Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Feb. 2022- Week 2- Hamilton!, Parent/Teacher Conference, Webster Girls Weekend, Cousin Galentine, Valentine's Day!

Feb. 8th- Tuesday: Anna stayed home from school with the same cold Bethany had.  She worked on homework while we folded laundry and then got ready for the day. I did a mini solar and lunar eclipse lesson with Anna.  I had a dermatologist appointment where he froze off some of my brown spots on my face.  Then I went to get blood work done for my thyroid. I ran to Smith’s to get a few groceries. Once home, Bethany and Alice got invited for a play date at the Chadwick’s. I got ready for mine and Dan's date to see Hamilton!!  Dan’s parents babysat for us.  We ate at Crack Shack, went across the street for a treat at Spilled Milk then we headed to the theater.  We both loved the show so much, even though we sat one row apart and I couldn’t see facial expressions due to my eye surgery.  Eliza was our favorite and it was so worth it to see it!  

Feb. 9th- Wednesday: After the kids left for school, I watched the news and played with Alice a little. I woke up McKenna and we ate together and looked at possible new swim suits for her.  After she left for school, I got Alice ready, then practiced singing a little. I showered and took Alice to my voice lesson.  She went to preschool. Ben and Anna walked to Piano. I helped Bethany with her reading minutes and then we had Bethany’s virtual Parent/Teacher Conference.  Ms. Laney had very good things to say about her and she’s so smart!  After piano we had Ben’s virtual P/T Conf. Ms. Jacobs loves Ben’s sense of humor and also talked about how smart he is and encouraged him to continue to progress and increase his vocabulary.  I picked up preschool kids, Swa borrowed the van, and I took Anna to gymnastics. I took Bethany to her Let’s Play Music private lesson to work on her composition. After dinner we went to Ben’s Junior Jazz game.  After showers and bed, I talked to Kelly Kump about me filling in for primary singing time on Sunday, so I started preparing a lesson. My eyes felt pretty dry by the end of the day even though I'm doing so many drops!


Feb. 10th- Thursday: after kids left for school, I exercised (ran two miles) and felt good!  After breakfast I napped, showered then I picked up kids for early out (due to P/T Conference). We had lunch, then I helped Bethany with piano.  I picked up Annie and Anna from Seussical and then had Anna’s and Ben's math teacher parent/teacher conferences and they both had wonderful things to say about them!  I listened to my book. After dinner Bethany went to a cheer clinic at WX high with cousins. After dinner I went to book club at Chelsea’s house where we discussed “The Light between oceans.” I worked on a grocery order once I got home. 


Feb. 11th- Friday: I left at 7:15 for another post-op on my eyes.  I drove myself, and was ok, but still not comfortable driving at night. He said my eyes were looking good and I just needed to be patient.  I didn't realize just HOW patient I would need to be! He took off the contact lens band aids and my vision got a little worse.  I got home then worked on my primary singing time.  Alice went to Swa’s to play.  I also worked on getting caught up on Marco Polos.  Alice and I went to ladies lunch at the church. Sarah Moulton brought my kids to the church after picking them up from school, and then Sarah and I had a nice chat. We got home around 2 and the kids played outside while I rested my eyes.  Desi came over.  Dan took McKenna and Ben to get Valentines. I showered and packed for a Webster girls overnighter.  I left at 4:30.  We got to the hotel and chilled then we had dinner at R&R (with a super long wait!). Then we went back to the hotel and played Double Ditto and exchanged our favorite things gifts.  Then we talked and went to the hot tub.  I sat off to the side with Brynn and Swa.  We talked more and stayed up way too late (2am)! I’m so thankful for my sisters-in-law who I love and look up to! 


Feb. 12th- Saturday: I woke up at 7:40 to some guy in a neighboring hotel room coughing and hacking and gagging. Thankfully, I turned on a sound machine and got back to sleep a little. We ate breakfast and then got ready for the day. We went and got manicures and pedicures. Laurie and Lara left early.  We hung out at the hotel for a little longer and napped and watched the Olympics.  Adam hosted a fun Galentine's party for some of the girls cousins. Meanwhile we headed to a movie theater in Kaysville to watch the new “West Side Story” which was so good!! I rode home with Swa and Brynn. I got home as the girls were going to start painting their toenails.  I read with Alice while Ben watched some MineCraft videos and then I started putting toys away since we’d be hosting the Websters the next day. We put kids to bed, then I unpacked and showed Dan and Ben my stuff and snacked.  Then Dan and I talked.  McKenna got home from babysitting the Johnsons.  We talked with her, then went to bed.  

Feb. 13th- Sunday: Today was Fast Sunday. I filled in in primary and taught “Follow the Prophet.” McKenna took selfies with each family member so she could write sweet Valentines for each of us. After we got home and the kids had lunch, Dan and I napped. I had my conference call. The Webster family came over for the Super Bowl. The halftime show was everything I hoped for! So nostalgic and the performers looked so good even thought they are old. :) Everyone left around 8:30. We cleaned up and put kids to bed.  Then Dan and I had a little interview over Zoom with Emma for one of her classes (Eternal Families). We tried ear drops on Dan and it helped a little.  

Feb. 14th- Monday: After the kids left for school, I exercised. I started cleaning the kitchen and started laundry.  I also prepped for the craft I would be doing in Ben’s class. Alice and I had lunch and she went to preschool. I showered and then went to Ben’s class for his Valentine’s Day party.  He decided not to stay for Harry Potter club. After all the kids got home, they dumped out their Valentine’s and went through them. I switched the laundry and was pleased to find a bunch of $1 bills! Too bad they were Ben's. While I started dinner Bethany went to another cheer practice. The kids worked on their homework and piano and watched shows. Dan and I left for our Valentine’s date at the DCC with all the Websters (except Dave and Laurie).  The food was delicious and there were three lovely singers. We danced and there was a photo booth. Such a fun night!  We’re so thankful for McKenna babysitting for us.  When we got home, Dan snuggled Ben and I snuggled McKenna. Then we watched some Olympics and went to bed.  

The Valentines McKenna and Anna made for mom and dad.  

No comments: