Tuesday, May 9, 2023

May 2022- Week 2- Mother's Day, McKenna Band Concert, Ben Baseball, Laura Helping in Anna's Class, Lemonade Stand, Ben SBO

May 8th- Sunday: Mother’s Day! I helped lead the Primary kids in Sacrament meeting because Brigham was sick. I got to attend RS and we talked about what it means to have eyes to see, to be seen, and to see others. I received many wonderful cards and notes from the kids and Dan! After lunch, we watched our videos and napped on the couch. I had my family conference call. We went and visited Dan’s mom and gave her our gift then we went to my parents’ and ate dinner there (German Pancakes), and watched an awesome Domino Masters episode!  After kids were in bed, we had phone time and talked about Summer plans. *We found out Ben did NOT make it in “Joseph.” I was mad and sad all over again and then had a very hard time sleeping. Dan and I snuggled and talked and I processed it until at least 1:30am. 

May 9th- Monday: We both woke up very tired for obvious reasons.  After kids left for school, I watched the news, then ate, then napped with Dan. I showered and did laundry and got Alice ready for preschool and had lunch. I listened to my book club book, napped, and looked over possible choices for my next turn hosting book club. I drove carpool. Ben played outside with Henry shooting hoops. I helped Anna with her book report. Bethany tried on her recital costume. McKenna and Anna made pasta salad for dinner and I listened to my book more and folded laundry. We ate and then played outside. McKenna babysat for the Johnsons. I drove with Rachael to book club at Erica Day’s house. We discussed the book “Bread and Wine” and we enjoyed trying a few recipes from the book! Dan and I talked when I got home. 


May 10th- Tuesday: I drove the kids to school, then exercised. Later, we went to Laurie’s house for a sisters lunch for Mother’s Day. We were there three hours and it felt fast. We love talking to each other and getting advice and connecting. Alice loved playing with Charlie, Abby, Hazel, Mila, Luna, and Will. I practiced singing when we got home. Alice watched "Moana." Lyla came home with McKenna. Anna went home with Sayge. I helped Ben with his SBO application and napped on the couch. Bethany had dance. We grilled burgers for dinner. We took Lyla home and McKenna and I went to YWs which was a mother/daughter fondue night! It was so fun, but I ate way too much! We talked with Dan once we got home and I checked a couple things off my to do list. 


May 11th- Wednesday: I drove McKenna and Lyla to their Madrigals meeting. I practiced singing, then got ready for the day. Alice went to grandma and grandpa’s during my voice lesson. We worked on Tabernacle Choir musical assessment stuff. Alice went to preschool. I ate lunch and the kids came home (early out). Ben and Anna walked to Piano. Bethany read and I napped. I picked up preschool and Anna had Gymnastics. I filled up the van at Costco. I got dinner in the oven and worked on Summer camp stuff. The kids played outside. We ate and then I had a phone call with Mickelle and Emily. We discussed some misunderstandings we had had and it was a nice conversation. The kids played outside more, then Dan did baths. After kids went to bed, Dan and I talked and did some calendaring. 


May 12th- Thursday: We woke up to light snow on the ground! Dan and I went to do temple sealings and Alice went to Swa’s. I napped, Dan left for Murray, and I worked on a grocery order and filling in the Summer calendar. Alice and I ate lunch, and I finished the groceries and calendar and then we ran an errand to Smith’s before driving carpool. The kids worked on their homework and piano. I made quesadillas and we left for Ben’s baseball game. McKenna had piano. Adam and Mia came to Ben’s game for a bit. My parents also came. Then we went straight to McKenna’s band concert at WX. After kids were in bed, Ben watched “Lego Masters.” 

May 13th- Friday: McKenna was able to do baptisms with cousins at the temple. I volunteered in Anna’s class for their Colonial Culminating activity day. I helped the kids play “Guess Who” and marbles outside. We also did cat’s cradle with string. I went straight from there to Ladies Lunch at church and had fun talking to Ashley Petersen and some other 6th ward people. Alice went with Dan to Costco. I had some quiet time and computer time before the kids got home from school. Anna and Sayge went to Aubrey’s house then Bethany, Leela, and Brooklyn had a lemonade and cotton candy stand. They had a lot of business and it was fun to chat with neighbors. I ate then went to help Mickelle pack up some at her apartment. Mom and Mickelle's friend Ganinna were there too. I got home around 10:45. McKenna hung out with Whitney that night too. 

May 14th- Saturday: McKenna and I ran 2 miles together! McKenna rocked the hills and could have gone a little faster but stayed with me most of the time. We ate, then went to Ellie Winegar’s baptism and lunch. I ran McKenna to voice and silks. We went home to change for Ben’s baseball game. I went to pick up McKenna and Lia and hit bad traffic. We watched Ben’s game and he got a base hit!  Then Dan and I left the kids home alone so we could go help Mickelle move more. We worked from 4pm-12am!  We took a big load to her storage unit and a big load to Layton. We were exhausted and in bed by 12:40


Videos May Part 1:
McKenna Track, Duel Creek hike and swing, McKenna band concert, Ben baseball

No comments: