Tuesday, May 9, 2023

May 2022- Week 3- Emma's Farewell, Ben Baseball, Dan and Laura St. George Trip, Dance Pictures, Bethany Lost a Tooth, Lola and Mila BDs, Spring Fling.

May 15th- Sunday: I attended Ward Council for Amy who was busy getting ready for Jaron’s farewell. I prepared primary singing time while Dan bathed the girls and cut fruit. I taught “I Will Walk With Jesus” in primary.  We had a quick snack and then attended Emma’s farewell!  She gave such a mature and knowledgeable talk! We enjoyed eating and being with family at Dave and Laurie’s house afterwards.  We came home and watched Mia while Adam went downtown to attend Grandfather’s devotional.  We watched our videos and then Dan and I napped in the theater room. The kids played nice. We started working on Ben’s SBO posters and I typed up the kids’ routines for mine and Dan's upcoming St. George trip.  We had cereal for dinner.  Anna napped too so she stayed up late and helped Ben water the plants outside and color his posters. 

May 16th- Monday: I exercised after kids left for school. After breakfast, I cleaned the kitchen and laundry room and got laundry going. I listened to my book pick (All Adults Here), and after 5 F-words in 2 hours of listening, I decided to choose another book. Alice had preschool, I finally showered and then worked on my To Do list. I drove carpool then the kids worked on HW. Desi briefly came over. Ben went home with Caleb where Dan picked him up after his meeting at the Gateway. After dinner, we watched Relative Race. We helped McKenna with her silks camp flier and Ben’s SBO speech. Dan and I looked up how to redeem the Bees tickets I gave him for Christmas and we folded laundry. 


May 17th- Tuesday: Alice and I went to the gym with Brynn. I got ready for the day and got caught up on Marco Polos. We had lunch then I practiced voice. I picked up McKenna because it was raining. I snuggled Alice in the basement. The other three kids got home and we started on Anna’s book report and recording videos for Ben’s SBO speech. Bethany had dance and a ballerina visited their class and McKenna had piano. Dan got home and turned on all the sprinklers to check them. We ate while Dan helped with an online "Ask a Foster Parent Night." After kids were in bed, I blogged and Dan helped his parents with their sprinklers. 


May 18th- Wednesday: I had my voice lesson. Alice got to wear PJs to preschool. Ben and Anna had piano. I went to the Dollar Store with Bethany to get some birthday gifts. I drove Ben to Caleb’s while Anna and Desi went to gymnastics. After dinner, McKenna and I went to the youth combined building activity. We played board games and divided up by birthdays. 


May 19th- Thursday: After the kids left for school, I ate and showered and cleaned the master bathroom some. Alice and I ran errands to Walmart, Costco gas, and Walgreens got home in time to watch Hazel and eat lunch. Alice and Hazel fought more than normal, but I put groceries away and made the chicken salad for dinner. I cleaned the kitchen some, then it was time for carpool. I had to also run hula hoops down to Expressions Dance for Lola to take home for her BD party. I helped Anna with her book report. Then we went to Ben’s baseball game. A cold front was coming in, and it sprinkled a little. My parents met us there and then Dan and I went home to pack for St. George. We left with Rachael around 7:30pm and picked up John in Spanish Fork an hour later...arriving in St George very late.

May 20th- Friday: We blissfully slept in till 9am!  The basement room at John's parents' condo was so dark and quiet!  We ate eggs and pancakes with John and Rachael. Then we changed and headed to Snow Canyon. We hiked around for about an hour and a half. It was windy, but great temperature wise!  Then we stopped at a park to play Pickleball. We ate crackers and hummus first. They beat us both games, but it was way fun and I didn't hurt my elbow! Then we stopped for tater tots and ice cream. We came back to the house, dipped our feet in the pool, relaxed, and then Rachael and I took a quick dip in the hot tub and the Yeates and Rowes arrived. We talked a little, then the men went shopping for groceries, and I showered. We left for dinner at the Sakura Japanese restaurant. The chef picked on me a little, telling me to "pay attention" and get off my phone, but it was funny. I was texting McKenna who didn't feel good back at home. Sadly, Rachael was also not feeling well. We got back to the house and some went hot tubbing and I talked with the Yeates quite a bit. We played games that night (Code Names). Back at home, Anna attended Lola's BD party, and the kids had their Spring Fling concert, which turned out to be more of a Winter Wonderland with how cold it was.


May 21st- Saturday: we woke up at 9am again, but I was awake before that stressing about dance pictures for the girls back at home. We ate a little something, then John drove Dan and I up to the top of the Snow Canyon bike trail, and we biked down.  Dan fell once but was thankfully ok!  We called the kids then hung out outside for a while. The Rowes, John and Drew went out on the Ranger and got a flat tire. They called one of Drew’s work friends who had a truck and could get the spare tire out there. Dan, Rachael, and Erin and I hung out by the pool talking. We had lunch, then went swimming. John and Drew finally joined after the tire was replaced. We went in at 5:45 ish. We ordered food from Viva Chicken (I got a stuffed avocado) and then showered. The Rowes picked up the food and we ate and had pies for dessert!  We cleaned up and then played Hoopla and Skull King. Good times!  Back at home, Bethany and Alice had dance pictures. Bethany attended Mila's BD party. Bethany let Grandpa Webster pull a tooth!


No comments: