Monday, July 8, 2024

July '23- Week 1- Cleaned out Garage, Mia's Birthday, Fireworks at Vance's, Shauna's House, Layton and Midway on the 4th, Grandma Camp, Park City park, Hike with Moultons, Winegar Swim.

July 1- Saturday: We slept in till 8:30. We ate, picked up groceries, then started cleaning out the garage. Alice went to play at Winegar’s with Hazel and Charlie. I got dressed, put groceries away, and washed our sheets. We also took the van to Burt Bros for a tire rotation and oil change. After lunch, Dan finished the garage, I picked up Alice, and took Anna and Bethany to the rec center for Mia’s birthday party. We also picked up cousin Abby for Alice to play with, and Luke Voehl for Ben to hang out with. I napped a little and Dan gave himself a haircut. McKenna worked on her Summer gym assignments. The boys played Minecraft a lot. We went to Bountiful park to play for a bit and pick up the girls. Right at the end, Bethany somehow got a wood chip/large splinter stuck under the nail bed of her big toe. Poor girl was in a lot of pain! Thankfully, Dan was able to get it out. We had tacos for dinner and dropped Ben off at Luke’s. The girls did showers and baths. Once they were in bed, we watched “Murder on the Oriental Express” with McKenna and Ben. 
July 2nd- Sunday: I worked on primary stuff. Bethany and Alice ate. Anna and Bethany were quite sad about fasting and her toe hurting and that I said no to using crutches. I showered. We were a little late for church. I subbed in primary singing time.  Some of the kids had lunch when we got home. I napped and had my conference call. After dinner, we went to the Vance’s for treats, yard games, and fireworks! 

July 3rd- Monday: I ran 2 miles. I took Bethany and Alice to swim lessons. I took the kids and Kaysen to see “Lyle Lyle Crocodile.” We ran an errand to Walmart and ran into several people we knew. I picked up McKenna and Olivia Stock from shopping on Main Street. I ate lunch. Billy, Rai, and Desi came over to play. We sent them home and everyone napped. We went to my Aunt Shauna’s house in NSL for dinner, hanging out with cousins, and swimming!  I had fun catching up with as many of my cousins as I could. We left around 9:30 and enjoyed the Eaglewood fireworks from our cul de sac. Many neighbors and my parents came too.

July 4th- Tuesday: We went to the Bridlewood Ward breakfast. I sat with Melanie Mortensen. I took Bethany and Alice to swim lessons. We got home, and packed up, and left for the day. First, we went to Layton to help my dad rip out carpet on their stairs. We hung out and had lunch there.  Dan and I left to go see Sam and Lara's new baby, Sophie, at the hospital.  She’s such a little angel!  We went back to Layton and got the kids, then headed to Midway!  We did crafts, ate our picnic dinner, had the bike parade, and then started the yard games.  Grandfather and Wendy came around 7pm. We took a family picture then listened to him speak to us for a bit. Some kids also sang a new primary song written by Grandfather. Alice got a little pinch on her chin/neck from holding her face tight against the fire pole as she went down. We had treats, chatted with cousins, and then left by 9pm. We got the kids to bed quickly. 

July 5th- Wednesday: McKenna and I ran two miles together. I took Alice and Bethany to swim lessons. Dan took Ben to Caleb’s house. We folded laundry and cleaned up a little. McKenna and Whitney went to Summer Seminary. I showered and Mia came over. We had lunch and then went to Grandma camp. Luke and Harper Voehl came over as well. The kids made a dessert, painted bird houses, and made crafts with paper plates. After grandma camp, Ellie, Clara, and Charlie came over. I napped a little. Adrie also came over. I made dinner and all the extra kids left. Ben and Bethany ate early. Ben went to YMs where they went to the temple and did baptisms. Bethany had Emmy Stitt and Brooklyn Moulton over for a late night. Anna and Alice had baths and we watched some of Napoleon Dynamite with them.

July 6th- Thursday: Pickleball was canceled with Brynn because we were worried the court would be slippery due to rain. I woke up instead around 8. I got Bethany and Alice ready for swim lessons. Once we got home, I changed and curled my hair. I went to my voice lesson and made some recordings for my Tab Choir audition. I took McKenna, Katie, Whitney, and Lucy Nelson to Lagoon. I ate lunch and sent out party invites for Bethany’s birthday. Billy came over to play. They played Among Us in real life for a long time. I tried to nap a little. I started dinner early. Dan came home for a virtual meeting. I took dinner to the Voehl’s. Brynn brought McKenna home. We all left for Ben’s mountain biking practice in Park City. We played at a park and ate dinner there. The weather was lovely!  We stopped for ice cream on the way home. We got kids to bed and I worked on the blog. 

July 7th- Friday: I went running with McKenna and Anna. We were all training for a 1K and 5K for Handcart Days. We ate breakfast, I made some phone calls, and then talked with Bethany about her baptism and she tried on her dresses.  I packed our lunches and we went on a hike with the Moulton girls to Hollbrook Canyon. We ate our lunch and made it home by 1. I showered and then took a nap. We went to visit baby Sophie! We prepped fruit and then went to a Winegar swim night! I picked up groceries while Dan put kids to bed. Dan packed. 



July Videos
Grandfather at Midway

July Videos
Bethany and Alice swim lessons, Park in Park City, Swimming at Winegar’s, Boating, Bethany Monkey bars




No comments: