Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Sept. 2022- Week 2- Ladies lunch, Park with kids, Utes Football game, State Fair, Bee's Game, Scarecrow Walk, YW activity

Sept. 8th- Thursday: After the kids left, Alice and I watched the news and ate. Alice did her first day of the Upstart online preschool program!  I practiced voice, then paid medical bills. The news broke that Queen Elizabeth died after ruling for 70 years!  I worked on a grocery order. We had lunch, I got dressed, and then had a visit from Nicole Schmutz my ministering sister. I worked on the computer a bit more, then drove carpool. Bethany had dance and I took McKenna to a doctor follow-up for some stomach issues.  Dan took Ben to "James" rehearsal. After dinner, Dan and McKenna mowed and I did dishes and tidied the kitchen while the other kids played outside. After kids were in bed, McKenna worked on a lot of homework. 

Sept. 9th- Friday: I exercised after the kids left. Alice and I ate, and then left to help clean at Jonathan’s condo with him and my mom. Alice talked my mom’s ear off the whole time. :) We got home and I changed and fed her lunch before taking her to preschool. I went to ladies lunch (kid free!) and talked with Kim Ulmer most of the time. I came home and napped before Alice got home, then talked with Dan. After the kids got home, I took them and Sayge to Creek Side park. It was Smokey due to wild fires in CA. We picked up groceries. Then we fed everyone dinner before we went to the adult only EQ BBQ up Mueller Park Canyon. The food was great and we played a game called “to tell a lie.” We got home and set up an outdoor movie for adults. We watched “Top Gun: Maverick” and had about 25 people come! McKenna went to Taylor Remington’s BD party where they played night games. 


Sept. 10th- Saturday: After breakfast and showers, Dan took Alice to buy a BD gift for Lucy Chadwick. McKenna had piano, then Dan and I left with Sam and Abby for the Utes/SUU football game. It was in the low 80s, and sunny, but we had a good time while they killed the other team 73-7. Ben went to a school orchestra thing and then went to Luke’s to hang out. Anna had make-up gymnastics. After the game, we met my parents, Mickelle, and Jonathan and the kids at the State Fairgrounds for the Fair!  We saw the crafts, the animals, and the Helping Hands exhibit. Then we rode the big yellow slide and the kids each got to pick a ride. We left a little after 6pm. My parents took the kids home and McKenna went swimming at a friend’s house. Dan and I went to the Bee’s game which we only lost by 1. It was a great game!  I cleaned the kitchen when we got home and Dan showered and shaved. What a marathon day!! 

Sept. 11th- Sunday: Dan had early meetings. It was Patsy Womack’s mission farewell. Marcie taught in the older YW class and did great! We had lunch and watched our videos. I napped and had my conference call. Then we had a Zoom call with the Nelsons for Grandfather’s 98th birthday! Each daughter could ask him one question about a certain time in his life.  Ben and Dan played checkers, we ate, and then played outside.  I divided up meat inside. Then we put the three girls to bed and I looked at callback information with Ben and McKenna. She taught him the callback dance for Newsies!  Then Dan and Ben played checkers again and I watched “Don’t Miss This.” Dan and I calendared. 


Sept. 12th- Monday: I walked 2 miles on the treadmill after the kids left. After breakfast, I went with Alice to LPM, then she did Upstart. I worked on laundry and some mending. Then she had lunch and went to preschool. I had PT and drove carpool. I also picked up for preschool. I read with Bethany, then started dinner. Ben and McKenna had Newsies callbacks. After dinner, Dan and I took the three little girls to the Kaysville Scarecrow walk and to get ice cream. We picked up kids from Backstage and then put kids to bed and folded laundry. 

Sept. 13th- Tuesday: I watched the news after kids left. Alice and I ate and then she did Upstart. I did a little more mending, then read the “Hear Him” book and practiced voice. Philip Pugsley came over to play with Alice. I showered then Alice and I ate. She watched shows while I napped and blogged. The kids got home and I snuggled each of them. McKenna walked to Bahama Buck’s with friends. Anna and Bethany played with Desi, McKayla, and Queensly.  Ben had rehearsal. We ate dinner and then Anna went to her new gymnastics time. Bethany had computer time. I had book club at Lindsay Moss’s discussing “The Four Agreements.” I talked with Dan and McKenna when I got home. 


Sept. 14th- Wednesday: I went to the gym with Brynn. Alice had preschool. I tried to help Meghan Johnson jump her car battery. I ate and the kids got home and went to piano. I showered and then picked up Jr. High kids, then picked up Mia from school. She stayed with us till Adam got off work. We had 9 extra kids come play for a bit! After dinner, McKenna had Newsies, Dan and Ben went to a primary Activity Days up Mueller Park Canyon where they played capture the flag and cooked hot dogs. Anna had a primary activity and I took Bethany and Alice with me to YWs. We had class activities where the older girls put Hi-Chews and a cute note on windshields of cars at the temple. The younger girls played flour tag. I went to Backstage for a Newsies parent meeting. 


No comments: