Monday, July 8, 2024

August '23- Week 4- First full week of Laura Subbing, Auditions, Outdoor Movie, Splash Pad, Luke's Party, Regional Dance, Call up Choir, Elephant Rock, McKenna Volleyball, Utes Game

Aug. 22nd- Tuesday: After the kids left for school, I started on my to do list. I was feeling very motivated to be productive for my day off. I went running, watched the news, ate, prepped dinner, did laundry, listened to my book, did some cleaning (vacuumed my bedroom, bathroom, closet, stairs, family room, and cleaned a toilet), I showered, napped, and worked on the blog a little! I picked up McKenna and Ben and I took McKenna to a voice lesson. Jenni coached her for her Beauty and the Beast audition. We picked up Adrie to come hang out for a bit. Dan got Ben and Anna to Shrek. Dan went to Alice’s soccer game, along with Adam and grandma and grandpa Webster. I went to a Shrek parent meeting. We got home and prepped for Wednesday. The kids got bed and I still worked on more back to school stuff.  

Aug. 23rd- Wednesday: I went to work but didn’t sub. I sat in the office and worked on finishing some online trainings. I stayed with the half day kindergarten kids till they were picked up outside. I also had lunch duty and worked more on the trainings. It was a fun/eventful day in the office: 4 kids lost teeth, at least 2 bee stings, lots of ice packs given out for head bumps, 2 kids had to change clothes, several parents confused about the time schedule. It was a fascinating behind the scenes peak into the school. I appreciate those secretaries so much! I also loved seeing all three of my girls at lunch. We got home and I crashed on the couch, but still tried to help the girls with their homework and checklists. Bethany started having a hard time and I got super strict with her which backfired and she shut down even more. I started making muffin tin meatloaf for dinner. I apologized to Bethany and she came up and practiced her audition song. I took her to her audition and she did great!  Anna and McKenna ate then went to activity days and Backstage. The rest of us ate. Dan got home and I cried a little because I had an upcoming upcoming meeting with the Bishop. I thought he was going to call me to be the new YW's president. I hosted YW in the basement and we watched the music festival. Ben’s Deacon's activity was upstairs. They made smoothies and watched “The Fighting Preacher.” We got a good rainstorm that evening too! Dan took McKenna to volleyball and the three girls did showers and baths. The meeting with Bishop went well! He asked me to be the first counselor in YWs and I was so relieved!  I’m very willing to serve, but I was feeling majorly overwhelmed if I were to be in charge!  


Aug. 24th- Thursday: I went for a run after everyone left. I talked to Meghan outside for a while, then I got a call asking if I could come in to sub for Ms. Jacobs who was sick. I got there about 10:45. Her students were pretty good, though she has quite a few students with special needs/IEPs. It was also a tough day subbing because the students were getting used to doing their locker combinations and wanted to keep practicing! I spied on Anna at recess and took a picture of her and Claire sitting on a bench outside. :) Also, the first few days of Kindergarten caught up to Alice and she was pretty sleepy. Once we got home, I took Bethany to Activity Days where they made bracelets. I took Ben and Anna to Backatage. I ran a couple errands to Target and the Library, then I picked up Anna. I came home and made dinner. The girls folded their laundry. Alice went to play with Hazel. McKenna ate and I took her to Adrie’s. Dan picked up Ben and Alice. We all ate and they packed their lunches. Dan, Bethany, and Alice all started feeling sick with a cold, cough, and sore throat. I worked on a grocery order and helped McKenna study for a quiz. 

Aug. 25th- Friday: Bethany and Dan had full on colds.  I watched the news and Instagramed after the kids left. I ate. I made some texts and phone calls. I started working on the blog and napped a little. Dan worked from home, then went to lunch with Jasper. I ate and napped some more! It was a good day off and much needed! I showered and the kids got home. Alice went to play at Kaysen's. I helped McKenna practice for her audition. I took her and she also did awesome! Claire came to hang out with Anna. Dan and I went on a date to Kokonut grill, then to get gas and ice cream at DQ. We got home and set up for an outdoor movie. Ben’s friends Luke and Grant came over a little before the movie. We watched “Disenchanted.” Unfortunately, it did not hold the interest of half the kids, but I thought it was cute! McKenna went to Adrie’s and to hang out we found out she got a callback for Belle!! 

Aug. 26th- Saturday: I got up around 7:15 and got dressed. I did a temple session from 8:30 to 10:30 and got to sit by Autumn Cundick. I also saw Scott Bradford. Dan stayed home sick. Once I got home I took Bethany and Alice to the splash pad with some Ward friends. McKenna had volleyball practice, Anna had gymnastics, and Dan and Ben picked up groceries and a present for Luke. We had lunch and McKenna went to Beauty and the Beast callbacks. Crew Winegar and Brooklyn Moulton came over to play. I played Harry Potter Clue with Crew and Ben. Bishop Moulton took Anna, Bethany, Brooklyn, and Zaza to Five Below for a little shopping. Dan had a good chat with Greg Remington and Jake Brown. I took Ben and Crew to Luke’s swimming birthday party, then I picked up McKenna and Lucy Nelson from Backstage.  Dan and I went to a Ward adult barbecue up Mueller Park Canyon. McKenna fed the girls dinner. Dan tried to pull Alice's loose tooth but it wasn't ready. McKenna went to a Regional dance with some friends. Dan picked them up at the end and took them to get drinks at Smith's.

Aug. 27th- Sunday: I slept in till 9. I ate with the three girls then showered. I went to a YW presidency PPI with Bishop and our presidency was officially released. Thankfully, I was called to still be in the presidency with Brandie Kossin as the new president and me as first counselor. I’m thankful to still be in YWs and to work with new sisters. (Lindsay Moss, Ruth Cole, and Kyra Koehler. Marsha also stayed!) *I also had quite the spiritual moment while singing “Master the Tempest is Raging” during the call up choir. I felt the Spirit so strong testify that Jesus can calm any storm in my life!  Bridget taught the younger class in YW and we talked about how to care for our bodies. Dan took Bethany home early from church since her cold had gotten worse and she was coughing a lot.  Once we got home from church, I made cookies and prepped veggies. I also had my family call.  We went to family dinner at 4. Unfortunately, we also found out that McKenna did not get the part of Belle, and we were both quite upset. After dinner, we celebrated August birthdays and talked about a possible Webster girls’ trip. Also, sad news. There was a fire at the Applewood condos in the unit next to the Jensen’s. :(  Thankfully, no one was hurt, but the Jensen's place had significant smoke damage. 

Aug. 28th- Monday: l subbed in Ms. Higginson’s 3rd grade class. They were really good! They were patient with me while I figured out what the plan was for the day. It was also picture day! I loved being able to see Alice, Anna, and Bethany during the day!  After school, I took Bethany to Frozen, Anna to Gymnastics, I helped Alice with her homework and she had music. Ben had mountian biking at Mueller Park. McKenna had Beauty and the Beast.  Dan also took McKenna to get a wire in her braces fixed at Blake’s office. We had an easy dinner, then worked on laundry and packing lunches. After the girls were in bed, I worked on responding to texts. Dan picked up McKenna and she wasn’t feeling well, most likely due to the same cold Bethany had.  

Aug. 29th- Tuesday: I ate after everyone left. Then I hiked to Elephant Rock with Sarah Moulton for the first time. It took us about three hours, and it was awesome! I showered and ate lunch once we got home. Then I napped and did some photo editing. Dan briefly came home in the afternoon. I helped Alice with her checklist and Ben and Anna’s had Shrek practice. After dinner, Alice had soccer and they won!  I had my first presidency meeting with Brandie and the new YW presidency. Dan worked a little and I worked on computer stuff. 

Aug. 30th- Wednesday: I worked in Ms. Huggard’s class one-on-one with a boy named Riot. He is more than a “handful.” He was physically aggressive, ran away, in his own world, and super disruptive.  Thank goodness it was early out. We brought Kaysen home with us to play. I napped. Caleb Arnold also came over once McKenna and Ben got home. Jamie Atkin came over to test drive our van.  I took Bethany to Frozen and stopped by the store for some things. Dan took Ben to Mantua for mountain biking race pre-ride. I made dinner and met some other moms we’ll carpool with for Frozen.  We ate. McKenna left for rehearsal. The girls packed lunches. I left for YWs. We played laser tag at the Remington’s. Anna and Desi babysat and the girls did showers and baths. I picked McKenna up from Backstage and then took her to volleyball. She got lots of point through her serves! There was a "Blue Moon" that night.


Aug. 31st- Thursday: After the kids left, I went for a run. I ate, showered, practiced voice, made a grocery order, and blogged a little. After lunch, I took Ben’s violin to the shop to get fixed, then I drove carpool. Dan and I went to the Utes football game that night with his parents. 





No comments: