Wednesday, September 1, 2021

June 2021- Week 2- Three Girls Sick, Ben's Baseball Championship, Bountiful Chalk Art, Baptism Pictures, Dinner at Winegar'

 Tuesday I woke up to Alice tapping on my side of the bed saying, "It's me!"  :)  The kids had piano and their new Summer time slot.  The kids played on the silk and McKenna napped due to being extra tired from her Covid vaccine.  McKenna and Ben also had their first Seussical rehearsal.  I worked on Dan's Father's Day calendar.  We messed around with an app that turns your pictures into a cartoon.  It was pretty fun!   After dinner, the three little girls were coughing so much!  Dan had late Bishop stuff.  

Wednesday I went walking with Dan.  Ben worked on taking pictures of his school work.  I worked more on the calendar and making picture collages.  M and B had rehearsal and the girls played Legos.  I love their creativity making "parking spots" on a paper and also putting the Lego people in the office chair like that. Alice colored all over her arms and legs and said she was a "monster." For Young Men's activity that night, Dan and the boys helped rip out carpet at the Day's home.  Ben had a primary activity.  That evening, Anna and I went to the temple for her baptism pictures with Aunt Lara.  We had a cool experience on the way there.  We brought a Book of Mormon to use in the pictures and on the drive there, I handed it to Anna and told her to open up to any scripture and read it to me.  She opened up to 1 Nephi 10:10, which reads: "And after he had baptized the Messiah with water, he should behold and bear record that he had baptized the Lamb of God, who should take away the sins of the world." Pretty awesome, right?!?  A scripture about baptism!  Also, the whole time we were there, she didn't have a single coughing episode!  What a blessing! 





































Thursday after breakfast I did yard work for 2 hours.  McKenna only had rehearsal.  Ben played with Tanner but the girls were all still coughing lots.  I did more yard work and listened to my book a lot! Anna had dance and Ben had a doubleheader for baseball because they won the 5pm game, so they played again at 7pm.  It was actually a little chilly and windy.  Ben's team won the 2nd game as well!  When we got home, Dan watched the Jazz game #2 in the playoffs and I worked on the computer.  

Friday after breakfast I took the McKenna to pick up groceries and then to Michael's & Kohl's. After lunch, McKenna and Ben went swimming at Winegar's.  After dinner, we went to Ben's final baseball game against Jordan Slaugh's team.  This was the last game to win the league championship! I had fun talking with Jordan's mom the whole time.  Ben's team, the Red Sox, ended up winning!!  During the regular season, they only won one game and tied another.  They lost the rest!  So this win was incredible!  We wondered where this team was all season.  It was like they just clicked and started playing so well together!  We were all kind of in shock.  Congrats to them!  After kids were in bed, we had a game night with Adam and his new girlfriend Bailee, Swa, and Jake and Abril.  We played Uno Flip and Skyjo.  

Saturday after breakfast we hurried to the Bountiful Chalk Art Festival.  We tried our best to beat the heat of the day and it worked pretty well.  We also found three chalk gun outlines in our driveway from Tanner and Cooper and I wondered if it was a "hate crime" or a threat. :)  Then Dan and I placed some rocks, which we got from a neighbor, in our flower beds.  After lunch, Anna and I did some birthday party planning and sent out invitations.  Dan and Ben got haircuts and McKenna went to Kate Kirkham's BD party at a park.  Ben babysat that night while Dan and I went out to dinner at Nacho House then picked up McKenna.  Both Dan and I worked on lessons for church after kids were in bed.  

Sunday I taught two songs about reverence in singing time.  We had a normal afternoon and then a Webster family dinner at Winegar's.  Adam brought Baylee and she brought her daughter Livvy which all the little girl cousins just loved doting on her!  The kids also had a blast being bounced super high by uncle Sam and Jake.  :)  The kids got to bed very late that night! 

Monday was a normal morning and laundry day.  Anna and Desi started their Descendants camp at Spotlight Theater.  After lunch, I needed to take Ben to the store for a birthday gift.  I took Alice with me because she was being very whiny.  She fell asleep on the way there, so I told Ben we would just hurry and I would hold her the whole time.  To my surprise, she stayed asleep the entire time and my arms were dead by the end!  Have I mentioned how much I love finding Alice's selfies on my phone! :)  Desi came over to play and I helped McKenna go through her clothes a bit.  I had my thyroid check-up with a new doctor and need a follow-up in 6 months instead of a year.  I put out my patriotic decorations.  After dinner, we finally got around to watching Bethany's kindergarten program which was recorded at school. After kids were in bed, Dan and I worked on separate things in the office.  


June videos- Part 1:
Swimming at Winegar’s, Outdoor movie night, Ben baseball winning championship, Uncles double bouncing kids on tramp, Ben at Pugsley’s cabin for scout camp.


No comments: