Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Nov. '22- Week 2- Subbing Jr. High English, Heroes Day, Ben in "James," Dan Utah Football Game, Primary Program

Nov. 8th- Tuesday: After the kids left, I showered and got ready and then subbed in Ms. Jackson’s jr. high English class. The kids mostly did assignments on their computers, so I felt a little useless. But overall they were good and quite a few said “thank you” on the way out. I also had lunch duty, which wasn’t as bad as I expected. It was raining lots on the drive home. Anna went to Sayge’s to play, and Ben had dress rehearsal. I snuggled Alice and napped a little. We had rice a roni for dinner and Anna had gymnastics. Dan donated plasma. I went on a quick visit to Suzie Andersen’s with Autumn. Then took McKenna to Hamblin's to borrow some tap shoes. After kids were in bed, I watched election coverage and had phone time and printed Veteran’s Day hero stuff. Dan went to the West building to do some inventory of tables and chairs. 

Nov. 9th- Wednesday: I subbed in Ms. Jackson’s class again. I felt like today went better than yesterday. The assignments were more time consuming and the kids focused better. It was snowing and sticking when I left for school. Alice stayed with Dan’s mom till she went to preschool. The three middles had piano. I napped and then talked with Kenna when she got home. I read The Westing Game with Ben. We all had dinner together before McKenna went to Newsies, Beth went to hip hop, and Ben went to see his friend Caleb in “Wonka” at LPA. I hosted the older YW class for our activity which was a “book club” of sorts where we talked about books we’ve read that we really like. Dan bathed the girls and got them to bed. Ben and McKenna got home from rehearsal and we talked some. 


Nov. 10th- Thursday: I drove the kids while Dan donated plasma. I walked for exercise while Alice watched a show. We ate and then I worked on a grocery order and some music stuff. Alice did Upstart, we worked on her music homework, and she watched a show. I napped and we had lunch together. I responded to roommate Marco Polos. I drove carpool, then Dan took Ben to Backstage and McKenna shopping for a gift for Lyla. I worked on July picture collages and helped Anna choose a person for her upcoming wax museum project. Dan left for a work event in Clearfield. McKenna had piano. We ate and then McKenna went to Whitney’s house to hang out. The three little girls played restaurant down stairs and I collaged pictures. After the kids were in bed, Bishop stopped by to extend a calling to me to be the 2nd counselor in the YW presidency (instead of the advisor to the older girls). I said yes!


Nov. 11th- Friday: Sarah Moulton drove the kids to school. I exercised then ate with Alice. She did Upstart while I showered. I took Alice to the Jensens (they took her to preschool) while I went to Legacy to have lunch with all three kids for Heroes Day. I came home and took a nap and then picked up preschool. When the other kids got home, I read with Ben, then took him to the Prelude to Christmas youth choir practice. Then I drove Ben and Sariah to call time. McKenna went to Lyla’s for her BD party. I ate with the three girls, Dan had a work meeting, then I went to Ben’s performance! They all did so well! I’m so proud of Ben and his hard work!! 

Nov. 12th- Saturday: We got up at 8 and ate and thought McK and Ben had Newsies tracks recording, but it got moved to the next week. Dan and I worked on designing our Christmas card some. We showered and got ready and went to Brooklyn Moulton’s baptism. I love feeling the Spirit when those ordinances are performed! We went to lunch at the Moulton’s after and visited with the Pugsleys and Novaks. There were many delicious soups and breads! I felt like I was coming down with a cold. The kids worked on their Christmas lists. Ben had a bike ride for Activity Days. Dan picked up groceries. Hazel came to play here while Ben, Anna, and Bethany went to Winegar’s. We had dinner and Dan left for the Utah football game!  I took McKenna to a friend’s house, then gave the girls baths/showers. After they were in bed, I worked on the blog!  

Nov. 13th- Sunday: We had our primary program!  All four primary kids did so well! They were brave and said their parts and sang the songs. The Webster Grandparents and Grandpa Mike came to watch. I got a new calling to be the YW second counselor, working with the younger girls now. Brittana taught and did well. Taking the girls phones away during the lesson really helps. We had lunch, watched our videos, and I took a quick nap while the kids built a fort downstairs. We went to the Pugsley’s for the ward “walk about” and visited with many neighbors!  We had dinner and then played Sequence with the kids. I had Prelude rehearsal. 

PARTS IN THE PROGRAM:

Ben- Visiting the Tabernacle 

In the Spring, I was able to visit the replica of the ancient Old Testament tabernacle on the lawn of the Bountiful tabernacle. I liked seeing all of the symbolism, such as the table of showbread, which represents the sacrament. Another example of symbolism was the laver of water, which represented baptism. It was cool to see that the ancient tabernacle to them was like our temples to us. Another thing I learned was the measurements of the tabernacle, which challenged me to see if I could build a replica of it in a video game called Minecraft, which some of you may know. I’m very glad I was able to learn about the ancient tabernacle and visit the replica.


Anna- Family History Experience 

For Memorial Day this year, I got the chance to see my great-grandparents' graves.  My mom's grandparents, the Condies, and my dad's grandparents, the Websters.  While we're at the graves, we tell stories about them.  For example, I learned that my middle name, Gayle, is named after my great-grandma Wilma Gay.  I also learned that my great-grandma, Chris Webster, could twist an apple, splitting it in half with her bare hands.  I'm grateful that I got to learn about them more! 


Bethany- Special Spiritual Event 

This past year I've been to 5 baptisms.  Each time I saw them go in the water, it made me feel special and excited that I get to do that soon.  Another way that I am preparing for my baptism is by doing Come Follow Me every  morning and learning about Jesus and Covenants.  


Alice- How she feels the Saviors love

I know Jesus loves me because when I learn about Him, I feel happy.  I also feel my Savior's love when my family says they love me. 


Nov. 14th- Monday: I rode the stationary bike after the kids left for school. My cold felt a little worse, so I went light on the exercise. I went to music with Alice. I kept laundry going and cleaned my toilet. Alice had preschool and I napped and blogged. I drove both LPA and preschool carpool. Kaysen came to our house to play till Jordan got done with a dentist appt. I read with Ben then made dinner. Ben and McKenna ate then went to rehearsal. Dan and Adam moved the exercise bike to his parents’ house so his mom could use it more, then we ate. We folded laundry and finished watching Frozen 2. The girls went to bed and I blogged a little then picked up Newsies kids. Dan sorted through some clothes for Ben. Brynn and Brian stopped by to measure the pool table. 

No comments: