Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Jan. 2022- Week 2- Covid, Organize Ben's Room, Anna's Wax Museum, Organize Pantry.

Jan. 8th- Saturday: The Covid case counts were SUPER high everywhere thanks to the Omicron variant. Uncles David and Jake both had Covid.  Saturday after Ben's party, both Dan and I felt scratchy throats. We thought it was from talking loudly to all the boys all night. McKenna woke up with a croupy sounding cough.  We had our usual eggs for breakfast.  We canceled game night with friends because of sickness in ours, Remington’s and the Koldewyn’s homes.  We opened Ben's presents from the family and measured him.  The kids played the new Oregon Trail Card game.  I worked on a grocery order and my primary lesson.  Dan and Ben did Legos.  McKenna, Bethany, and Anna did homework then played.  After lunch, Dan returned party stuff to the Kumps. Then Dan and I worked to organizing Ben’s room and clothes. We went through a lot of stuff! I washed his laundry and sheets. Dan and I still went on a date to get groceries and eat at In n Out. That night, we found out both my parents and Mickelle had Covid.  Once we got home, Dan gave McKenna a blessing. She really wasn't feeling good.

Jan. 9th- Sunday: We woke up super early (6:45am), and Dan, McKenna and I got in line to get tested for Covid. Dan and McKenna were positive! I was negative, but we assumed I also had it because of my scratchy throat and headache. We're 99% positive we caught it from my dad who first had symptoms on Wednesday after we saw them at Maddox on Tuesday. He had no clue where he got it from. We all started masking at home then we started making phone calls to let people know. Mat Ulmer filled for me in primary. We ate oatmeal and watched Joe’s talk in his ward and then Music and Spoken Word.  Then we watched our own ward virtually. Dan passed us the sacrament at home. We took a little naps. Dan gave the girls a bath.  We had lunch and then a napped more. I had my family conference call, Dan played games with the kids. We worked more on Ben’s room, rearranging some furniture and taking stuff off walls. We had breakfast burritos for dinner then watched Relative Race and put kids to bed. Dan checked some blog posts, I looked at Primary singing time stuff for the next week.

Jan 10th- Monday: McKenna stayed home. The three middle kids still went to school with masks because they were still symptom free. I watched the news. I felt like my symptoms were a little worse. Dan and McKenna’s were a little better. Dan and I ate breakfast separate from Alice. I stared cleaning and gathering laundry. McKenna did homework (online learning for the week). Dan worked some. I had some computer and phone time. After lunch, Dan, McKenna, and I watched Captain America in theater room. I napped and blogged a little.   Alice watched a lot of Octonauts. After kids got home, McKenna, Anna, Bethany and I played outside some. The fresh air was good and it wasn't too cold. Dan helped Anna with her wax museum display and presentation. I made an appetizer dinner for us. After kids were in bed, I blogged some more and Dan watched “Pompeii.”

Jan. 11th- Tuesday: After kids left for school, I watched the news and we were a little better.  We opened the windows every morning to "air the Covid out." I did some puzzles with Alice. McKenna started on her homework. I went to my room to make some phone calls and read over the next Junior Achievement lesson. Alice played in my room and ate snacks. Dan watched a show. After lunch, I worked on my primary lesson.  Alice watched “Cinderella.”  As soon as the kids got home from school, I took Anna right back to school for Seussical call backs!  Dan played outside with the other 4 kids.  Bethany had dance.  After dinner, Ben decided to skip basketball practice because he had a runny nose.  We watched Emma open her mission call to Stockholm, Sweden!  We got the kids in bed and then finished hanging stuff on Ben’s walls.  Dan and McKenna finished watching “Pirates,” then Dan watched “Lost in Space” while I blogged.  


Jan. 12th- Wednesday: I got Ben and Anna up early to go get tested for Covid.  Anna needed a negative test to attend gymnastics and Ben was starting with a runny nose.  I also took a PCR test to see if I am officially positive.  We got to the testing site right at 7 when they opened.  It only took us about 45 mins start to finish so Ben and Anna made it on time to school.  Dan gave himself a haircut.  Then he and McKenna started Captain Marvel.  I texted a bunch about finding a roommate for McKenna for FSY this Summer.  The kids came home from school since it was early out.  At school, Anna had a Wax Museum assignment that we couldn’t attend. Dan’s mom was nice enough to go see her!  Anna said it was fun, but she was very tired of repeating her little blurb about Florence Nightingale by the time she got home.  Ben and Anna had piano.  Anna had gymnastics and Bethany had music.  Meghan Johnson was so kind and brought us dinner that night.  Ben had a Jr. Jazz game that they won 15-11  (the Alexanders took him). Dan worked on installing printers into the new computer.  I worked on the blog and my primary lesson.  


Jan. 13th- Thursday: I helped Alice make a count down chain until her birthday.  Since Ben's birthday, she would ask every night when her birthday was. We did a few puzzles. McKenna worked on her homework.  After lunch, I worked on a grocery order then Alice watched shows and Dan, McKenna, and I watched "Iron Man" in the theater room while I napped some.  The kids did their homework. I worked on making picture collages for October. Alice and Anna played on Alice’s “creek.” The kids took turns playing Minecraft. After dinner, we watched "Relative Race" and put kids to bed. I kept working on collages. Ben’s PCR test came back negative (or so we thought...). Dan and Ben did Legos. Dan finished “The Eternals.”

 

Jan. 14th- Friday: Dan left to take the kids to school and I took McKenna to get tested. Her rapid came back negative!  She and I got McDonald’s for breakfast. We watched the news and Gov. Cox’s press conference about the Covid Spike. McKenna had piano with a mask on. It was now 7 days since her symptoms started. Alice watched shows. Dan and McKenna ran errands (returns and Costco). I caught up on Marco Polo and ran the Debot vacuum. Alice and I ate lunch together. McKenna did homework and Dan had virtual work meetings. Alice watched more shows and I blogged a little. I drove carpool. We signed McKenna up for FSY! The kids did their homework and piano and Mine Craft. I read with Alice, then got McKenna ready for her dress rehearsal (hair and make up). Ben babysat while Dan and I went to eat at Tony Burger and then went to At Home to buy organizing stuff for the pantry.  We got home and put kids to bed and started working on the pantry till 11:45.

No comments: