Wednesday, March 20, 2024

August 2022- Week 4- McKenna's first day, Fabric Shaver, Boating with the Kumps, Ben's "James" Audition, Extended Webster Gathering,

 Aug. 22nd- Monday: I took McKenna’s picture for her first day of 8th grade!  She walked with all the neighborhood kids. I exercised once the kids left. After getting ready and starting laundry, Alice and I went to her first day of Let’s Play Music. She watched shows and I had some down time but also did some productive things on the computer.  Dan ran into Elder Reed Webster at Costco! After lunch, Cooper came over for a bit. I tried to read “Hear Him.” Alice and I picked kids up. I helped kids with homework and heard all about McKenna’s day. Tanner came over for a bit as well. After dinner, we were going to go to Hokulia, but got invited to the Remington’s instead for ice cream.  After kids were in bed, we watched a little more of “13 Lives.” 

Aug. 23rd- Tuesday: I watched the news after the kids left. After breakfast, Alice watched shows and I cleaned. I vacuumed the family room and the stairs, then cleaned the downstairs girls’ bathroom. Then I had phone time and tried the fabric shaver on a sweat shirt of McKenna's and it worked so great! I got dressed and after lunch, Kaysen came over to play with Alice. I read “Hear Him” and worked on voice stuff. Once the kids got home, I read with Boof and Ben passed off memorizing all 13 Articles of Faith!  Anna had a stuffy nose and was tired. Ben worked on his audition for James and Giant Peach. Bethany went to play with Zaza for a bit. After dinner, we all went outside to play, mow, weed, and do yard work. After the three girls were in bed, Dan and McKenna and I finished “13 Lives.” Dan and I calendared.

 

Aug. 24th- Wednesday: I exercised on the bike after the kids and Dan left. McKenna had late start. I showered and then played Guess Who with Alice. Alice had a hard time going to the Johnson’s for my voice lesson. We had lunch then went to the Novak’s to swim with other Legacy kids. Ben, Anna, and Bethany also rotated in their house taking turns for their piano lessons. Ben accidentally locked the keys in the van, but thankfully McKenna walked a spare key down for us after she got home from school. We got home in time to take Anna to gymnastics. I read with Boof. We had dinner and then we did baths. Dan worked late.


Aug. 25th- Thursday: After the kids left for school, Alice and I ate, cleaned up, and got ready for the day. Alice went to Grandma’s and Dan and I went boating with Jared and Kelly Kump to Jordelle! We knee boarded and ate lunch and talked. It was such a great time with great weather!  We got home right as the kids were getting home. Korie Brown stopped by for a creamy. I tried to nap, then worked on a grocery order. Most of the kids did Lexia for their reading minutes. After dinner, we played outside. Once the girls were in bed, I worked on classroom manager stuff. 

Aug. 26th- Friday: After kids left for school, Alice and I ate and I had a bad headache. I worked on cleaning out my drop box on the computer. I also got caught up on Marco Polos. I showered and then went to my first physical therapy visit. She told me I need to strengthen my glutes to stabilize my hips more and to run with a smaller gate. I had lunch, then took Alice to the school to turn in subbing paper work and pick up the kids. I got Ben ready for his audition. I picked up McKenna and friends from Nielsen’s. They were so loud but so fun!  Ben had his audition for James and the Giant Peach. Then we picked up groceries. Dan and I went on a date to Cafe Rio. Then we hosted an outdoor movie with about 38 people!  We watched “Sing 2.” 


Aug. 27th- Saturday: I looked over callback information with Ben. We ate and Ben and I practiced the dance. Dan drove him to callbacks. I cleaned a little and prepped some lettuce. Anna had gymnastics and we got ready to leave for Mantua. *Jonathan flew in from DC.  We drove to Mantua and ate pizza in the car on the way. McKenna was having a hard time and got her phone taken away. We helped set up tables and chairs when we got to Mantua for the extended Webster family gathering. Grandpa’s sisters came and we got to see some of Dan’s Webster cousins! The kids swam, we ate dinner, and then swam some more. We left at 8:30. McKenna went out to play night games with Bridget, Korie, Taylor, Kayla, and Jojo. Dan gave himself a haircut. 

Aug. 28th- Sunday: Dan had early meetings. We got a new stake presidency counselor (Pres. Sansom was released due to his divorce :( ). We talked about trials in YW and I felt the Spirit as we talked about ways to rely on the Lord and each other during hard times. McKenna got a new calling in YW to be the secretary for her class (Brittana- President, Korie- 1st, Dancyne- 2nd). After lunch, we watched our videos and cleaned up the family room. The kids played and I assigned Ben and topic to teach in CFM for the week. I had my family conference call. Dan had a meeting about temple and family history. We went to a “back to school” dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Webster’s and celebrated August Birthdays. We found out Ben made the part of “James” at Backstage. We calendared and went through some emails.  

Aug. 29th- Monday: Anna came in our room at 5 something and threw up. :( We didn’t really get back to sleep. After the kids left, I started laundry and exercised (doing my physical therapy exercises as well). Alice and I ate, and Anna tried some dry cheerios. I got Alice ready for the day and she went to Let’s Play Music. I practiced voice and Anna watched shows. I picked up Alice and Meg Hartvigsen from LPM and then showered. I listened to Don’t Miss This and then we had lunch. Anna ate more and was ok. After lunch, I did some computer stuff and Anna napped. I drove carpool and then read with Bethany. Ben looked over his script. After dinner, McKenna went to a Newsies audition clinic and the rest of us played outside. Dan’s guts weren’t feeling too well. After kids were in bed, we watched part of the documentary about the 13 boys rescued from the Thailand cave.  


Aug. 30th- Tuesday: Anna was better! I watched the news after kids left. Alice and I ate and then got ready for the day. Payslie Mudrow came over to play so Chelsie could get some things done around the house or rest with her new baby. I worked on things on my phone in the basement while the girls played. We fed her lunch then walked her home. Alice watched shows while I napped and had computer time. Kids got home from school and then Ben had his first “James” rehearsal.  After dinner, McKenna and I had YW, which was an activity planning meeting. Dan had High Council duties for the Self Reliance stuff. Once kids were in bed, McKenna and Dan and I finished the documentary about the 13 rescued from the Thai cave.  


Aug. 31st- Wednesday: I watched the news after the kids left, then ate with Aice. McKenna had late start. I took Alice to a drive through meeting of her preschool teachers. Then we went to the rec center for the power tone exercise class with Brynn. Then we met some friends from the 6th ward at the splash pad. We came home for lunch, then the three middle kids got home and left for piano. I showered and napped, then picked up 9 jr. high kids because it’s been SO hot lately. Anna had gymnastics. I made dinner then went to physical therapy. Anna played with friends. I ate and Dan gave the little girls baths. McKenna went to the Newsies clinic. After kids were in bed, Dan and I talked and then went to bed a little early. 



August Videos- Part 2:
Visit to Layton, Last day of Grandma camp, Lagoon!, Mantua, Boating with Kumps, Playing outside, Jr. High carpool singing, Fashion Cookies at Sunday dinner.


No comments: