Wednesday, March 20, 2024

August 2022- Week 3- Back to school shopping, Hip Doctor, Back to school night, First Day of School, Joseph Play, Mantua with Friends,

 Aug. 15th- Monday: We took Ben, Anna, and Bethany for a walk to Lewis Park and back. Then we weeded for 15mins and discovered we have a pumpkin plant growing on the corner of the house. We ate, and I drove McKenna to piano. I started laundry and tidied up the laundry room and cleaned the toilet in that bathroom. Then I took Ben and Anna to piano and picked McKenna up to go to Smith’s for some back to school shopping. We got home and I traded kids and took Ben and Anna to Smith’s for some shopping as well. We had lunch, then Ben went to Nate’s to hang out. I kept the laundry moving and we even washed lunch boxes, shoes, and McKenna’s new clothes. I took the girls for their back to school haircuts. I picked up Ben and then we made dinner together. After we ate, I went to a LPM parent meeting. I did dishes, the kids folded laundry, and then we went to Faye Wade’s yard to visit with the new Mitchell family who moved into Todd and Alli's house. Dan met us there after coming from Orem. After kids were in bed, I helped McKenna with a few more things on the computer. 

Aug. 16th- Tuesday: Dan donated plasma, I took the younger 4 on a walk to Lewis Park and back. We went to the school to meet all the kids’ teachers while they were there working and to find their classrooms. It was very helpful and it felt good to see it all come together in their new building. Alice and Bethany went to the last day of Sayge’s camp which was a tea party. I went to a sports medicine doc to check out my hip pain and he diagnosed me with basically inflamed tendons. He recommended physical therapy and at home exercises for 8-12 weeks. I picked up Alice and Boof, then we dropped off Anna and Bethany to play at Stewart’s and we met their new puppy!  I took McKenna for a hair trim and then Ben went swimming with the Lewises at Novak’s pool. We stopped by grandma’s to get some school supplies. The three little girls went to Winegar’s to play. McKenna and Ben helped me prep our back to school pasta salad dinner and they colored on the paper “tablecloth.” Dan gave everyone but McKenna a priesthood blessing, then Dan and Ben left for Activity days (a nerf battle). I helped the girls pack their lunches and pick out outfits. Then they got ready for bed. Dan and Ben got haircuts and I worked on adding things to my calendar.  

Aug. 17th- Wednesday: The First Day of School! Dan and I walked all three kids into their classrooms. I ate with Alice and finished getting ready. Dan took Alice to his office for a bit while I had an eye appt. I went to pick up the kids. We made a paper chain countdown for Alice for when it will be her turn to start back at preschool. Then I ate and prepped some chicken for dinner. I napped. Anna had gymnastics. Alice fell asleep and woke up grumpy.  After dinner, McKenna and I had the combined building activity, which was playing the game werewolf. Dan had a meeting with Bart and Kristi Nelson. 

Aug. 18th- Thursday: I rode the bike after kids left for school. Dan donated. I drove McKenna and 4 friends to the temple to do baptisms. We did not have an appointment and they got right in!  Alice and I waited in the van parked in the shade. After dropping off all the girls, I drove LPA carpool. It is so much faster to pick up the kids in the back of the neighborhood and only have to go to one building!  We had lunch, then I did some computer stuff and phone calls. I also napped. The Johnson boys were over here for a bit. I worked on a grocery order.  I took McKenna to McKayla’s house then made dinner. Ben and I went to see “Joseph” at Centerpoint theater. It was amazing and we both agreed the other person could have done it, and both thought “no I couldn’t have” of ourselves. :) We also both saw how much work it would have been to be in it! Dan took the three little girls to the Farmer’s Market. I picked up McKenna. Dan watched “Rogue 1.” 

Aug. 19th- Friday: Alice came in our room in the night. I didn’t sleep well. Once kids left for school, I watched the news then ate, then showered. Alice had a play date with Kaysen, then I picked up groceries. McKenna took a birthday gift to Hannah Hilbig. We had lunch then packed for a weekend at Mantua with friends. We got there around 3:15. We cleaned up a little. Rachael and her 4 younger kids got there first. Then the Pugsleys. We hung out and the kids ran around inside because it was raining pretty hard. We helped prep dinner, then ate around 6. Sarah Moulton and her 3 girls arrived around then. After dinner, we played code names and the kids watched “We could Be Heroes” in the movie room. Once some kids were asleep, Sarah, Rachael, Dan and I stayed up talking with McKenna, Bridget, and Brittana. 

Aug. 20th- Saturday: I got up around 7:30 and went walking with Amy, Sarah, and Rachael. We got rained on, but it was a nice walk and talk. We had breakfast and talked more. Then the kids went swimming. Desi didn’t feel well, so she and Anna stayed inside. Dan got in to swim too and practiced with Alice a little without floaties. I started prepping lunch. We ate around 1:30. Then some kids swam more while others cleaned up. Rachael left first at 3:30 and took Anna to Jaylee and Milly’s party in Layton. Then the Moultons and Pugsleys left around 4. Sarah dropped the three teens off at Farmington Station.  I napped, Dan showered, the kids watched a show, and then we finished cleaning and left by 6:30. We grabbed pizza, then picked up Anna and McKenna and friends on the way home. We unpacked and did baths and bed time. McKenna and Dan and I started watching “13 Lives” about the Thailand soccer team rescued from the cave in 2018.  

Aug. 21st- Sunday: Dan conducted stake business in our ward. Our Sacrament meeting was really cool. It was people giving their thoughts about what stood out to them from “The Living Christ” document. I sat by Mindi Remington in SS. Dan had meetings after church and was able to help set apart Jake Winegar for his new calling as a counselor in their Bishopric.  After lunch, I napped, then had my family conference call. I made cookies with Alice and Anna using the jar of mix Anna gave me for Mother’s Day. After dinner, I helped Anna and Bethany organize their uniforms a bit, then we got the girls in bed and watched a short Rubik’s Cube documentary. McKenna got her back to school father’s blessing. I went through my emails and did some paperwork that was needing to get done. Dan worked on church stuff. 

No comments: