Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Oct. '22- Week 4- Jackson's Sealing, Webster Oct. BDs, McK's Choir Concert, Ward Fall Festival, Ben Activity Days at Pugsley's, Carving Pumpkins, Halloween!

Oct. 22nd- Saturday: I got up at 5:45 to go with my parents down to Payson for my cousin Jackson Lee‘s temple sealing. We got home by 10:30 and McKenna and I went to Mariana West’s baby shower. McKenna got to hold the newest baby girl Pugsley. Dan and I went to the Bountiful Temple for another sealing for Darrell and Susan Munson. Dan’s dad performed the sealing. After lunch, Ben went to “James” rehearsal.  I took pictures of some nice notes the kids in Bethany's class made me when I subbed for them. I napped for 2 hours and it felt so good!  McKenna went to see "The Lousy Chaperone" play at Legacy with Brinley. Dan played games with Alice and then watched football. The girls had showers and baths and then we ate. Anna went to Queensley‘s house and the rest of us watched Hocus Pocus 2. I picked Anna and Desi up and Dan gave himself a haircut. It was super windy and stormy that night! 

Oct. 23rd- Sunday: We woke up to snow on the grass!  Dan had early meetings. I went a little early before church to renew my temple recommend. *I got emotional answering the first three questions as it felt significant bearing a simple testimony of “yes” I believe all those things and I love going to temple!  My old first grade student, Isaac Workman, spoke as a returned missionary with a high councilman in our ward. Alice gave the 10th Article of Faith in Primary. Taylor Remington taught in YWs. Dan attended the 2nd Ward’s primary program. I fed the kids lunch and we watched our “Line Upon Line” videos. I took a quick nap before my conference call. I did McKenna’s nails, Dan prepped the fruit, and we went to a Webster family dinner to celebrate October birthdays at Grandma and Grandpa's house. After the three girls were in bed, we watched a little “Random Acts” and threw around the Hacky Sack. 

Oct. 24th- Monday: I exercised after the kids left. Alice and I did her music homework and Upstart. We went to music together. Dan replaced our garbage disposal because it was leaking. Alice had preschool after lunch and I went to Michael’s to get costume stuff for McKenna. I napped, then drove carpool and took a picture of a house that used tons of dolls as their Halloween decorations! I worked on McKenna’s costume and Bethany read to me. We had a freezer meal for dinner. Ben went to Backstage to record some tracks for James. We ate and McKenna had her Halloween Choir concert. The Webster grandparents came, but unfortunately, Mickelle had Covid, so she and my parents stayed home. After the girls were in bed, I worked on class party stuff. Dan watched a show. We folded laundry and went to bed. 

Oct. 25th- Tuesday: I watched the news after the kids left for school and played Guess Who with Alice. We ate and then I worked on cleaning up the kitchen a little and Alice did Upstart. I showered and then Alice went to Meg Hartvigsen‘s house while I went to my voice lesson. Then Meg came to our house and we ate lunch and they played. I cleaned a little more. After Meg left, I napped and Alice watched a show. The kids got home from school and Ben had rehearsal. McKenna went on her birthday date with Grandma and Grandpa Webster.  I organized Alice’s clothes and started on Anna‘s, and then Dan helped me make dinner. Anna had gymnastics and then went to play at Emi Atkin’s house. McKenna had her birthday interview with Bishop. After kids were in bed, I worked on reading about candidates to vote and Dan and Ben watched Mark Rober videos. 


Oct. 26th- Wednesday: After the kids left for school, I taped the Thor poster to the board and patched up a couple of pairs of Anna‘s pants. Alice and I ate and then went to the gym with Brynn. On the way home, I stopped by Michael’s and Walgreens. Alice got to wear her costume to preschool. I showered and the kids got home. They did not have piano, so they worked on homework and then I worked on going through Anna‘s clothes with her. Emi Atkin came over to play. Alice made the comment that Kaysen didn’t say she looked pretty in her costume and it made her sad. 😆  I made soup (which burned a little) and then started getting the kids ready for the Ward Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat.  McKenna and I went early to help set up and practice our YW dance. We had soups and breadsticks and then we performed!  They had a costume parade across the stage, then the trunk or treat in the parking lot. We got home around 8 and got the kids to bed. I watched some videos I needed to for an upcoming stake YW training.

Oct. 27th- Thursday: I ate with Alice after the kids left and then she did Upstart. I watched the news and then worked on a grocery order. After lunch, worked on moving pictures from Dropbox to the external hard drive and deleting pictures off of my phone. I drove the school carpool and then took Ben and Sariah and Melody-Ann to Backstage. I took Bethany to Smith’s to get a gift for Kjla.  I worked on dinner. McKenna had piano and Anna had a s’mores party at Katie Brown‘s house with her Primary class. After dinner, I gave Bethany and Alice a bath and then went to a stake young women’s training with Melanie and Amy. Dan and Ben watched the Utah football game. 


Oct. 28th- Friday: Ben, Anna, and Bethany could wear their Halloween costumes to school. I walked on the treadmill and watched the news after the kids left for school. Alice and I ate and then I showered while she did Upstart. Dan worked from home and I went to the junior high to volunteer with the PTA to help pass out candy after the kids played elimination in the gym (for the end of red ribbon week). I ate a quick lunch in the car and then went to Ben’s class Halloween party. My station was reading instructions to the kids and they drew a Halloween picture with their eyes closed. Ben and I stopped by Anna‘s and Bethany‘s class parties before I took Ben home a little early because he had a headache. He missed orchestra. I got a quick nap before the kids got home from school and then I worked on the computer looking for Christmas jammies. Anna had Queesley, Desi, and Makayla over to play. Adrie came over to get ready with McKenna for a friend Halloween party. The kids ate and Dan and I went on a dinner date to Nacho House and picked up groceries. Ben had Henry and Taggart over. We put groceries away and cleaned up the basement and then the girls finished watching the Penguin Madagascar movie. Ben, Henry, and Taggart played ping-pong, basketball, and then watched a show about animal attacks. Dan and I finished shopping for Christmas jammies and then he picked up the girls from the party.


Oct. 29th- Saturday: After breakfast, Dan and Ben left for the Pugsley cabin for the boys Activity Days activity. They fished, shot BB guns, did archery, and cooked hotdogs over the fire. After breakfast, I cleaned up in the kitchen, got dressed, and then started sorting through the girls clothes more. I finished a little after lunchtime. Bethany went to her friend Kjla‘s birthday party at a ninja gym. McKenna and I started working on choosing outfits for family pictures. Dan and Ben got home and I left to pick up Bethany and Kensi from the party. We picked up pizza. Unfortunately, Bethany wasn’t feeling well and threw up in the car. We ate and did showers and baths. McKenna went to see "Mirror" at Backstage. 

Oct. 30th- Sunday: The Mitchell family spoke in Sacrament Meeting. Then there was a fifth Sunday youth discussion led by the Sunday school presidency. They taught about “teaching in the Savior’s way.” Then I took the kids home and went to hear Dan speak in the 2nd Ward. We went home and had lunch and watched our videos. I had to document the braids I did in Alice's hair! Then I napped a little before the conference call and Dan and McKenna left for Entrada for a foster care Sunday supper.  Anna and Alice were helpful getting dinner ready and setting the table, Ben played Legos nicely, and Bethany wrote love notes. We had pumpkin waffles for dinner and then the kids played with chalk outside for a little bit. We got ready for bed and watched Random Acts. Once Dan and McKenna were home, I went to the first Prelude to Christmas choir rehearsal. It felt good to be back after 2 years off for Covid.  


Oct. 31st- Monday: I got up around 7:15 and exercised. The kids watched shows and then we ate and prepped for scones tonight. The LPA kids did not have school. Bethany walked on the treadmill some and then we went to Bountiful City park and enjoyed the weather. The kids also chalked on the driveway and said, "Now our house if ready for Halloween!" Alice still had preschool. We all ate lunch and babysat Emmy Johnson a bit. I kept laundry moving and took a quick nap. We carved pumpkins once McKenna got home from school. Dan’s parents came over too. I started getting kids in costumes and Dan made hot dogs in a blanket and set up the scones station. McKenna went to Adrie’s to get ready, then to Hannah Hilbig's for a party! My parents and Mickelle came down! Mickelle came trick or treating with us. Anna went with Desi, and Queensley, and McKayla. They drove up to upper neighborhoods and got a TON of candy!  Ben was a trooper and stayed with his little sisters. Alice gave me a report after every house of what she got. It was so cute!



Oct. Videos Part 2: Fall at the park, McKenna’s 14th BD, LPA Fall Carnival, Webster BDs, Ward Halloween Party, YW I Need a Hero, Ben’s Primary Activity at Pugsley’s Cabin, Halloween!

No comments: