Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Oct. '22- Week 3- Sandbridge with Christine, Reunion!, McKenna's Birthday!, Subbing in Bethany's class, LPA Fall Festival

Oct. 15th- Saturday: We left the Robertson's around 9:45 and made it to Sandbridge beach to visit with Christine (Platz) Knapp and her husband Cleon. The weather could not have been more perfect and we chatted for an hour and a half while playing in the sand with our toes. They left, and Dan and I stayed to walk on the beach a little and then found a yummy Mexican place for lunch. On the way back to Chesapeake, we stopped at Great Bridge High School. It was open on a Saturday because of a big craft fair going on so we were able to go in and walk around. Then we went back to the Robertson's and showered and got ready for the reunion. We stopped at Stephanie and Jordan Moger’s house before the reunion and enjoyed visiting with them and seeing their house. Once we got to the country club for reunion we ate food with Heather and Ronnie Slaven and Stephanie and Jordan. Then we visited more with other classmates and I loved the dancing! Dan was grateful to have Ronnie to talk with and he was so nice to take pictures and videos of the night. I'm so so grateful I could go and catch up with many people and friends who made me who I am today!

Oct. 16th- Sunday: We woke up around 6:30am and got ready for the day. We had breakfast and chatted with Greg and Fabriena a little more while eating breakfast. Then we headed to DC for our flight home. We listened to Charlie Bird’s book most of the drive. We were able to stop by Jonathan’s one last time before heading to the airport. We chilled in his rooftop lounge. Dan and I flew home on separate flights and I almost lost my ID again at the airport! I flew to Dallas, TX and Dan flew to Charlotte, NC.  My flight from Dallas to SLC was delayed about an hour, but I had a nice chat with a guy who’s dad is working on the new hymn book!  I arrived in Salt Lake around 8:15 and Adam picked me up and brought me home. I talked with McKenna and Ben for a little while and then went back to the airport to pick up Dan.  We unpacked and went to bed exhausted!


Oct. 17th- Monday: I exercised after the kids left. I started laundry, ate with Alice, we did her music homework, and then she did Upstart. She had music and I continued to keep the laundry going, run deebot, and clean the kitchen some. Dan went to the LDS Hospital ER to get his leg checked out because we thought he may have a blood clot. Thankfully, the ultrasound showed it wasn’t deep enough for them to worry about. While Alice had preschool, and I made a grocery order, then showered. Sarah drove carpool for me. McKenna, Adrie, and Bridget came home to make a BD poster for Megan Hunter and delivered it.  The kids did their homework and I tried to post pictures from the reunion on Facebook. I read some with Bethany. McKenna and Ben ate a little dinner before rehearsal. Dan picked up groceries. After dinner, we folded laundry and I worked on Anna’s castle with her. I had book club at Rachael’s house to discuss the two books about LGBTQ issues and the church. It was a good discussion and I came home feeling like love is always the answer!


Oct. 18th- Tuesday: After the kids left, Alice and I ate and watched the news. Then I sat on the couch for a while doing texts, Facebook, Instagram, phone calls, got caught up on my journal, and my voice lesson was canceled. Alice did Upstart and watched shows. I got the ball rolling asking about “James” tickets for Ben’s show. Alice and I had lunch. I got dressed, then we picked up Philip Pugsley and Hazel and went to North Canyon Park. The weather was beautiful!  I got caught up on Marco Polos. Once we got home and kids were home from school, we went and got pumpkins from the Koldewyn’s, then they did homework.  I helped Anna more with her castle. I also talked with Ms. G about subbing. Ben and Anna ate before rehearsal and gymnastics. Dan drove them and also stopped by the store for some more stuff for McKenna’s BD. We ate, then played outside some. After kids were in bed, we got ready for McKenna’s birthday!  

Oct. 19th- Wednesday: McKenna’s 14th birthday! After the kids left, I started making the breakfast for McKenna’s friends. We had yogurt parfaits, waffles, and sausage. Unfortunately, I underestimated how much they could eat, but I think they were all fed enough! We drove them to school. I cleaned up while Alice did Upstart. We went to the gym with Brynn. I took a smoothie to McKenna and school.  Then Alice had preschool. I finished cleaning up and doing dishes. Then I showered and the kids got home. Anna and Bethany had Aubrey and Emmy over to play. I picked up preschool. I helped Ben choose a book for his next book project. We had pasta salad and strawberries for dinner, then donuts and ice cream for McKenna to blow out her candles in! Ben and McKenna had rehearsal.  Bethany had hip hop. I filled up Dan’s car and went to YW. We worked on our dance for the Fall Festival. McKenna came late. I looked at baby pictures with McKenna when we got home, then had phone time. 

Oct. 20th- Thursday: I got ready for breakfast and drove the kids to school because I was subbing in Ms. G’s class with Bethany. I couldn’t find the plans for the first hour of school, but it was ok. Once I found the schedule/plans, things went much better. Things that were a little tough throughout the day were all the bathroom breaks and the little boy with diabetes who had to go to the office so many times because he was high or low. Poor kid!  Bethany was an angel and told me I did a good job, but not to do my sing-song high voice! :) After we got home, I drove McKenna to Backstage and then picked up some cupcakes. Dan took Alice to work earlier, and he said she did great and had lots of screen time. Ben had rehearsal, and the three girls went to Adam’s while Dan and I went to dinner with Marylyn and Jeramie West as a thank you for hosting Jaggar’s farewell.  Dan and I picked up different kids and then got the kids in bed. We chilled in the basement.


Oct. 21st- Friday: I substituted again for Ms. G. I felt like the morning was going better, but then the afternoon was worse than the day before. Kids kept talking over me, being out of their seats, still lots of bathroom breaks… Connor still needed to go to the office a few times to get his numbers regulated. I was able to stop by Anna’s Middle Ages day a couple times. Once we got home, Dan took McKenna and Alice to shop for a birthday present for Megan Hunter. Ben and Anna both played with neighbors. I ran to get a costume for Ben from the Winegars. I started getting the kids ready for the Fall Festival at school. We did all the activities and had pizza there. It was nice to feel like things were getting back to pre Covid times!  Dan and Ben went To the Winegar‘s for a movie night and McKenna went to Megan Hunter‘s birthday party. I stayed home with the three little girls and we watched some Halloween shorts on Disney. After they were in bed, I worked on a grocery order and watched Hocus-Pocus.

No comments: