Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Oct. '22- Week 2- Clara and Hailey's Baptisms, "James" Pictures, White Pumpkins, Carving Apples, Anna Jungle Book Part, DC with Jonathan, GBHS Football game!

Oct. 8th- Saturday: We went to Clara’s baptism first with a lunch afterwards at the Stewart’s house. We came home for about 45mins and I worked on scrubbing Bethany’s backpack. Then we went to Haley’s baptism!  I lead the music and Dan said the closing prayer. We had food at Sam and Lara's house afterwards. We left by 3:45 to take Ben to his photo call for “James.” We picked up Dan’s car from Burt Bros. When we got home, the kids changed and played outside with the Moulton girls. I found some math on the driveway in sidewalk chalk from Anna. :) Dan and I cleaned out our sink drains. McKenna prepped her YW lesson. Then we went to Grma and Grpa Webster’s and played a game with them for a while. We came home and did showers and baths. The kids ate and we watched the BYU football game. Then we watched the old Donald Duck “Trick or Treat” short and put the girls to bed. I had some of Dan’s pie while Dan gave Ben a haircut. McKenna went to an outdoor movie night with friends. 

Oct. 9th- Sunday: I woke up in the middle of the night super nauseous thinking I was going to be sick! I went to the bathroom, prepared for the worse, but then I was able to go back to sleep and never threw up! So weird. We fasted. Dan attended sacrament meeting in the Sycamore ward. Ben shared his testimony in our ward about the pumpkin walk being like the covenant path and the fire pits were like a distraction to slow us down from getting home quickly. We had a great general conference recap discussion in young women. McKenna taught in the younger class and collected everyone’s phones in a basket and said it really helped with the reverence.  After the four younger kids had lunch, Ben worked on his book project, Anna planned a treasure hunt for Bethany and Alice, and I napped and had my conference call. We had a Nelson family zoom for general conference recap. McKenna and Dan helped make a baked mac & cheese for dinner. Then we started watching the new season of Relative Race. After kids were in bed, I worked on calendaring for the week and Dan and I talked about VA trip prep. 


Oct. 10th- Monday: I exercised after the kids left. I went to music with Alice, then stopped by Mrs. Cavanaugh’s to buy some chocolates for our VA hosts.  Then we had lunch and Alice had preschool. I went to my last (hopefully) physical therapy session and drove carpool.  I kept the laundry moving and helped Ben write a poem/card for Mrs. Forbes’ upcoming wedding and go over his "James" lines. McKenna and Ben ate and then went to Newsies rehearsal. The rest of us ate, folded laundry, and then went to the Moulton’s to carve apples.  The Mitchells were there too. After the kids were in bed, I tried to listen to Don’t Miss This and fell asleep on the couch. 

Oct. 11th- Tuesday: After the kids left and Alice and I ate, we had internet trouble. I practiced voice, napped a little, then got dressed. Alice and I got the mail and cut our second white pumpkin off the vine and put it on the porch. We had lunch and then I started picking out my outfits for our trip. Alice and I went to Grandma and Grandpa’s to wait for the Xfinity guy. The kids got home and I took Ben to rehearsal and ran to the library. I started making dinner for us and the Pugsleys. We took them dinner, then took Anna to Gymnastics.  I went to a Webster girls night at Brynn’s with soup, breadsticks, fruits and veggies, and dessert. We played a couple games, and it was lovely to be with them!! Ben had a tennis primary activity after rehearsal, then Dan took him to the store to buy a gift for Jordan.  After I got home, I started typing up a little information for grandparent babysitters for our trip. Then Dan helped me finish packing. We got to bed late! 

Oct. 12th- Wednesday: I exercised after the kids left for school. Then ate, showered, finished packing, and Dan’s parents came over by 9:45. Dan’s dad drove us to the airport along with Jake who had a work trip and was leaving around the same time. We landed in Phoenix around lunch time and ate at a burger place. Then we waited some 3 hours for our next flight because it was delayed. I napped. Dan worked some. I found out Anna's part in the 3rd and 4th grade play, Jungle Book-- She was cast as a grumpy monkey and Shanti! We arrived in DC at 12am. Jonathan picked us up and we went to his apartment. He had goofy bedding (sharks) for us to sleep on!

Oct. 13th- Thursday: We spent The day in Washington DC. It was pretty rainy when we left the apartment around 8 AM. We walked to the metro station and got off at the Smithsonian stop. We went to the Washington monument first and got right up to the top! The clouds even cleared enough for us to see out pretty far. Then we walked over to the Holocaust Museum and spent a good amount of time there. We had lunch at Potbellies which had delicious sandwiches. The rain had finally stopped. Next, we went to the Pentagon for Jonathan to show us around. I got in trouble for trying to take a picture with my visitor badge on. We were amazed at how big it was and that there were things like a doctors office, a pharmacy, a flower shop, and many many restaurants inside. The walls are also covered with exhibits about history and military branches and veterans. It’s a living breathing museum! We got to see the 9/11 memorial outside the Pentagon as well. Then we got on the metro again and headed to the Arlington cemetery. We made it just in time to see the final changing of the guard at 5pm. Then we rode to the Smithsonian station again and found some scooters to ride to the Martin Luther King Memorial. We rode the scooters back and then went back and then found a restaurant to have dinner in. We got back to Jonathan‘s apartment around 9 or 10 PM and crashed! So much walking and so many amazing things to see!

Oct. 14th- Friday: We left Jonathan‘s around 9:30 AM and drove down to Chesapeake. On the way, we stopped at Will and Brooke Wittwer‘s for an hour or so and loved visiting with them. We also stopped for lunch in Fredericksburg with Miranda and baby Capri. Back at home, Ben was able to go to Jordan's Birthday Party! We made it to Chesapeake around 5:20, just in time to go to the tailgate party before the Great Bridge High homecoming game. I was a little nervous at first, but once I started seeing old classmates it was pretty normal and natural to hug and chat like no time had passed. After the third quarter we headed to Greg and Fabriena Robertson‘s house where we would be staying. We got there at 9:30 and stayed up chatting with them way too late--till about 1 in the morning!





Oct. Videos Part 1: Grandma Kelly’s Bd, More Salmon Run, Pumpkin Walk, DC, Virginia!

No comments: