walking with Rachael.  McKenna and Ben turned in some school projects.  McKenna's was a book report on the book "Out of My Mind."  Ben's was a parade float for Utah County.  Alice took more cute selfies.  :) Ben went to Luke's house after school.  After lunch we went to the new splash pad with Brynn, Swa, Adam, and Abril.  We picked up Ben and I called Jonathan.  Anna had dance and Anna and McKenna had church activities.  After kids were in bed I watered the plants and weeded a bit.  When Anna got home she played a little with Desi and Mabel.  I worked on a grocery order and the Nelson News. 

Friday my back felt a little better so I exercised and even ran.  I volunteered at the school for a couple hours scanning and packing library books.  It was fun to chat with Abby Cherry while there.  Dan mowed the lawn and Brinley came to hang out with McKenna.  Ben went to the Lewis's and Bethany and Anna played with Desi.  Dan and I ran errands and went on a date.  We went to Rockin' E's and Lowe's to get stuff for the yard.  We ran into the Winegars and ended up having dinner with them at Winger's.  We picked up groceries, put kids to bed, and then Dan finished watching "The Pursuit of Happiness."  

Saturday we ate and then packed up to go to Mantua for the day.  We took Oliver with us.  Unfortunately the pool heater wasn't working, so it was too chilly for the kids to really enjoy swimming.  I read my book some.  The kids just had fun playing.  We left by 6pm ish and had dinner in the car on the way home.  After kids were in bed, Dan and I watered our new plants, I weeded some, trimmed, and fertilized.  Dan gave himself a haircut.  

Sunday was our first Sunday back with no masks and no social distancing and it was awesome!  Nic Paulson spoke about his mission and I taught "Choose the Right" in Primary.  When we got home, the kids worked on their thank you notes for their teachers then we packed up and went to Mantua again.  On the way, we stopped by my parents' and visited for a bit since we hadn't seen my parents in a while due to my mom's health problems. At Mantua, we all made our own homemade pizza for dinner and we enjoyed talking and being together.  We also celebrated May birthdays.  Dan worked on cutting and burning the ends of rope to give to the youth for an object lesson he did.   

Monday was Memorial Day.  I ran 2 miles and then weeded the front bed a little bit.  After breakfast, we all walked to the cemetery.  The kids swam again and we had a yummy lunch together.  We cleaned up and left by 4pm to head to the Irion's for the first Nelson Family Party back in person since Covid!  I was so wonderful to see as many people as could come!  

May videos part 2: Aerial Silks, Mom’s birthday, Alice rides a bike, Ben baseball, silly kids

No comments: