Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Nov. '22- Week 4- Giving Machines, Thanksgiving at Mantua, Change decorations, Snow storm! Chamber Artist Concert, Ben's Water Cycle

Nov. 22nd- Tuesday: Dan got up early to donate. I got up in time to talk with McKenna. Sadly, before school, she felt pretty nauseous. (She also got her phone taken away.) After taking McKenna to school a little late, Dan and I went to the temple. We came home and I made the green bean casserole for Thanksgiving in Mantua. I went to my voice lesson. Dan took the kids downtown to the Light the World giving machines unveiling. They got to see the actress who voiced Dolores in Encanto perform as well!  We all met at the movie theater after that to watch Lyle Lyle Crocodile. It was cute and Shawn Mendes was great in it. I took Ben to Caleb’s after that. We had dinner and Anna went to gymnastics. Then we played Hullabaloo in the basement. The girls went to bed and Dan prepped his pie crust. McKenna went to Bridget’s for a movie night. 

Nov. 23rd- Wednesday: We got up around 8:45. The kids ate, and then Ben and Anna had piano. Dan baked his pie. I went to the gym with Brynn. The substitute teacher used the “burn out” method as opposed to counting reps. We got rocked!  The kids showered, packed, we ate lunch, packed some more, then we left for Mantua. We arrived around 3pm.  We chilled and napped. We had pizza for dinner, then more cousins came.  We played Skull King and then got kids to bed. We talked in the Piano room till about 1am.  Always a good time bonding with family!

Nov. 24th- Thursday: Thanksgiving Day! We slept in till 8:45ish. We ate a little breakfast and then I watched the parade! We did some turkey crafts with the kids. Some watched football in the game room. I showered, then got my green beans in the oven. We ate our feast around 2pm and everything was amazing!  We played Letter Jam, some went for a walk, and I tried to nap in our room. We had pie for dinner. We played Yahtzee and Brynn made up a silly song that helped several of us get a Yahtzee! We got kids to bed, then Sam and Lara came up to Mantua. I got to talk to my family on the phone from the Hawaii airport. We played Skull King and then talked again till 1am.  

Nov. 25th- Friday: Dan and I woke up around 8:20. We snuggled Alice who was sad about something. We ate, then we started helping clean up. We finished cleaning about 11:30, grabbed lunch to go, and drove home. We unloaded, unpacked. By 1:30ish, we cleaned up Thanksgiving decor and got to work setting up Christmas decorations! We worked until 4:30/5. Dan and the kids also stuffed envelopes with our Christmas cards.  Then we went to Del Taco to eat. We got home and had ice cream and got ready for bed. McKenna showered and got her phone back. After the girls were in bed, I worked on a grocery order and Dan and I watched the second “Enola Holmes” with McKenna. 


Nov. 26th- Saturday: I exercised and Anna and Alice were in the gym with me too. We ate then headed outside to clean up the garage, the yard, and put up Christmas lights. I was out there from 11-1:30 weeding and raking leaves, then I ate lunch and went back out there. The three big girls helped weed some. They also put away the fairy garden and the back patio cushions. Ben helped Dan in the garage. I got to listen to my book a lot. It started snowing around 3:30 and I kept going till 4:45. The guys who Meghan and Cody hired to put up their Christmas lights offered to help Dan finish putting up ours! That was such a tender mercy because of the snow coming in!  We had dinner and then the kids did baths and showers. McKenna and Ben helped vacuum and I finished vacuuming the basement. Then I had to clean the vacuum. We got kids to bed and I took a BATH which felt lovely! We watched football and I found Christmas gift ideas on Amazon. Unfortunately, my parents and Mickelle and Jonathan were all sick with stomach issues since getting back from Hawaii, so we didn’t see them. 


Nov. 27th- Sunday: Dan had an early meeting. We had a call up choir in sacrament meeting. Charlie taught in YWs about sharing the gospel. After lunch and videos, I had singing practice again for the Ward Party, then my family conference call. We got to hear all about their Hawaii trip! Dan and I napped. We had pulled pork for dinner. McKenna practiced her flute with Bridget for the Ward Party. We put new pictures in frames around the house. The kids played with the train. I went to Prelude rehearsal. Dan and I started looking at Christmas gifts for the kids. 


Nov. 28th- Monday: I exercised after the kids left for school. Dan picked up groceries. We ate and Alice went to music. I started laundry and showered. Alice did Upstart and watched a show. We had lunch and she went to preschool. I napped and worked on computer stuff. The kids got home and it was snowing pretty good. I switched laundry and helped them with homework. I started dinner and McKenna and Ben left for rehearsal. We ate and then folded laundry. I had book club at Sarah Moulton’s discussing the book "Hallelujah" about the story of how Handel wrote the oratorio, The Messiah. It was a moving book with many applications to Christ. Dan worked on putting stamps on Christmas cards. 


Nov. 29th- Tuesday: We woke up to more snow. Davis District had a two hour delayed start. Legacy did not. McKenna stayed home sick though. After we ate together, Alice did Upstart and I got dressed. I worked on August picture collages. McKenna did some homework. We had lunch together, then I made the chicken pot pie filling for dinner on Wednesday.  Then I napped and blogged in my room. The kids got home. Ben took a spill at the end of the day and had scraped up knees. I snuggled him a bit then took him to Backstage. I looked over Anna’s homework. The three girls played outside in the snow. I prepped the kids’ dinner. Grandma and Grandpa took Anna to gymnastics. Dan and I left for a date night to Thai food and a concert at the Cathedral of the Madeline down town by the Utah Chamber artists. We got gas station ice cream afterwards and then came home and packed lunches and did dishes. There was also a small bird in our garage that night! We were able to direct him to fly out.

Nov. 30th- Wednesday: I subbed in Ms. Huggard’s Kindergarten class. They were very good and cute kids!  They were respectful, they cleaned up after themselves, and were pretty focused!  The kids had piano and Dan and I napped. I picked up preschool kids and piano kids. I helped Anna with the project a little, then she went to play in the snow with Emi Atkins. Ben had a “James” cast party. McKenna had Newsies. Bethany had hip hop. I hosted the YW over here for a movie and snacks night. And we talked about our favorite Christmas traditions. After the girls were in bed, I cleaned and worked on the countdown doors. Dan gave himself a haircut. *Here's a pictures of Ben's water cycle project.



November Videos:
Ward Youth Activity, McKenna pulling out of parking spot, STEM EXPO, Alice snapping, Stake Youth Activity, Ben in “James”, Light the World Giving Machines, Mantua Thanksgiving crafts, kids playing with train, Ben’s water cycle project

No comments: