Wednesday, March 20, 2024

August 2022- Week 2- Swimming at Farnes', Hanging out in Layton, Final Grandma Camp, Lagoon Day, Reed's Farewell, Mary Visits, Stake Conference

Aug. 8th- Monday: After breakfast, we started laundry and then McKenna went to piano. We all got ready to go swimming at the Farnes’ with my book club friends.  Ben and Anna had piano. We had 10 moms and 34 kids come!  It was a blast and thankfully, everyone was safe. We got home around 3pm. I showered and then made phone calls and napped a bit. I made dinner for Ty and Chelsie Mudrow since they had their new baby girl, Brynlie!  Then we had our dinner at home as a family. The kids played outside and Dan and I went to dad's cousin Finn and Micah’s wedding reception.  We loved chatting with other Nelson cousins!  Then we stopped by Dan’s mom’s to chat and process it all. Anna was so sad when we got home, but I snuggled her and made her laugh. Then I snuggled Ben and Dan worked on some carline stuff for the new school year and new buildings!

Aug. 9th- Tuesday: Dan donated plasma. I exercised on the bike. We had breakfast, folded laundry, and got ready for the day. Then we left for Layton. We hung out at my parents’ for the day. We had an amazing fondu lunch! Then we played Just Dance and Mario Kart. I napped a little and sent some emails. Then we had snacks and Grandpa did some card tricks. Then we played the VR for a bit. We left at 5. We all chilled for an hour once we got home. Some of us didn’t feel well. We had dinner, then the kids played outside and I did a little weeding before the Young Women came over for an outdoor movie. Dan got home from work just in time to set it up. We watched "Princess Bride."

Aug. 10th- Wednesday: I had an appointment early to get my fingerprints done for my subbing background check, then blood work for my thyroid. Ben and I picked up his new glasses. We all chilled until the kids left for grandma camp. Alice and I ate while I listened to Marco Polos. Then we went to pick up the kids from grandma camp where they got awards for their last day!  I’m so thankful for Dan’s mom creating such fun memories and relationships with each kid. I napped and worked on texting about outdoor movies. I took Anna to gymnastics then picked up an ingredient for dinner. After we ate, we all (except McKenna) went to Legacy to try out the new carline route. A few neighborhood friends came as well. It rained on us, but it was helpful to talk things through. After kids were in bed, Dan and I worked on my resume and tried to book tickets for the VA trip and it was very frustrating. 


Aug. 11th- Thursday: Lagoon Day!

Aug. 12th- Friday: Everyone was highly emotional from being tired and drained from Lagoon Day. This happens every year and it's rough! After breakfast, I made a grocery order. McKenna went to the school with Korie, Bridget, and Megan. Then Korie came and hung out for most of the day.  After lunch, Sayge came to play with Anna. I volunteered at the new Backstage studio.  I helped take some demo materials to a dump trailer and then helped pull anchors and nails out of the walls. I enjoyed talking with Kayelie most of the time.  I napped and then Dan and I went to dinner at Spanky’s, then went to Alton Mortensen’s wedding reception. We went to play games at the Alexander’s after that with the Rowes and Yeates.  It was so fun having a mini St. George reunion. 

Aug. 13th- Saturday: We got up around 8. Dan started edging and mowing. I ate with the kids then showered and headed to the airport to pick up Mary!! I got to see Heather briefly too! I took Anna to gymnastics for a make-up class. Dan went to the school to film a video for carline procedures. Then he picked up groceries and Anna. Mary and I talked and we showed her around the house. After the kids ate, Mary and I went to get lunch at Kokonut Island Grill. Dan and Ben helped take tables and chairs to Dave and Laurie’s house for Reed’s mission farewell the next day. After we all ate lunch, we chatted about the differences between America and Germany.  Mary left around 3:45pm. I napped, and then Dan and I went to the leadership meeting of Stake Conference with Elder Holzapfel. It was more a discussion format meeting and we even took a break to do some “ministering” during the meeting! We checked in with the kids and then attended the adult session, which as also much more of a testimony and discussion format as well. People were sharing their impressions from the Restoration Proclamation. We enjoyed Nielsen’s frozen custard at Winegar’s afterwards.  McKenna went to a movie night at Brinley’s. Ben worked on editing the carline video. 

Aug. 14th- Sunday: Dan took Ben, Anna, and Bethany early to sing in the Primary Children’s choir for stake conference. McKenna also went early for a youth meeting with Elder Holzapfel. Stake conference was mostly testimonies and lovely musical numbers. Dan stayed after to help with an ordination. We had snacks when we got home and prepped fruit. Then we went to Reed’s mission farewell!  His testimony in Chinese was amazing!  We had a late lunch at Dave and Laurie’s house after. Dan came late to the lunch after he had another meeting. We got home around 5 and chilled. I worked on emails and putting things in my calendar.  We had snacks for dinner, watched a little of the sunset, then put kids to bed.  I went over McKenna’s teachers and supply lists with her. Dan and Ben worked on finishing the carline video.  Dan and I calendared.



August videos- Part 1:
Alice math, McKenna kids’ Silks Camp, Parachute Dan’s work BBQ, Encanto Camp Anna and Beth


No comments: